Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has problems with the barbarian amazons and the fact they are generics. Low tech and have to depended on someone. I don't want that I'm okay with flawed but there was no reason to kill the men.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksun View Post
    I don't doubt phillipus and hypplyta is more pular than diana and trevor.
    I wonder why some love the couple and others don't think that this couple should exist

My favorite comic version of Hippolyta is probably the bronze age version. I prefer the pre-Nu52 version to the current one. At least so far.

I like her with blonde hair more. I enjoy seeing a bigger physical traits contrast between Diana and Hipp.

I thought the Justice League tv series did a quite fine job with Hippolyta too.
    Kurt Angle:"Canada is lacking two things.The first is Olympic heroes,and no Ben Johnson does not count.The second is Memorial Day.We in the States celebrate our heroes by having barbecues.I realise here in Canada you can't have barbecues because you'd be attacked by a moose,a caribou or even a grizzly,it's true! Hold on a second - you'd probably be attacked by a grizzly as well.On second thought..the Grizzlies don't beat ANYBODY here in Vancouver,let alone anywhere else,it's true,it's true!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jadis View Post
    My favorite comic version of Hippolyta is probably the bronze age version. I prefer the pre-Nu52 version to the current one. At least so far.

I like her with blonde hair more. I enjoy seeing a bigger physical traits contrast between Diana and Hipp.

I thought the Justice League tv series did a quite fine job with Hippolyta too.
    ITA about the blonde hair, it provides good contrast. I choose New 52 Hippy because she physically resembles the SA Hippolyta plus this Hippolyta never time-traveled to WWII. I hated how they demoted Diana into a legacy hero: the second Wonder Woman.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    ITA about the blonde hair, it provides good contrast. I choose New 52 Hippy because she physically resembles the SA Hippolyta plus this Hippolyta never time-traveled to WWII. I hated how they demoted Diana into a legacy hero: the second Wonder Woman.
    I guess it depends on how you view the timestream. Diana was Wonder Woman first, and then Hippolyta carried that concept back from the future to a past era.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

i prefer a blonde hippolyta to make her character design more distinguishable. and a powered up, more ferocious version, too; someone who can go mano y mano with any god, especially zeus.

...of course there were three different Pre52 Hipployta/es
    Hipployte Golden Age (Earth 2) brunette
    Hippolyta Silver Age (Earth 1) blond
    Hippolyte Post Crisis (new Earth) raven haired

Still all better than Nu52.... but for various reasons I actually didn't mind the idea of a revamp/blond Hippolyta, but then everything went so poo-ey....

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    ...of course there were three different Pre52 Hipployta/es
    Hipployte Golden Age (Earth 2) brunette
    Hippolyta Silver Age (Earth 1) blond
    Hippolyte Post Crisis (new Earth) raven haired

Still all better than Nu52.... but for various reasons I actually didn't mind the idea of a revamp/blond Hippolyta, but then everything went so poo-ey....

Same here. Hippolyta's current hair color is the least of my concerns regarding her. I'd like to see her make some sort of gesture towards Hera(beyond simply saying she's sorry) for having sex with Zeus and also get her people that committed the sex-raids in line. She's a queen. I'd like to see her start acting like more of a role-model.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post
    Pre New 52 she was one of my top characters. I don't care about the affair with Zeus, but I don't like getting rid of the male babies and murdering the soldiers. She came off okay in Demon Knights. I need to see more of her, I guess, but I don't like any of the Amazons except Diana right now.

Oh, and I hate her outfit.
    I despise it too.

Yuck.

I associate Blond Hippolyta with everything bad. Pre-Crisis she was a manipulative control freak that was always lying to Diana, or erasing her memories. The New 52 version endangered her entire nation because Zeus showed up naked one day and she forgot she was the queen of an island full of man haters, because he looked that good to her. Then she got knocked up and lied about it and then she let her daughter grow up being called names based on that lie. She's a selfish piece of work.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Tiara View Post
    I despise it too.

Yuck.

I associate Blond Hippolyta with everything bad. Pre-Crisis she was a manipulative control freak that was always lying to Diana, or erasing her memories. The New 52 version endangered her entire nation because Zeus showed up naked one day and she forgot she was the queen of an island full of man haters, because he looked that good to her. Then she got knocked up and lied about it and then she let her daughter grow up being called names based on that lie. She's a selfish piece of work.

That crustacean-like armor of hers does suck.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Same here. Hippolyta's current hair color is the least of my concerns regarding her. I'd like to see her make some sort of gesture towards Hera(beyond simply saying she's sorry) for having sex with Zeus and also get her people that committed the sex-raids in line. She's a queen. I'd like to see her start acting like more of a role-model.
    She didn't just say she was sorry.

She told the Amazons to stand down from protecting her. She fell to her knees before Hera. She begged for forgiveness.

She humbled herself before Hera and made no effort to defend herself from her wrath. I'd say that's about as good a gesture as she could've made.

Getting the raiders in line is absolutely something she needs to do, although Diana seems to have that matter well in hand. But yeah, in general, it's long past due that we see Hippolyta's more positive attributes. It was clear that she loves Diana. But that's not enough.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Pre-52, this one got seduced by a naked Zeus with a sword. Not really a role model or the behavior of a queen, especially when you consider the goddess she was pledged to was Zeus's wife. Rest of the amazons too, Azzarello seems set to finish driving home the steak in their heart that Amazon's Attack started. I wonder sometimes why DC hates the amazon's so much.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Pre-52, this one got seduced by a naked Zeus with a sword. Not really a role model or the behavior of a queen, especially when you consider the goddess she was pledged to was Zeus's wife. Rest of the amazons too, Azzarello seems set to finish driving home the steak in their heart that Amazon's Attack started. I wonder sometimes why DC hates the amazon's so much.
    Nope.

Most recent issues, we're starting to see the Amazons are starting to turn around and embrace Diana's changes. Aleka just died defending Zola and Zeke. Dessa almost killed herself in shame after contemplating killing Zeke.

The Amazons are starting out flawed, so Diana can reform them and try to improve both Man's World and her own world. Don't get me wrong, I would've liked if the Amazons were a little less in need of reform. But the whole point is to see the Amazons evolve into the good civilization that we know, rather than simply have them come into being already as good as they can be.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

BANNED

Last I looked they were snakes and deserved to be snakes. So they aren't raping and murdering anymore? one of the main reasons I stopped reading Wonder Woman, I was tired of the slash and burn Azzarello was using on her mother and the rest of the amazons.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Nope.

Most recent issues, we're starting to see the Amazons are starting to turn around and embrace Diana's changes. Aleka just died defending Zola and Zeke. Dessa almost killed herself in shame after contemplating killing Zeke.

The Amazons are starting out flawed, so Diana can reform them and try to improve both Man's World and her own world. Don't get me wrong, I would've liked if the Amazons were a little less in need of reform. But the whole point is to see the Amazons evolve into the good civilization that we know, rather than simply have them come into being already as good as they can be.
    Last edited by Mark; 08-17-2014 at 04:06 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Nope.

That wasn't the case during Perez's time either. They had to eventually come around to accepting men, it wasn't wholly in their dna. The difference is Perez showed they had legitimate reasons for being mistrustful of men, which is something the current writer hasn't bothered to do. Perez didn't make them murdering, sex pirating, baby traders or primitive, warrior, mud hut dwellers either. They had a flawed society that was always striving to be better, a fact which made them admirable and inspiring, unlike present day Hippolyta.