Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

See, it's a good sequence but... if Barry is fast enough to make a hundred concurrent afterimages, then he's fast enough to blitz Light to holy hell without even trying.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    See, it's a good sequence but... if Barry is fast enough to make a hundred concurrent afterimages, then he's fast enough to blitz Light to holy hell without even trying.
    she has the same powers as cold and heatwave.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Hey man, congrats on getting up to 1,000 again!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    What I don't get is why Light went back to pointlessly blasting at Wally's afterimages one at a time when she already knew that an omnidirectional attack solve that particular nuisance just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
    What I don't get is why Light went back to pointlessly blasting at Wally's afterimages one at a time when she already knew that an omnidirectional attack solve that particular nuisance just fine.
    WHOA. I missed a lot.

Why couldn't he just outright blitz her even without creating mirages? It isn't like he isn't fast enough to do so. This entire "I can't beat the person with a gun who I am obviously faster than" makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Watching episode 2 now.
    spoilers:

We've got her breaking the sound barrier with her flight speed and dodging missiles while flying now. We've got super breath now too and her managing to grab and move an oil ship, a little bit, though she broke a chunk off of it. Whoops.
    For durability, we have Kara taking hits from another kryptonian and managing to match her in a heat vision fight.
    Kara has got some speed now. Plus, Super Judo.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    For Kara, I'd limit it to travel speed for now. Auntie Astra on the other hand, has that feat where she explicitly grabs Henshaw at super-speed, so I'd definitely go with her having superhuman reflexes.
    end of spoilers

As for Flash, repeat after me: Barry's an idiot, Barry's an idiot, Barry's an idiot... I would like to see them do, in a future crossover, a remake of that Superman/Batman arc where Superman's powers get transferred to Batman (and Clark gets at least some of Bruce's strategic and tactical skills), except, y'know, with Ollie and Barry.
    Last edited by FrenchGemini; 11-05-2015 at 12:32 AM.

Astonishing Member

The Arrow/Flash tv universe is now swimming in PIS. The afterimage trick was ridiculous. If you are fast enough to do that, you could just run up to Light and punch her lights out. Or you could pick up a piece of something and hurl it at her (and through her).

Arrow is in the same PIS with all the bad guys with full auto guns being unable to shoot some on a close in motorcycle.

Of course, we all know the speed blitz rules against most normal speed opponents. That why we get speed equalized posts.

Yep. I also was wondering why Barry couldn't just blitz DL after seeing that part.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Of course, we all know the speed blitz rules against most normal speed opponents. That why we get speed equalized posts.
    When Hercules: The Legendary Journeys can figure it out and effectively display it, one would think that fifteen years later they'd be able to do the same on The Flash.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    When Hercules: The Legendary Journeys can figure it out and effectively display it, one would think that fifteen years later they'd be able to do the same on The Flash.
    You're referring to the time he went to Ireland right? Favourite moment of the series imo. Haven't seen it since I was a kid, but still; it was new, unique, Hercules had a new power, etc. It was just....great.

Also made me love the female Irish accent.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Yes, that one. And they demonstrated the effect of speed in a fight marvellously well with a 'meh' budget and fifteen year-old special effects, during the fight between Hercules and Morrigan. And obviously comprehended it.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I posted this in Sharps Bar, but I think it is more fitting here and I'll probably have a better chance in getting an answer.

Right so just how fast is Barry supposed to be on the forum atm? At the end of Season 1 he reached the speed of light, despite the fact that Ms. Frost stated Barry never reached mach 2.....despite the fact that he had previous showings that chalked him up at being far faster than mach 2. Then Jay comes in and mentor's Barry a bit. He said that he could run at the speed of light. In the recent ep, both he, and Wells, said that Barry was faster than Jay ever was. Meaning that Barry is faster than light since Jay could run at the speed of light.

Yet in that very same ep that both Jay, and Wells, said Barry was faster than Jay ever was, we see Barry barely catching a few bullets shot at Wells, when by rights, to him they should look even slower than they do in this.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

His greatest feats are probably near-light, but his consistent level is somewhere in the Multi-Machs.

And yeah, the Mach 2 comment was bullshit, another instance of writers failing at math/common sense.

Barry can BUILD up to light, but not hit it right away.

Right away, given his casual/late bullet grabbing on a consistent basis to the point of them touching him when he's not looking and him reacting from that, having whole conversations while someone else is still, and random other feats, he's in the tens or more of machs in reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Yes, that one. And they demonstrated the effect of speed in a fight marvellously well with a 'meh' budget and fifteen year-old special effects, during the fight between Hercules and Morrigan. And obviously comprehended it.
    https://youtu.be/b7dPiC2PjCY?t=746