Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Nets have waived Joe Johnson, marking the end of one of the worst contracts in NBA history
    Doesnt Arenas still hold the record for worst contract.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Nets have waived Joe Johnson, marking the end of one of the worst contracts in NBA history
    Good riddance. This is still his contract with the Hawks, and at that time, he was the highest-paid player in the league (even higher than Kobe's contract per year)!

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    wonder who he signs with
    If he can play defense, he can help lots of teams. If he can't, he's useless. I bet Cleveland or LAC picks him up. He would fit in Cleveland better since they need more scoring from the 2, and they don't need him to lock anybody down for the most part. He'd be a disaster for LAC though, having to help guard all of these fast guards and wingman in the West. When Johnson gets the ball, it stops moving. That's completely ruins chemistry from this current era of basketball. Does anybody want a worse Melo out of the 2 spot right now?

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyJeffie View Post
    Good riddance. This is still his contract with the Hawks, and at that time, he was the highest-paid player in the league (even higher than Kobe's contract per year)!
    Yeah his contract was weird and huge. It was something like the Hawks paid him 2-3 years before his contract was up, and then traded him next year to Brooklyn because Billy King is a dumbass and Brooklyn wanted to win now. That being said, it's still only money, so it wasn't a terrible move per say. Billy King then fucked up much worse when he traded an unprotected 1st rounded to Portland for Gerald Wallace, who was already starting to age (he was 29 or 30 at that time). That pick turned out to be Damien Lillard. Then King decided to go all-in and trade more picks for KG and Paul Pierce so they can get eliminated in the 1st round by the Bulls while LeBron just went to Miami.

What fucked the Nets even more aside from Billy King is the NBA owners being idiots and trying to stop the Heat during the lockout, so they put in much harsher tax penalties which limited everybody's spending powers.

I said for the last 2 years that Brooklyn is basically fucked and has to just play the seasons out since nobody was going to trade for their players and give up picks, and the entire franchise is in such a deep hole now that free agents aren't going to go there.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by byc View Post
    Yeah his contract was weird and huge. It was something like the Hawks paid him 2-3 years before his contract was up, and then traded him next year to Brooklyn because Billy King is a dumbass and Brooklyn wanted to win now. That being said, it's still only money, so it wasn't a terrible move per say. Billy King then fucked up much worse when he traded an unprotected 1st rounded to Portland for Gerald Wallace, who was already starting to age (he was 29 or 30 at that time). That pick turned out to be Damien Lillard. Then King decided to go all-in and trade more picks for KG and Paul Pierce so they can get eliminated in the 1st round by the Bulls while LeBron just went to Miami.

What fucked the Nets even more aside from Billy King is the NBA owners being idiots and trying to stop the Heat during the lockout, so they put in much harsher tax penalties which limited everybody's spending powers.

I said for the last 2 years that Brooklyn is basically fucked and has to just play the seasons out since nobody was going to trade for their players and give up picks, and the entire franchise is in such a deep hole now that free agents aren't going to go there.
    The Nets (and Derrick Williams, somehow) were under the belief (I don't remember WHY)that they had a shot at Dwight Howard. When the Nets realized that they weren't gonna even get a chance at Howard they panicked and signed Joe Johnson, of all people.

That was actually worse than doing nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    The Nets (and Derrick Williams, somehow) were under the belief (I don't remember WHY)that they had a shot at Dwight Howard. When the Nets realized that they weren't gonna even get a chance at Howard they panicked and signed Joe Johnson, of all people.

That was actually worse than doing nothing.
    I don't think it was that terrible of a move. The 2 spot in the NBA has been dwindling for a while, and Johnson was still a really good scorer, if a big of a ball hog.

I really think that Williams breaking down completely that really ruined everything. Even trading for Wallace could have been okay if Williams was fully healthy and in top form like he was in Utah.

NBA Saturday night on ABC, Steph Curry just burried the Thunder behind tying the NBA 3 point record.

Damn, what more can be said about dude this season.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

i'm beginning to think Kobe's 81 point game might be in jeopardy.

BANNED

Normally it would be tough to consider a 3 pt overtime loss to the defending champs, who've lost 5 games all season, a bad loss, but I imagine this one is going to haunt the Thunder for a while.
    Last edited by kalorama; 02-28-2016 at 09:25 AM.

Steph cut the Thunders heart out of their chests last night

All I can say in the midst of all the talk about the Warriors is that I'm glad my Celtics are playing well this season.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byc View Post

And Brook Lopez, God-given height and all, is not making the most of his opportunities.. He should start doing what Kevin Love has done back in his Wolves days - number crunch!!! Average 20p-10r a night and hope that either 1-2 superstars play with you, or you get a chance to play for a title contender by being invited on the basis of your solid 20-10 performance on a mediocre/losing team.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    All I can say in the midst of all the talk about the Warriors is that I'm glad my Celtics are playing well this season.
    The Celtics have so many underpaid players but they are #3 in the Eastern Conference. It's so amazing! I hope one ore more of Isaiah's teammates get recognized in the next season or so, or have breakout seasons worthy enough of being voted into All-Star teams (which is always part of a player's resume when they're done playing).

Quote Originally Posted by Deathstroke View Post
    They are playing extremely well. Lotta hard work and hussle. I just hope they're playing well enough to attract a couple of nice max players this summer and really compete, because sadly, the East still belongs to Cleveland.

While Cleveland does still own the East, if Danny Ainge can finally get something going with all the stockpiled draft picks the Celtics have they might finally be able to get something done that will truly make them a contender for the conference.
    Beth Hart - Fire On The Floor CD Review

Beth Hart February 23rd, 2017 Boston, MA Concert Review

"I can't complain. I got to be Jim Morrison for the first half of my life, and Ward Cleaver for the second half." - Warren Zevon.