Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Neun View Post
    Exactly why I can't take the revolution seriously.

And I still don't/can't believe Maria Hill would easily let someone scan her thoughts. Just... no.
    She's probably using those implants from Secret Avengers to hide all her juicy secrets.
    It's probably easy to pass a telepathic scan when you don't actually remember the information the telepath is looking for. Also you keep all your other secrets under lock and key as well.
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. OpticDreams
    She was obviously making the first move in letting Cyke know what she wanted.
    I may have to go back and read that issue again to see what I missed because her actions certainly didn't strike me that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    She has come to accept Hillclops as her ultimate mission.
    Oh, heavens, no.

acykeforsoreeyes

I had to come out of lurking because I couldn't take this anymore.

fod, Mike did not criticize Omega's writing. That was actually Omega's comments that Mike was quoting (rather poorly). Mike can't explain himself very well because maybe English is not a language he's proficient in and unfortunately this is combined with the fact he can't seem to format his posts properly hence why this painful misunderstanding went on for longer than it should have. Is everyone now clear on this situation?

*goes back into lurk mode*

Quote Originally Posted by anthony_lynch15 View Post
    She's probably using those implants from Secret Avengers to hide all her juicy secrets.
    It's probably easy to pass a telepathic scan when you don't actually remember the information the telepath is looking for. Also you keep all your other secrets under lock and key as well.
    Eh. The implants in SA were solely used for undercover missions.

BANNED

Everyone knows Beast loves making killer robots.

Wrong Hank, that's Hank Pym. He created The Vision and Ultron.

I think anyone can use Cerebro at this point and Beast seems to be the guy who is creating the Cerebro (Cerebra) technology.

Cerebro/Cerebra needs a telepath to work. Since when did we not need a telepath to work that machine. There has never been a time that has worked that way. Even the JGS uses the classic Cerebro/Cerebra method. This is another Bendis continuity flub.

1. The Time Machine used to bring the O5 to the present can't create alternate realities.
    2. Cerebra/Cerebro needs a skilled telepath to work.
    3. Scott is using a magic Cerebra/Cerebro machine "created by Beast" that until now has no basis in X-Men continuity.
    4. If Beast did invent the Magic Cerebra/Cerebro, then why does the JGS only use the classic Cerebra/Cerebro instead of Beast's new magic version?
    5. Beast has a doctorate in Biochemistry. HE ISN'T AN ENGINEER. Those are entirely two different fields. That means he should have no idea how to create weapons or weaponized robots.

Unfortunately Beast's hatred of Cyclops is so strong and Scott's friendship with Hank so tattered that you can understand why he might accuse Hank.
    We might know (think) that Hank wouldn't do it, but it's not unreasonable that Scott might suspect Hank.
    He does seem to have the means, motive and opportunity.
    They both are so broken that neither can admit to themselves they both are acting like fools.

That said, Scott hasn't earned the right to go accusing Hank any more than Hank has the right to be treating Scott the way he is.
    Their giant egos are just stirring up crap for everyone around them
    Amen to that.
    Last edited by fod_xp; 06-16-2014 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fod_xp View Post
    That said, Scott hasn't earned the right to go accusing Hank any more than Hank has the right to be treating Scott the way he is.
    Their giant egos are just stirring up crap for everyone around them
    [/QUOTE]
    If Abigail were to agree to a threesome, I think it would solve everything tbh.
    Interesting Fact: Cyclops runs the X-Office.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    If Abigail were to agree to a threesome, I think it would solve everything tbh.
    Scott's not into threesomes with Hank. Sucks for Hank. ;P
    NO3some.jpg
    Last edited by fod_xp; 06-16-2014 at 05:36 PM.

Fantastic Member

I think what made X-Men DOFP so great is that we saw the X-Men as a united family with Xavier again and the movie had a happy ending. That hardly exists in the comics, and things look absolutely hopeless, with little to no unity whatsoever.

