Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I saw the pilot when it leaked months ago and wasn't impressed. Not sure if I'll watch the 2nd episode or not.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    She was raised by a human family to be normal, so the job thing does not make sense!
    Do yellow sun-powered Kryptonians need to eat?

Do you expect Kara to forgo having a place to live or any possessions of her own?

These are reasons why she needs a job. Besides maybe simply just wanting one.
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 10-30-2015 at 11:04 AM.

BANNED

Double posted.
    Last edited by Star_Jammer; 10-30-2015 at 11:03 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    No need to insert race in there. Only problem is his buffness. Jimmy needs to be a dork.
    Adonis Jimmy call me James was a bit of a shock but if the writers insert some reference to his past Dorkiness and him deciding to get into shape, if they do that I'll buy into the character no problem.
    btw: if Superman suggested I move to another city where his Lady-Cousin was working, methinks I'd get into shape pretty sharpish.

Fantastic Member

She was raised by a human family to be normal, so the job thing does not make sense!

Where do you come from where it doesn't make any sense for a normally raised, adult human to have job? I might want to move there.

BANNED

The military leader doesn't trust any aliens. It doesn't matter if they say they're good. No problem there, either. Sadly, it's a quite common thing, in real life.
    So, in real life, military leaders don't trust extraterrestrials?

No need to insert race in there. Only problem is his buffness. Jimmy needs to be a dork.
    His "buffness" isn't a problem either. His teeming smugness, however, is another issue.

Yeah, Jimmy's personality will take some getting used to.

Kara is a cutie, alright.

I'm not expecting too much from this series. I'll enjoy it for what it is. I'm not familiar with her rogue's gallery so it'll be interesting to learn a few background things and see how fans react here. This is also why I enjoy Flash for what it is. Neither show has the best acting or dialogue but those things aren't the reasons to watch or not watch.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

I don't like his buffness either, but this is marketed towards teenage girls, so it's something we'll just have to deal with. The guys on such a show are generally going to look like someone you'd expect to see posing shirtless on a poster in a teenage girl's bedroom.

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZNOP View Post
    Loved every second of the Supergirl premiere...

On a side note... Anyone see the leaked pics of Melissa posted on "The Fappening"?
    Well, I certainly have now.

We only got the premiere last night. Watched it this afternoon. It's a little clichéd and forced in places but I still liked it better than I expected. I'll be sticking with this. It's good, inoffensive fun.

And Melissa Benoist is just delightful. I'm well suited there.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DennisTheMenace View Post
    Where do you come from where it doesn't make any sense for a normally raised, adult human to have job? I might want to move there.
    But she is not human, she is supergirl. No reason to have a job. And why does the DNV or whatever it is called call superman if all these villains from outer space are appearing?

too many plot holes...

Fantastic Member

But she is not human, she is supergirl. No reason to have a job.

So you're saying that she'll just get to eat and live for free because she's Supergirl? That people should just give her food, shelter, clothing, and all the other basic necessities in life just because? Or are you implying she should just take what she needs because she can? Or are you implying that she doesn't need any of these things? Please explain a little because you're not making any sense really.