BANNED

Default Alberto Del Rio vs Kevin Owens

Two of the more recent guys to beat Cena clean so I thought it might be interesting.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

hmmmmm tough choice.

KO is just about as fast as el patron so they are about equal in that area. alberto, i'd say, is more technically proficient of the two but kevin is much stronger, being able to give pop-up powerbombs to both ryback and mark henry. their soak is about the same and they can work a long match before tiring.

if i had to pick, i'd say KO but he will know he'd been in a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    hmmmmm tough choice.

KO is just about as fast as el patron so they are about equal in that area. alberto, i'd say, is more technically proficient of the two but kevin is much stronger, being able to give pop-up powerbombs to both ryback and mark henry. their soak is about the same and they can work a long match before tiring.

if i had to pick, i'd say KO but he will know he'd been in a fight.
    Del Rio has better feats at the moment. He took out Mysterio while he was still relevent, ended John Cen'a epic US title tun (something KO couldn't do. He's also won a couple of world championships.) I see it going the other way, Del rio beats KO but he'll know he was in a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Holacik View Post
    Del Rio has better feats at the moment. He took out Mysterio while he was still relevent, ended John Cen'a epic US title tun (something KO couldn't do. He's also won a couple of world championships.) I see it going the other way, Del rio beats KO but he'll know he was in a fight.
    true but kevin did beat cena in his debut match on the main roster, which is pretty damn big in and of itself. not to mention, him nearly killing sami for the NXT title, a guy who could wrestle with the likes of nevelle and cesaro.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    true but kevin did beat cena in his debut match on the main roster, which is pretty damn big in and of itself. not to mention, him nearly killing sami for the NXT title, a guy who could wrestle with the likes of nevelle and cesaro.
    He then lost his next two matches to Cena, and also lost a triple threat to Rusev. I like Sami as much as the next guy but his feats are a bit lacking, it's not much of a boost for KO.

He then lost his next two matches to Cena, and also lost a triple threat to Rusev. I like Sami as much as the next guy but his feats are a bit lacking, it's not much of a boost for KO.
    it's still good feat. it would be like someone coming into the WWE during the attitude era and beating stone cold in his first match.

but if i would give this del rio, he'd have to end it in the first 10-15 minutes. after that, it favors KO since he seems to get better the longer the match goes.

BANNED

I suppose how much of a feat ADR's win over Cena can be considered is the difference maker here.

While he beat John more decisively than any one not named Brock Lesnar, the commentators implied that Cena wasn't at his best.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastDalek View Post
    I suppose how much of a feat ADR's win over Cena can be considered is the difference maker here.

While he beat John more decisively than any one not named Brock Lesnar, the commentators implied that Cena wasn't at his best.
    that did kind of taint the victory a bit. not by much though.

I haven't seen the match yet, but I assume he pinned him and didn't tap him out, correct? Because if he did the latter then I can't see KO winning here.

BANNED

I haven't seen the match yet, but I assume he pinned him and didn't tap him out, correct? Because if he did the latter then I can't see KO winning here.
    He beat Cena clean in under eight minutes with only one of that kick finisher of his, after having the advantage for most the match. The commentators try to get across that ADR returning was such a shock to Cena that it took him completely off his game.

He beat Cena clean in under eight minutes with only one of that kick finisher of his, after having the advantage for most the match. The commentators try to get across that ADR returning was such a shock to Cena that it took him completely off his game.
    and at the start of the match, cena was "hurt" and not at his best, according to the commentators.