Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    I don't think it's unfair at at all. He's unquestionably a good coach, but not every candidate is right for every job. The main reason why so many college coaches who try to make the jump to the NBA flame out is not because they don't know how to coach basketball. It's because they aren't used to/don't understand NBA culture. In college, the coach has almost unlimited power and unilateral authority over the players. In the NBA, where the players are all millionaires and the stars make twice as much as the coach and are the ones the fans pay to see, the players are the dog and the coach is the tail. In college, coaches are the CEOs. In the NBA, their project managers. The culture of European basketball that Blaltt came from is much closer to college than it is the NBA. He would have been a good fit for a young team full of still developing players whose primary need was learning how to play, perform, and act like professionals, but he just wasn't prepared for the experience of coaching an NBA star of Lebron's magnitude. It wasn't part of his skill set or background. That said, the blatant disrespect and disregard Lebron showed for Blatt was disgraceful for a player who fancies himself a "leader."
    Thanks for the insight. I see that now, as I remember Rick Pitino not being able to translate his College coaching success when he coached the Boston Celtics who already had an All-Star form Antoine Walker and rising star Paul Pierce.

God the Dubs are rolling tonight

BANNED

Tim Duncan's presence would've helped

So Blake Griffin apparently smacked an equipment staffer around and hurt his hand. Not a good look Blake.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyJeffie View Post
    Tim Duncan's presence would've helped
    Yeah, the Warriors starters might have had to play the 4th quarter, not seeing 25 minutes of Timmy worth a 30 point deficit after three quarters in a game with a pace that high, especially given the Spurs backcourt turning it over left and right.

Edit: Especially given that David West had a pretty good game all things considered in his place
    Last edited by Hiromi; 01-26-2016 at 11:58 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    So Blake Griffin apparently smacked an equipment staffer around and hurt his hand. Not a good look Blake.
    Just got an alert on my phone from Bleacher Report saying Griffin will be out 4 to 6 weeks. Not good at all for the Clips.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Just got an alert on my phone from Bleacher Report saying Griffin will be out 4 to 6 weeks. Not good at all for the Clips.
    Hope it was worth it.

BANNED

Damn even the SPURS fell against the Warriors, DYNASTY

Warriors are now off to a better start than the 95-96 Bulls

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

I think Steph is one of the transformational players. One of those types of players that might force the league to change the rules, in order to regain competitive balance. I put him the same category with guys like Shaq and Wilt. Neither of those two were the most well rounded players of their era but they were so dominant at what they did do well that it didn't matter. Curry is literally so good from distance that I think the league might have to re consider reinstating hand checking because other wise their is no defense for a guy that can launch shots from 30 and 40 feet with his speed and accuracy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    I remember watching a Playoff game of the Clips 3 years ago, where after dunking and getting fouled, Blake Griffin "forcefully shoved with a douchebag face" one of the arena staff (I think a floor cleaner).
    From that moment on, I knew that Blake is no nice guy, and probably full of shit. Goes to show now with this incident.. Why, he's already high-and-mighty as a pro player, why does he have to fight other employees?

I can only imagine how much of a douchebag Rasheed Wallace was to arena staff back then with Portland, if he threw a towel at Arvydas Sabonis (who's a co-pro player).
    Whatever happened to etiquette and respect?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    I think Steph is one of the transformational players. One of those types of players that might force the league to change the rules, in order to regain competitive balance. I put him the same category with guys like Shaq and Wilt. Neither of those two were the most well rounded players of their era but they were so dominant at what they did do well that it didn't matter. Curry is literally so good from distance that I think the league might have to re consider reinstating hand checking because other wise their is no defense for a guy that can launch shots from 30 and 40 feet with his speed and accuracy.
    I agree. Perhaps the only way to stop or control someone like Steph would be to go back to the sort of defensive "thug ball" tactics like Pat Riley used when he coached the Knicks and Heat. But since Curry does most of his damage from outside the paint, avoiding all the giants who lurk there with bad intentions in mind, I'm not sure even that would work.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyJeffie View Post
    I remember watching a Playoff game of the Clips 3 years ago, where after dunking and getting fouled, Blake Griffin "forcefully shoved with a douchebag face" one of the arena staff (I think a floor cleaner).
    From that moment on, I knew that Blake is no nice guy, and probably full of shit. Goes to show now with this incident.. Why, he's already high-and-mighty as a pro player, why does he have to fight other employees?

I can only imagine how much of a douchebag Rasheed Wallace was to arena staff back then with Portland, if he threw a towel at Arvydas Sabonis (who's a co-pro player).
    Whatever happened to etiquette and respect?
    Short and sweet, money, prestige and ego happened. Guys like Wallace and Griffin think they're god's gift to the NBA and believe things like respect and common decency are beneath their notice, if they ever noticed at all. Speaking of Griffin, I wonder if the suits at Kia Motors are rethinking their association with him as their spokesman after this incident? I wouldn't be surprised if the car company has already put the wheels in motion (pardon the pun) to dump him.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Short and sweet, money, prestige and ego happened. Guys like Wallace and Griffin think they're god's gift to the NBA and believe things like respect and common decency are beneath their notice, if they ever noticed at all. Speaking of Griffin, I wonder if the suits at Kia Motors are rethinking their association with him as their spokesman after this incident? I wouldn't be surprised if the car company has already put the wheels in motion (pardon the pun) to dump him.
    I truly hope so for Blake's victim's sake (his revenge). Cause and effect. Sins and consequences.
    This reminds me of Kobe Bryant's rape case. He was with Adidas and they terminated his endorsement contract as soon as that bad publicity came out. Turned out good, because Nike was able to pick him up after a couple of years.

If Blake's victim doesn't get justice, we need Batman (hammers of justice)!

ARTGERM_lo1.jpg

I'm sure Kia is fine. He punched somebody. He's not Ron Artest. He's never been arrested. He's never had any incidents before. He's never been considered a "bad guy" before. He's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by mathew101281 View Post
    Curry isn't there yet. He has to do this for 10 years. Shaq basically transformed a franchise by himself. Curry didn't. He still needed Thompson and Green. Shaq didn't win championships by himself, but he definitely transformed everybody from day 1. Curry didn't do that. If Curry falls off in 2 years, we'll just remember him as a better Steve Nash.