And you can all alert the mods now. Majin OAW has returned.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Majin_O.A.W. View Post
    I think what made X-Men DOFP so great is that we saw the X-Men as a united family with Xavier again and the movie had a happy ending. That hardly exists in the comics, and things look absolutely hopeless, with little to no unity whatsoever.

And you can all alert the mods now. Majin OAW has returned.
    With your return, I feel the X-Men may become united again!!!!

It's the Marvel Universe, proof is a trivial technicality!
    Superheroes (and revolutionaries) have no time for such luxuries.
    Well, there is that, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    And since when that is something new, after all, that was the reason of AvX.

Where i live we have a saying for that, "you just discovered that water is wet."
    Ok, let's not start an AvX debate here, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    That and he's not choosing Hill and Beast over petty reasons like grudges. No current villain or hero at the time has shown connections to Sentinels or Cerebro tech than Hill and Beast. If he were fighting aliens, he'd probably bug Abigail. If it were mutated morlocks/marauders, He;d aim for sinister. Why this is beyond people's comprehension is astounding
    It's not the fact he's asking questions that bugs me.
    It's him making accusations on people before having any kind of proof supporting them - and no, untested hypothesis are not proofs.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesX1X View Post
    considering that beast has endangered all of space and time as well as possibly ruined the lives of five innocent children in his attacks on cyclops, i think cyclops is perfectly justified in asking beast to reveal what's on his computers.
    Oh, Beast acted as a fool with the O5, no one's denying that - especially not me.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

Quote Originally Posted by Neun View Post
    Eh. The implants in SA were solely used for undercover missions.
    SHIELD could easily be using the implants for other tasks/missions.

Personally I think that it'd be a great way to deal with a telepath.
    Hill could just mutter a trigger word to herself when she realises she might need protection from telepaths.
    Forget everything incriminating or top secret and then when the threat is over there could be an another trigger to remember everything.
    The second trigger could come from an automated system or an agent specially assigned to help her remember.

Cerebro/Cerebra needs a telepath to work. Since when did we not need a telepath to work that machine. There has never been a time that has worked that way. Even the JGS uses the classic Cerebro/Cerebra method. This is another Bendis continuity flub.

1. The Time Machine used to bring the O5 to the present can't create alternate realities.
    2. Cerebra/Cerebro needs a skilled telepath to work.
    3. Scott is using a magic Cerebra/Cerebro machine "created by Beast" that until now has no basis in X-Men continuity.
    4. If Beast did invent the Magic Cerebra/Cerebro, then why does the JGS only use the classic Cerebra/Cerebro instead of Beast's new magic version?
    5. Beast has a doctorate in Biochemistry. HE ISN'T AN ENGINEER. Those are entirely two different fields. That means he should have no idea how to create weapons or weaponized robots.
    Kitty even got an alert from Cerebro in that issue with seemingly no one operating it at the time.
    Either they've got people operating it 24/7, someone just happened to be using it or it can still detect some mutants without a telepath operating it.
    Maybe they stuck poor Martha in it. Haven't seen her in a while.

PS. Hasn't Hank been building tech for years?

BANNED

Kitty even got an alert from Cerebro in that issue with seemingly no one operating it at the time.
    Either they've got people operating it 24/7, someone just happened to be using it or it can still detect some mutants without a telepath operating it.
    Someone needs to operate Cerebro/Cerebra for it to track mutants, contact people in the field, and even be on. So getting messages from Cerebra/Cerebro means some on is running the machine.

Cerebro/Cerebra works with a telepath's X-Gene, so a mutant is required to operate the machine. A computer program doesn't have one. Secondly, if Hank can do that, then anyone can make a Cerebra/Cerebro machine. Just get a copy of the program and bam, you have your very own Cerebra/Cerebro.
    Maybe they stuck poor Martha in it. Haven't seen her in a while.
    In Latour's WatX, they have Martha operating the Cerebra/Cerebro at the JGS. JGS has both Martha and Rachel.

