Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Justice League: Darkseid War: Batman #1

"As the Darkseid War rages on, Batman's role in Gotham City-and the world-alters drastically as he's forced to accept his new role as a God of Knowledge."

Full preview here.

I posted this in the other thread about this that CBR created over under the general DC Comics section (PREVIEW: Gordon Confronts the Dark Knight in "Justice League: Darkseid War: Batman"), but I'll post it here as well:
    "Wonderful . . . the preview pages seem out of order, and the writing seemed pretty over-done. (Then I saw who wrote it, and that explained the problem.)

I have been avoiding the JL book for the past three years, but I was curious about this with the Bat-focus and Jim Gordon, but I'll be passing on it now. (And I'm getting flashbacks to Forever Evil: Arkham War and Forever Evil Aftermath: Batman vs. Bane, unfortunately.)
    "

I liked the preview. Not overdone at all. It's out of sequence but I think I get the gist of it. I like the idea that Batman is taking down criminals before they commit the crime. Not an original concept but creates the necessary conflict for a one-shot. I get that Batman claims to know everything now but he's still humanly flawed. That will be his downfall. He is still imprisoned by his myopic approach to good and evil and Gordon makes very compelling arguments against it.
    I'm convinced that most people, who hate on a comic, never read said comic.

Good preview. I'm looking forward to this, even if it is exceedingly detached from the current continuity of the Batman comics. That's never stopped me from enjoying an event from Geoff Johns before. I don't see any reason why that would change now.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I posted this in the other thread about this that CBR created over under the general DC Comics section (PREVIEW: Gordon Confronts the Dark Knight in "Justice League: Darkseid War: Batman"), but I'll post it here as well:
    "Wonderful . . . the preview pages seem out of order, and the writing seemed pretty over-done. (Then I saw who wrote it, and that explained the problem.)

I have been avoiding the JL book for the past three years, but I was curious about this with the Bat-focus and Jim Gordon, but I'll be passing on it now. (And I'm getting flashbacks to Forever Evil: Arkham War and Forever Evil Aftermath: Batman vs. Bane, unfortunately.)
    "
    Ah ah ah, it was the same here!

BANNED

Minority Report

So this is before or after Jim Gordon Batman? Same Earth right? Won't change me possibly reading it but just checking.

The thing I don't like is Bruce one again is made into an Arrogant A-Hole who does not reflect on what has happened to make a better decision which is what he trained himself to do. Human's being corrupted by power is a Tired trope and if all he ends up doing with a Chair with near Infinite Knowledge is stop crime before someone has caused it then that is perfect reason why continuity and crossovers put handcuffs on storytelling. I like this story arc but all this talk of the 5th world means nothing because it must return to the status quo. A 5th world weekly or 2 to 4 monthly books will be perfect for allowing a big Universe spanning epic on the world after the New Gods.

Quote Originally Posted by TacoKid View Post
    So this is before or after Jim Gordon Batman? Same Earth right? Won't change me possibly reading it but just checking.
    I don't think DC knows / cares anymore.

But I would guess before is more likely; if Jim could add his insight after being the substitute Batman, it might have come into play with his arguments.

so Batman becomes a good with all the knowledge in the world and he goes back to protecting Gotham city just like before..................dare to dream
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by TacoKid View Post
    Continuity has pretty much been ignored all throughout the New 52 over on Justice League. I don't really mind it because it allows for solid storytelling on that book. If I had to place Darkseid War, this preview alone seems to imply it comes before Superheavy. I think Gordon's dialogue would clearly reflect that he himself has been Batman for awhile and it definitely doesn't.

I'm excited for this issue. Minority Report Batman is such an *******.

Quote Originally Posted by taylortexas View Post
    I'm excited for this issue. Minority Report Batman is such an *******.
    As compared to regular Batman, who's more Care Bear-like?

I think I'll check this out. Seems good.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

If he's a "God of Knowledge", shouldn't he know the courts won't be able to do anything with / to people he arrests because they're going to commit crimes unless he has solid proof beyond "because I said so"?

Wow, Batman became a real know it all...