Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It's not something I'm going to buy, but it also doesn't affect me. With variant covers, there is always the option of buying the other one (which will generally be cheaper anyway.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It's not something I'm going to buy, but it also doesn't affect me. With variant covers, there is always the option of buying the other one (which will generally be cheaper anyway.)
    well these days with variants it is more an option of buying the other one or the other one or the other one or the other one or the.....

BANNED

Never seen one of these in my entire life

I can't say I want to buy one, but they're harmless.

BANNED

Why aren't these things REAL TOYS ?

Why do they tease us like this ?

Invincible Member

I'm more bugged by "coloring book" covers that are the regular cover illustration only without the color.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Not really a fan of variants, in general.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

If you don't like variants, then no variant will be to your liking. I'm cool with variants. I actually like and appreciate the feel and detail in these covers as they recognize the different items featuring these characters. Personally, I much prefer these to the Skottie Young kiddie variants, but I don't begrudge those to anyone who does like them.

Whatever our tastes are is cool. The only real drawback if wanting a particular variant and not being able to afford it.

But I will gladly opt for the action figure variant if there's no additional price.

Nope.
    Couldn't care less.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I don't mind them since Marvel has been moving away from the rare variant printing. I think they still do a few but most of the time if you let your LCS know ahead of time that you want a variant, you can get one without paying some kind of mark up. I really enjoyed the ones from a couple of years ago that were homage covers that (and I forget what this is called) where if you moved the angle of the copy you saw the original cover. I have a couple of those that were homages to Iron Man #150 and Fantastic Four #200.

Astonishing Member

I think they are way cool.The Action Figure Variant Covers are one of the best ideas in Variant covers that i have seen.
    My LCS never have those variant covers,but i like to see them in the solicitations.But if my LCS ever have those variant covers i would rather get that one (If the variant is of a cool character in a way that resembles quite a lot being actually a action figure box) that the regular cover of a comic book.