Super Moderator

Default Bendis & Marquez March "Iron Man" Down the Path to "Civil War II"

Brian Michael Bendis tells CBR News about how "Invincible Iron Man" with David Marquez sets the stage for their pairing on "Civil War II."

Full article here.

Who is taking over for Marquez on Iron Man, while he does Civil War II?
    How about Alex?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by havok View Post
    Who is taking over for Marquez on Iron Man, while he does Civil War II?
    Steve McNiven.

Well, shoot. I've already dropped "invincible"; I like dialogue as much as the next guy, but bendis' style just overloads the book with it. However, I may have to pick up the next arc to see how stark reacts to peter's new role in the MU.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    Well, shoot. I've already dropped "invincible"; I like dialogue as much as the next guy, but bendis' style just overloads the book with it. However, I may have to pick up the next arc to see how stark reacts to peter's new role in the MU.
    I'm the exact opposite. I added Invincible last month, but now that it's going to get dragged into 2 crossovers I'm out. I can't support 2 issues of Invincible + International + other singles for the crossovers. I only added it for Doom either way, and Bendis still writes a terrible Doom, so it's not like I'll be missing much...

Bendis:That's how it goes! The reaction to just the announcement of her was very funny. It was very X-Men like in its conspiratorial qualities, "Marvel hates her!" It wasn't anything like that. I like switching up supporting casts. I think we've had a lot of luck with that; putting these characters we all love in new situations and seeing if anything clicks. If it doesn't it doesn't, but if it does some really special things can happen.

For 10 years X-mens are trapped in the plot of extinction and still expect every fan like it?

Men create their own demons marvel chose this path they will now have to deal with fans who disagree with them and the complex only grows stronger every day.

Good luck with Civil War II the first are innovative despite some problems will not be easy to do better and many readers have controversial opinions about another story of heroes vs. heroes.

Incredible Member

The only thing of value to me in this interview was the confirmation that Marvel's new "flagship book" is shuffling artists after a handful of issues, thus confirming my decision to drop it.

I'm down to 2 Marvel books now. I hope Marvel leaves the Thor and Doctor Strange teams alone.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoVGM View Post
    Steve McNiven.
    if thats true, that means Civil War 2 will around March or April of 2017 right? Well, if we're lucky.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post
    The only thing of value to me in this interview was the confirmation that Marvel's new "flagship book" is shuffling artists after a handful of issues, thus confirming my decision to drop it.

I'm down to 2 Marvel books now. I hope Marvel leaves the Thor and Doctor Strange teams alone.
    Don't hold your breath. There's no telling what the rocket scientists at the Shanty of Stale Ideas might do with other books.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Sounds like Rhodey is coming back, which is awesome. I'm not buying this book, but that news almost makes me want to. Almost. Hopefully Bendis can give Rhodey a new status quo that actually sticks, not like the last 3.
    currently reading: Dept. H, Hellboy in Hell, Kaijumax, Moon Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ZeoVGM View Post
    Steve McNiven.
    According to the solicits for February, it's actually Mike Deodato, not McNiven.
    Favorite Marvel Superheroes (in no particular order): Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Hawkeye (Clint Barton), Wolverine (Logan), Daredevil, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), Black Bolt, Deadpool, Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), The Thing, Cyclops, Emma Frost.

Favorite DC Superheroes (in no particular order): Batman, Batgirl/Oracle (Barbara Gordon), Zatanna, The Flash (Barry Allen), Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Black Canary, Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Shazam.

Well that puts the MJ and Tony are siblings theory to rest.
    Favorite Marvel Superheroes (in no particular order): Spider-Man (Peter Parker), Hawkeye (Clint Barton), Wolverine (Logan), Daredevil, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan), Black Bolt, Deadpool, Spider-Woman (Jessica Drew), The Thing, Cyclops, Emma Frost.

Favorite DC Superheroes (in no particular order): Batman, Batgirl/Oracle (Barbara Gordon), Zatanna, The Flash (Barry Allen), Green Lantern (Hal Jordan), Black Canary, Nightwing, Wonder Woman, Green Arrow, Shazam.

Quote Originally Posted by wwise03 View Post

Until the event is finished and then Marquez will resume focusing on Iron Man.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Until the event is finished and then Marquez will resume focusing on Iron Man.
    I know, right? It isn't a forever switch, he's just moving over to another Bendis-written book that front-lines Iron Man for a few months, then returning to Iron Man after it is completed.

I think Bendis is gonna knock this out of the park. I think he knows that AoU was underwhelming in most people's eyes and he knows how big of a deal a new Civil War is. Excited to see Marquez and Ponsor make their eye candy for an event book too!