Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Preview/Discussion: Titans Hunt #1

http://www.newsarama.com/26394-previ...ns-hunt-1.html

Quite the heap of exposition early on. Third-person narration always throws me off, but it'd be interesting to see who's the voice behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    http://www.newsarama.com/26394-previ...ns-hunt-1.html

Quite the heap of exposition early on. Third-person narration always throws me off, but it'd be interesting to see who's the voice behind it.
    Uh, isn't Roy supposed to be recovered from his alcoholism?

Yeah, all that exposition was slightly annoying, but not too much to take me out of the story. I just hope we only get that kinda stuff at the beginning of an issue, you know, focus that stuff on jump-starting the story of the issue and recapping stuff that already happened.

Roy is Roy, really glad he's here, but not all that interested in reading about him. More interested in just his interactions with the Titans.

Gnaark. I like him already. He generally looks like that dude who's big and strong, not dumb, pretty nice and friendly, just like a regular guy working at a convenience store. Seems like a real bro. Now, I wonder if he actually knows Roy was Speedy, or just calling him speedy... I'm thinking the former, and Roy took it to mean the latter. From looking at the cover to Titans Hunt #1, I kinda assumed Gnaark was just gonna be that big, dumb, strong guy who cares about his friends. Good to know he's not as boring as I first thought he was going to be.
    That last page with Dick. I like it. Good way to bring people up to speed with his current status quo (that is... if they actually continue onto saying he's a spy working for Spyral).

Quote Originally Posted by ilovelocust View Post
    Uh, isn't Roy supposed to be recovered from his alcoholism?
    Not sure if you mean Roy has stopped drinking entirely (now that scene in BRE #2 when both Tim and Dick leave so Jason drinks at a bar all alone is even more sad), or just stopped being addicted. I didn't even know he was an alcoholic in the New 52, makes sense though. I think he's just drinking to make himself remember whatever it is that he forgot. He's not trying to get completely drunk. I think.

Edit: Took me about an hour to realize the store Gnaark works for is named "Ice Age."
    Last edited by Grayson - The Dark Heir; 10-19-2015 at 10:46 AM.

Seems pretty good, IMHO!

Peace

Mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.
    That cover looks good.
    Nice to see the original Teen Titans........

Roy was weirded out by the 'T' shaped water tower. is that hinting that Titans Tower existed?!? i really hope it returns. it's one of the more iconic buildings in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Roy was weirded out by the 'T' shaped water tower. is that hinting that Titans Tower existed?!? i really hope it returns. it's one of the more iconic buildings in comics.
    I completely missed that reference. I feel ashamed.

Is it okay for me to be a salty b*itch right now

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    That was a good catch.

Man Wednesday is looking to be a good one

I am so excited about this series. More than I have been for almost any book DC has released during the Nu 52 era. I actually plan on buying my digital copy Weds morning where I normally wait for DC titles to drop in price before I buy.

The third person narration is super reminiscent of Wolfman's NTT. Intentionally so, I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    The third person narration is super reminiscent of Wolfman's NTT. Intentionally so, I assume.
    In that case, that is awesome. Just asking, did Wolfman write like this all throughout his issues?

Looks great!
    Hope it does as good as Lois & Clark.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dropkickjake View Post
    I am actually thinking it's either Tempest/Garth or Lilith that's doing the narrating. While true Wolfman did write just like that in the 1980'ties, he has changed it a bit... like the Trigon issue was also narrated in similar fashion till you turned the last page to find out it was Arella talking all along.

Art looks nice, but I don't have much interest beyond that. Kicking off the book with Roy isn't really the best way to hold my interest.

this just looks messy continuity wise. I'm interested in Donna and Dick, but not so much the others. I'm more of an iconic New Teen Titans fan.
    The J-man