Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Death vigil

Quote Originally Posted by nebezial View Post
    should be available by tuesday i hope you like it
    Oh, wow! That was fast! Can't wait to read it. (Except, that this is the end for the foreseeable future, dammit!)

And no worries, I will still buy it both physically and digitally as well as the collected trade when it comes out. I love this series so much.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

should be available by tuesday i hope you like it
    Thanks Thanks New

More Minipreview art by Nebezial

Thanks Nebezial New

Fan art because necromancer by hattonslayden

Tomorrow

Death Vigil Vol 2 and Miniseries Cancelled
    Nebezial Twitter
    well... death vigil is dead. sales were ****. another one bites the dust as they say. i think switch will be my last try. kinda getting done
    Last edited by juan678; 12-01-2015 at 05:25 AM.

Spectacular Member

to elaborate here as some of you have followed this

it's simple, trade sales numbers have been....underwhelming XD

i have for a while now worked myself hard to detriment of my own health. i have tried keeping failing books alive when market just wasn't there. to keep them alive i have been taking on additional projects and this resulted with my health buckling under pressure

at this point i can't do this anymore. i will see how the sales of switch carry on, but if the market isn't there, i will no longer ruin myself for it.

so far of all my projects the only one that has found it's readership was sunstone. ironically that one was never meant to be a printed book. go figure XD

thing is, i am not really doing this to get rich or anything. i don't look at other comics sales numbers with envy. i just like telling stories...i'm addicted to that.
    but at the end of the day, bills must be paid, and a family must be supported, so i have to abandon my ego and move on.

don't get me wrong, if by some miracle at some point i make it big with anything, i am going back to finish this thing. hell,of all the books i'm making death vigil had a set 3 arc structure,+ a few additional fun minis. it was a finite project, but for now,it will have to remain a loose end.

as for what future might bring, who knows, my fingers are crossed.

Stjepan.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Really sorry to hear about Death Vigil, it was a cool book.

*edit

Also, Mr. Sejic, I hope the coming year is kinder to you than this one has been. Both in terms of good health and good comic book sales. I look forward to more Sunstone and Switch.
    Last edited by Shinglepants; 12-01-2015 at 07:57 AM.

to elaborate here as some of you have followed this

it's simple, trade sales numbers have been....underwhelming XD

i have for a while now worked myself hard to detriment of my own health. i have tried keeping failing books alive when market just wasn't there. to keep them alive i have been taking on additional projects and this resulted with my health buckling under pressure

at this point i can't do this anymore. i will see how the sales of switch carry on, but if the market isn't there, i will no longer ruin myself for it.

so far of all my projects the only one that has found it's readership was sunstone. ironically that one was never meant to be a printed book. go figure XD

thing is, i am not really doing this to get rich or anything. i don't look at other comics sales numbers with envy. i just like telling stories...i'm addicted to that.
    but at the end of the day, bills must be paid, and a family must be supported, so i have to abandon my ego and move on.

don't get me wrong, if by some miracle at some point i make it big with anything, i am going back to finish this thing. hell,of all the books i'm making death vigil had a set 3 arc structure,+ a few additional fun minis. it was a finite project, but for now,it will have to remain a loose end.

as for what future might bring, who knows, my fingers are crossed.

Stjepan.
    So sorry to hear this, but you've been honest about your problems, both your health and the dismal sales, all along. It's unfortunate that Death Vigil never found the larger audience it deserved.

Please take care of your health. I love your art and storytelling and will definitely follow all of your future work.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

I kept meant to buy this, but I will order it now. I hope things pick up for you.

Nebezial in Twitter
    Thanks New
    death vigil disappointment... and then... i got some messages... and more messages... a fuckton of messages....
    and then i started doing lots and lots of math....thankfully i have a great wife who is by my side... so we decided.... one last try!

next year... i will do death vigil second arc.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Nebezial in Twitter
    Thanks New
    death vigil disappointment... and then... i got some messages... and more messages... a fuckton of messages....
    and then i started doing lots and lots of math....thankfully i have a great wife who is by my side... so we decided.... one last try!

This is great news! Hopefully we fans can encourage more people to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Nebezial in Twitter
    Thanks New

He has my support.
    image Ascender, Birthright, Deadly Class, Die, Lazarus, Monstress, Nocterra, Oblivion Song, Rat Queens, Realm, Reaver, Redneck, Sweet Paprika Marvel Excalibur, Marauders, X-Force, X-Men DC Batman/Catwoman, Wonder Girl Dynamite Red Sonja, Vengeance of Vampirella Boom Dark Blood, Once & Future, Something is Killing the Children