Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Baba3231 View Post
    Flash can't put her down. Flight is a huge advantage. One punch from her would be enough. He's not too fast for her because he's been shown to be consistently tagged by those slower than him. We have a winner, ring the bell.
    So you're saying that all the times comic Barry and Wally have been tagged by the likes of Deathstroke, that should mean they aren't that fast despite outside feats saying otherwise yes?

Anyway, Barry's Supersonic punch should be able to hurt her just fine as she hasn't shown to be anymore durable than the one guy he floored with it. And he doesn't always break his hand by using it, as evident by him connecting with Grodds palm and being just fine afterwards.

Combined that with what Holacik pointed out, then SG doesn't have the durability to take Barry's attacks. And she would be like a statue to the guy.

Now granted, it is hard to say how fast Barry is atm. At the end of season 1 you have soon to be killer Frost saying he never reached mach 2 before, despite the fact that he has a ton of speed feats beforehand that put him well above mach 2. Then there is the fact that, during that same episode, he had to run up to the speed of light in order to go back into a certain part of time. So her saying that was hilarious as right after he breached mach 2, he soon accelerated to the speed of light within seconds.

Could be as fast as DoFP Quicksilver now really, but that is a debate left for a different thread all together. Atm though he is fast enough that Kara, who isn't even a bullet timer yet, would be like a statue to him. So her being able to fly means jack when he could hit her with lightning and a couple supersonic punches before she could process a thought.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Fantastic Member MorphyVSFischer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Let's all be real here. When we say that Flash was tagged by slower guys, we can all accept that as massive PIS.
    The thing is it's way, way to consistent to be PIS, and it's been basically established in the first season the Flash was kinda shit at fighting. He's certainly improved in the second season however.

Fantastic Member MorphyVSFischer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Anyway, Barry's Supersonic punch should be able to hurt her just fine as she hasn't shown to be anymore durable than the one guy he floored with it. And he doesn't always break his hand by using it, as evident by him connecting with Grodds palm and being just fine afterwards.
    Really? I don't remember that guy doing anything on her level but I haven't seen the episode in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by MorphyVSFischer View Post
    Really? I don't remember that guy doing anything on her level but I haven't seen the episode in a while.
    Kara doesn't have that great of durability feats at this time. Not much better than the Colossus wannabe anyway.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by MorphyVSFischer View Post
    The thing is it's way, way to consistent to be PIS, and it's been basically established in the first season the Flash was kinda shit at fighting. He's certainly improved in the second season however.
    Things like this happen in the comics as well. It's one of the downsides to having a character that's superfast; it's hard to build a good story around him so PIS is a must. Him being bad at fighting is irrelevant.

Kara doesn't have that great of durability feats at this time. Not much better than the Colossus wannabe anyway.
    I don't know. I don't see that guy just tanking a semi running into her full force and just stand there like nothing happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Things like this happen in the comics as well. It's one of the downsides to having a character that's superfast; it's hard to build a good story around him so PIS is a must. Him being bad at fighting is irrelevant.
    Exactly. Otherwise there really isn't any excuse whatsoever for Wally not stopping every crime in Gotham, Central City, BludHaven, Starling City, Metropolis, and basically everywhere on the planet, in less than a second a few times a day. It just be very boring if he did.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    I don't know. I don't see that guy just tanking a semi running into her full force and just stand there like nothing happened.
    Forgot about that. Still, with the collateral damage that the Supersonic punch caused; it should hurt her quite a bit. And he has 2 hands so he can easily do it twice should he break his hand. Then there is the lightning.

All the while Supergirl isn't even as fast as a street leveller as of yet. Barry would literally have all the time in the world to deal with her.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Fun fact btw: Supergirl may or may not end up taking place in the same universe as the Green Arrow and the Flash. It's created by the same guy who created Green Arrow, Vixen, Gotham(which most likely doesn't take place in the same verse as Green Arrow and such according to him, he isn't so sure yet), the Flash and...almost all of the live action DC shows thus far really. And he would like to bring SG into the arrowverse. The head of CTV thinks it's a great idea as well and is all for it. The only one who isn't is the head of Global. She finally caved in a bit and is up for promotional collaboration between SG, Flash, and Green Arrow. But still isn't too keen on letting SG be in the same universe as the Flash and GA just yet. In other words she hates money I guess because there really isn't much downside into letting SG be in the same universe as GA and the Flash. Now she did say that they were keeping SG to themselves at this time, so that may change in the future. But the fact that she was against it at all doesn't make much sense.

