Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I concede to everything but this:

I forgot about him having to slow down for the lightning attack, so I concede that point. But anyone moving at the speed of sound is going to make someone whose reactions aren't even on Green Arrow's level look like a statue. Even if he has to get a running start, moving at the speed of sound isn't something one with normal reactions could avoid. A bullet timer? Sure, but Kara would be a statue to any CBPH atm so...She isn't dodging it.

It probably wouldn't hurt her much though as you and others have pointed out so I concede that point. But she isn't dodging it.

I think she could definitely dodge it seeing as how the sand guy and Jay Garrick could see what was going on and even commenting on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    Pretty sure you and I could react to that axe swing too. We would be royally screwed and incapable of stopping it obviously.

You were saying?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post

You were saying?
    ? Aizen stopped Ichigo's sword because he was a lot more powerful than him, both of them are stupidly faster than the characters in this topic..and that has nothing to do with a guy with zero speed feats swinging an axe.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I can't seem to be entertained by many of the fights (and there are many) precisely for this reason, where even Reverse-Flash gets tagged twice by Arrow. So it's how this particular Flash fights.

And as for Girder, that was just one guy with two powers (strength and durability). The plane feat alone puts Kara far above him (a plane landing on you, even in water, is a powerful force), though I suppose props go to Barry for breaking his hand and then willingly breaks his hand again to take down Girder.
    Same here. I don't find the fights dramatic or exciting at all with very rare exceptions because, in typical Flash fashion, they depend on the Flash either forgetting his speed altogether or drastically slowing it down and forgetting it includes reaction time so he doesn't have to already be moving fast.

I understand the attempt at the clever way to win but, in most cases, it only reinforces that he could blitz them before they could even think.

The standouts were the Flash versus Cold and Heatwave fight and the Arrow fight, both of which he would have won in an instant with everybody operating at full abilities.

On the fairness side, the problem may be unavoidable for purposes of the entertainment of the average viewer and it's not like the show invented the concept. It just continues the tradition.

Luckily, the show has far too much going for it to get too down on it for the contrived fights.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Slade1 View Post
    Agreed on all counts but I think Thawne only got tagged by Oliver when his speed was compromised.
    His speed was compromised *because* Oliver tagged him. But Thawne shook off the toxin and resumed battling Barry at their usual speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    Same here. I don't find the fights dramatic or exciting at all with very rare exceptions because, in typical Flash fashion, they depend on the Flash either forgetting his speed altogether or drastically slowing it down and forgetting it includes reaction time so he doesn't have to already be moving fast.

I understand the attempt at the clever way to win but, in most cases, it only reinforces that he could blitz them before they could even think.

The standouts were the Flash versus Cold and Heatwave fight and the Arrow fight, both of which he would have won in an instant with everybody operating at full abilities.

On the fairness side, the problem may be unavoidable for purposes of the entertainment of the average viewer and it's not like the show invented the concept. It just continues the tradition.

Luckily, the show has far too much going for it to get too down on it for the contrived fights.
    Yeah. I'll still watch the show for plot developments. There've been a couple times where I dozed off right before the final fight, woke up, and everything was okay and/or they all explained enough that I didn't need to rewind to watch the fight.
    Last edited by Cyke; 10-30-2015 at 07:48 AM.

Let's not even get into the Vixen Cartoon, where Barry was trying as hard as hell to keep up with Mari, who in turn tried to get away as hard as hell, and Oliver was still somehow able to stay in shooting range.

The guy does have some kind of Jobber Aura towards him, there's no denying.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Let's not even get into the Vixen Cartoon, where Barry was trying as hard as hell to keep up with Mari, who in turn tried to get away as hard as hell, and Oliver was still somehow able to stay in shooting range.

The guy does have some kind of Jobber Aura towards him, there's no denying.
    Oh, that's just the Jobber aura that all Comic Book Peak Humans have. I think it's in their contracts.
    Power with Girl is better.

Mighty Member

does anybody know what kind of aircraft does Supergirl rescues? most airliners weigh about 500,000 pounds or so. depending on it's location in the flight plan it could traveling about 550 mph, or in a landing approach as slow as 160 mph. guess you could use that as a frame of reference for how strong she is in comparison to Girder. if the aircraft is really low (building heights) then it's probably on the lower end of the speed range.

I haven't watched the episode and only saw the trailer once.

I'd like to see a foot race in a future crossover episode. And they should go out on at least one date.

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    does anybody know what kind of aircraft does Supergirl rescues? most airliners weigh about 500,000 pounds or so. depending on it's location in the flight plan it could traveling about 550 mph, or in a landing approach as slow as 160 mph. guess you could use that as a frame of reference for how strong she is in comparison to Girder. if the aircraft is really low (building heights) then it's probably on the lower end of the speed range.

I haven't watched the episode and only saw the trailer once.
    I watched the episode. It doesn't really specify, but here's the clip.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Mighty Member

hmm, I'm really rusty on my aircraft but it looks like an Airbus-type. maybe a 380? the speed for a landing approach would start around 200 mph and get reduced to maybe 160 afterwards. less weight overall, around 380k. although she's certainly strong, in this case the lift of the aircraft is helping her a little bit... and since two of the four engines are working you can't really use this as a pure strength feat. but it obviously means that she's strong enough to hold up 380,000 pound passenger aircraft against the force of gravity and guide it down to a rough belly-landing. eh, now that I think of it... if two of the four engines are out they might be trading lift for speed to control the plane, so 200-250 mph might be a better guess... based on my limited real-world knowledge, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    hmm, I'm really rusty on my aircraft but it looks like an Airbus-type. maybe a 380? the speed for a landing approach would start around 200 mph and get reduced to maybe 160 afterwards. less weight overall, around 380k. although she's certainly strong, in this case the lift of the aircraft is helping her a little bit... and since two of the four engines are working you can't really use this as a pure strength feat. but it obviously means that she's strong enough to hold up 380,000 pound passenger aircraft against the force of gravity and guide it down to a rough belly-landing. eh, now that I think of it... if two of the four engines are out they might be trading lift for speed to control the plane, so 200-250 mph might be a better guess... based on my limited real-world knowledge, of course.
    It's a good start I'd say. I imagine something like that would be hard to grip and guide properly even with the two engines helping. Not to mention turning it enough to get through a bridge like that. Not only are you using strength, but you're also exerting enough force to pretty much make the plane move the way you want to, all without tearing the thing apart.

Eh, I really hope I'm wording that right. I think I'm getting my point across though.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Having seen the pilot yesterday, I say that Barry KOs himself trying to escape her terrible narration.

Watching episode 2 now.
    spoilers:

We've got her breaking the sound barrier with her flight speed and dodging missiles while flying now. We've got super breath now too and her managing to grab and move an oil ship, a little bit, though she broke a chunk off of it. Whoops.
    For durability, we have Kara taking hits from another kryptonian and managing to match her in a heat vision fight.
    Kara has got some speed now. Plus, Super Judo.
    end of spoilers
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator