Page 21 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Damian Lillard, 20 points in the 1st Quarter (Career High)!!!!
    The Great Dame is having the all-time best season for a non-All-Star!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Detox View Post
    They are playing extremely well. Lotta hard work and hussle. I just hope they're playing well enough to attract a couple of nice max players this summer and really compete, because sadly, the East still belongs to Cleveland.
    The regular season may belong to the Cavs but, despite their record, things are far from rosy in Cleveland. There are some cracks showing, albeit just hairline fissures at this point. But under the increased pressure of the playoffs, I could seem the seams splitting open. The question is whether there's any team in the East that's good/well-positioned enough to slip through the opening.

As for the Celtics, I don't really see a legit, A-rank game-changing player opting there for free agency this summer. But Ainge has done such a nice job hording assets (good, young players on reasonable contracts, a ton of stockpiled draft picks) that they're well positioned to do a lot of horse trading/deal-making over the next couple of years, while continuing to improve in the interim.

BANNED

Speaking of the Cavs cracking, they lost to my sub-.500 Wizards by 14, after railing by as many as 30. Granted, Lebron didn't play, but still. The Wiz are below the playoff cut and have under-performed all season. Doesn't look good. What looks even worse though, is having J.R. Smith of all people call the team out for its inconsistent play afterwards. Ahhhh, irony.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kalorama View Post
    Speaking of the Cavs cracking, they lost to my sub-.500 Wizards by 14, after railing by as many as 30. Granted, Lebron didn't play, but still. The Wiz are below the playoff cut and have under-performed all season. Doesn't look good. What looks even worse though, is having J.R. Smith of all people call the team out for its inconsistent play afterwards. Ahhhh, irony.
    Cleveland sports teams always seem to find headlines on the field and off the field.
    JR Smith is 1 of the most frustrating inconsistent players.

Astonishing Member Ghost Rider TheHellfireDemon's Avatar

The clippers finally got a mascot its a condor one that looks like it's from Sesame Street.
    I don't understand why they didn't get a ship Captain which would go perfect since their name clippers means the great ships.

BANNED

The Timberwolves and Kevin Martin have completed buyout negotiations, just in time for Martin to be playoff eligible with a new team. SPurs are the leading contenders for his services.

And now the Clippers have cut the heart out the Thunder's chest

I kept telling people for 2 years that LeBron going back to Cleveland was insane because he's giving up a championship caliber team and franchise for Cleveland, where he has to shoulder even more of the burden because nobody in Cleveland knows how to play team basketball needed to win a championship.

If LeBron wasn't as great as he was, they would have never even been up 2-1 on the Warriors last year. And the injuries kind of helped them because it forced the Cavs to play grind it out basketball with tough defense (at the cost of its offense).

BANNED

I have some (grudging) admiration for Lebron for going back to Cleveland and doing everything he could to bring a title to the city. Butonce they fall short again this summer, I can't imagine him sticking around, unless Gilbert gives him full, no questions asked, carte blanche authority to pick the GM, coach, and all the players. Because it seems pretty clear that whoever's doing it now isn't capable of sealing the deal.

BANNED

I wonder how Joe Johnson can help the Miami Heat. The current Heat team reminds me now of the Pippen-era Portland Trail Blazers, where there are a lot of solid players both young and old, working towards an NBA Title run.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

My eight win Sixers lost their 12th straight tonight, dropping a 103-98 decision to Miami. A month ago, I figured it was a foregone conclusion the team would win two more games and avoid the infamy of the 1972-73 kennel, now, I'm not so sure.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by JazzyJeffie View Post
    I wonder how Joe Johnson can help the Miami Heat. The current Heat team reminds me now of the Pippen-era Portland Trail Blazers, where there are a lot of solid players both young and old, working towards an NBA Title run.
    I'm surprised he's helped Miami so far. I thought his lack of defense and old legs weren't going to add much, but they've actually needed his scoring.

It seems almost a foregone conclusion that not only will the 15-16 Golden State Warriors finish with the best record in the West and secure home-court advantage throughout the playoffs, but that they will also break the 95-96 Chicago Bulls record for single best season in NBA history.

Still think a healthy San Antonoio Spurs team can upset them tho, come playoffs.

Golden State Warriors should win it all, but they aren't unbeatable about 2 other teams in the west have a slim chance of upsetting them in the playoffs.

In the East the Cavs are the best but they are vulnerable against the raptors and the Heat. I actually give the Heat better odds over the Raptors.
    The J-man

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Golden State Warriors should win it all, but they aren't unbeatable about 2 other teams in the west have a slim chance of upsetting them in the playoffs.
    Agreed. While everyone gushes over Golden State like schoolgirls over cute guys, San Antonio is only three games behind the Warriors for best record in the league. Pop and company are lying in the weeds and waiting to strike come playoff time, if any team can take out the defending champs, it'll be the Spurs.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!