Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Death vigil

Spectacular Member

Default Death vigil

well this july i'm starting a comic book series called death vigil through image and top cow... so i figured might as well make my FIRST THREAD EVER!!!!

so, what's death vigil?

a finite series , 3 arcs 8 issues each (yeah.. i know.. it kinda depends on the initial sales XD let a man hope will ya?)
    it is a seires about a group of immortals battling ancient primordial cosmic chaos and the necromancers that have aligned themselves with it.

they are the death vigil... or as one of them calls it death knights. they are not knights, James is just way tooo into gaming.
    they are lead by a mysterious woman who currently calls herself Bernardette , and is often referred to as the reaper.

fair warning...some talking animals may be involved

that...and being written by me, it may or may not be loaded with humor of both the silly and high brow kind.

FINE, OKAY! I'T S MOSTLY SILLY SHEESH!

and now for our cast of characters!
    bernie!

sam

Spectacular Member

clara

marlene and james

Spectacular Member

allistor and mia

and much more!

Spectacular Member

there will be monsters!!!

seriously...3 pics per post is a bit silly limitation XD

Spectacular Member

there will be...um... attempts of vomiting?

not really sure if that is in any way a selling point but we got it dammit!

and there will be much manliness.... questioned

bah..yknow what...
    here is the first 22 pages of issue 1 with some bonuses
    issue 1 is oversized 45pages+ so i can afford it!XD

http://nebezial.deviantart.com/art/d...iews-459273719

hope you enjoy it

should be a fun lil monthly series

so feel free to shoot me any questions that you might have.... lord knows i'm hovering these forums aimlessly as it is XD
    Last edited by nebezial; 06-09-2014 at 07:50 PM.

All-New Member

This looks great! I've recently discovered your work on Witchblade and Artifacts and have binged out on buying back issues. I plan on checking out Ravine but haven't run into a copy yet. Curious if you wrote that as well. Good luck with Death Vigil I'm looking forward to it! The art looks amazing!

BANNED

Utterly, utterly, getting this. Love your work.

Already have the first 2 issues pre-ordered.

Spectacular Member

DanTheMan- Yes, i am the main writer on Ravine too book 2 of that is about to be sent to press after some horrendous luck with putting it together. first i lost over 20 pages in a harddisk malfunction,

then ron's mother died a tragedy that also had the consequence of derailing his schedule massively so i had to wait for his final pass over my writing for a long time. but that is carrying on now...finally

Arvandor thank you very much i will try not to disappoint

Tayne Japal much appreciated. especially since preorders nowadays can make or break a book

I will definitely be picking this up. I can't wait for Book Two of Ravine either.

Thank you so much for sharing those pages with us.
    X-23|ROGUE|EMMA FROST|ARCHANGEL|RAT QUEENS|WONDER WOMAN|OYA|PIXIE|THOR|STORM

Looks good, another title added to my list. Lots of great image titles coming this summer.

Dang, this looks awesome! I didn't think I would be interested based on the vagueness of the name, but that's some gorgeous art, and it suits the humor perfectly. I'll definitely be picking this up come July.

Coincidentally, I just found out about your art recently, having seen some excellent Wonder Woman art you did. I may have referred to it as, "one of the best renditions of Wonder Woman that I’ve seen." So yeah, count me as a fan.

Spectacular Member

@beaux...yeah the title is a bit pacific rim in nature XD tells very little about it all

meanwhile... just received 200 of blank incentive covers for stores i gotta spam sketches on XD...don't even get the fun of chatting with fellow nerds like i do on conventions. 'tis a solitary job but someone has to do it
    first 10 of 200....this is a stage where this is actually fun... let's see how long that lasts XD

I saw this on your DA a few weeks ago-so awesome. I have the first issue on pre-order from TFAW. Can't wait.

Spectacular Member

death vigil, issue 2 snippet

join the vigil, get a free makeover XD (all makeovers are final and non refundable and involve white hair)