Hopefully she comes to her senses soon.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Fun fact btw: Supergirl may or may not end up taking place in the same universe as the Green Arrow and the Flash. It's created by the same guy who created Green Arrow, Vixen, Gotham(which most likely doesn't take place in the same verse as Green Arrow and such according to him, he isn't so sure yet), the Flash and...almost all of the live action DC shows thus far really. And he would like to bring SG into the arrowverse. The head of CTV thinks it's a great idea as well and is all for it. The only one who isn't is the head of Global. She finally caved in a bit and is up for promotional collaboration between SG, Flash, and Green Arrow. But still isn't too keen on letting SG be in the same universe as the Flash and GA just yet. In other words she hates money I guess because there really isn't much downside into letting SG be in the same universe as GA and the Flash. Now she did say that they were keeping SG to themselves at this time, so that may change in the future. But the fact that she was against it at all doesn't make much sense.

Hopefully she comes to her senses soon.
    That would be pretty cool. There are not many series' where they are interconnected. I always enjoy when Barry and Oliver get together.

Forgot about that. Still, with the collateral damage that the Supersonic punch caused; it should hurt her quite a bit. And he has 2 hands so he can easily do it twice should he break his hand. Then there is the lightning.

All the while Supergirl isn't even as fast as a street leveller as of yet. Barry would literally have all the time in the world to deal with her.
    I can see that. And I partially posted this becasue I didn't want my post count to be at 666.

Mighty Member

Um, no. Vartox is vastly above Girder in strength and durability. He threw Kara hundreds of feet from inside a building to the outside. Then he jumped from where he had thrown Kara and landed on her. Following that, he leapt away from the DEO's attack helicopter and got away. Then, when Supergirl and Vartox fought again, the pavement was actually getting pretty messed up. They were hitting each other hard enough to create trenches and craters. Finally, both pretty much tanked Vartox's ax exploding. Vartox only died because he used his weapon to kill himself.

The only thing that's happening when Barry does a supersonic punch is he's breaking his hand on Supergirl's face. She's already way beyond Girder's durability. The lightning attack might work, but Barry hasn't demonstrated that he can hit someone who isn't standing still, much less someone who can fly at a decent speed. Supergirl on the other hand can take to the sky and tire Flash out by making him work to avoid her heat vision. I see her taking the majority of fights, even at this early stage of her show.

Quote Originally Posted by Basara View Post
    The only thing that's happening when Barry does a supersonic punch is he's breaking his hand on Supergirl's face.
    And flooring her due to it being far more powerful than any of Vartox's hits due to it's effect on someone like Girder and the collateral damage it shown. It may not ko her, but she doesn't want to take them. And I already pointed out how he would not be breaking his hand.

The lightning attack might work, but Barry hasn't demonstrated that he can hit someone who isn't standing still, much less someone who can fly at a decent speed. Supergirl on the other hand can take to the sky and tire Flash out by making him work to avoid her heat vision. I see her taking the majority of fights, even at this early stage of her show.
    She has zero feats in speed that say she would do any of this. Atm she isn't even as fast as a Street Leveller. To Barry? She is a statue. And he is going to have more than enough time to hit her with those attacks a hundred times over before she is capable of processing a thought, as I have pointed out already.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral

Why are people acting as though Barry can spam either Sonic Punch or Lightning throw? Both of these things require running around to build up speed or ....his speed force lightning.

Barry cannot use either of these before Kara moves, and definitely not before she "processes a thought".

Really this turns into a long match (with no PIS) but eventually barry tires out and gets smeared. His stamina is not fantastic as shown by the trickster's speed bomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluekey View Post
    Why are people acting as though Barry can spam either Sonic Punch or Lightning throw? Both of these things require running around to build up speed or ....his speed force lightning.

Barry cannot use either of these before Kara moves, and definitely not before she "processes a thought".
    Except that is exactly how it would be and until you provide any feats of Super girls speed that says otherwise, you are basing this on literally nothing at all.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    ^-my referral