Back during the united days, they had the Cuckoos running the thing day and night, with Emma only taking the helm for important situations.

The Cuckoos aren't running the unit with Scott. Emma's current condition prohibits her from using it properly, but the Cuckoos could totally run it. So...why doesn't Bendis show the Cuckoos running the Xavier's School Cerebra/Cerebro.

PS. Hasn't Hank been building tech for years?
    Yes, and you have no idea how much that has bugged me. His diploma doesn't really cover machinery, advanced computer technology, engineering, and building bleeding edge jet aircraft. Some of those skills can be acquired and learned, but it would take decades, while some of those are completely different fields of study and experience.

In other words, writers are being lazy. It's why I liked Warren Ellis, Grant Morrison, and Kieron Gillen's respective Hank McCoys. They all wrote him accurately character-wise, yes, but they also acknowledged the limitations of his field of study, and he doesn't automatically have all these skills because he went to University and has a Ph.D. in Biochemistry. Higher Education makes you specialized in a certain field, not a "jack of all trades," and most writers don't get that or are too lazy to care.

Quote Originally Posted by People Of The Earth View Post
    It's not the fact he's asking questions that bugs me.
    It's him making accusations on people before having any kind of proof supporting them - and no, untested hypothesis are not proofs.
    He has some pretty good evidence SHIELD has SEENTINEL for use against mutants, that makes the villians no matter if they are behind the other Sentinels or not, It also makes them the priome suspect for the other s Sentinels espeicl when combined with SHIELD murderous incompetence and it's proclivity for being infiltrated/run by villians

Someone needs to operate Cerebro/Cerebra for it to track mutants, contact people in the field, and even be on. So getting messages from Cerebra/Cerebro means some on is running the machine.

Cerebro/Cerebra works with a telepath's X-Gene, so a mutant is required to operate the machine. A computer program doesn't have one.
    I know how Cerebro is supposed to work, unfortunately it seems to be written differently lately.
    Hopefully they have a wallpaper telepath in there to explain it away.

Secondly, if Hank can do that, then anyone can make a Cerebra/Cerebro machine. Just get a copy of the program and bam, you have your very own Cerebra/Cerebro.
    Maybe this new Cerebro program is how bubble head is doing the tracking?
    Either that or he is tapped in to Cerebro itself?

In Latour's WatX, they have Martha operating the Cerebra/Cerebro at the JGS. JGS has both Martha and Rachel.

Back during the united days, they had the Cuckoos running the thing day and night, with Emma only taking the helm for important situations.

The Cuckoos aren't running the unit with Scott. Emma's current condition prohibits her from using it properly, but the Cuckoos could totally run it. So...why doesn't Bendis show the Cuckoos running the Xavier's School Cerebra/Cerebro.
    Maybe Bendis doesn't realise or care that it needs a telepath.
    Best just to stick with head canon that there is an unnamed telepath manning the Cerbreos until we're told otherwise.

Yes, and you have no idea how much that has bugged me. His diploma doesn't really cover machinery, advanced computer technology, engineering, and building bleeding edge jet aircraft. Some of those skills can be acquired and learned, but it would take decades, while some of those are completely different fields of study and experience.

In other words, writers are being lazy. It's why I liked Warren Ellis, Grant Morrison, and Kieron Gillen's respective Hank McCoys. They all wrote him accurately character-wise, yes, but they also acknowledged the limitations of his field of study, and he doesn't automatically have all these skills because he went to University and has a Ph.D. in Biochemistry. Higher Education makes you specialized in a certain field, not a "jack of all trades," and most writers don't get that or are too lazy to care.
    Hank is a comic book genius.
    I have no problem with him doing all this tech stuff.
    As much as I enjoy characters like Forge and Madison Jeffries I've always enjoyed the fact that Hank brings intellect, wit and his fighting skills to the table in a one character package.
    Last edited by anthony_lynch15; 06-17-2014 at 01:47 AM.