Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Death vigil

Loved issue #1. I think Clara is going to be my favorite character. It's going to be fun to see her deal with her new.....situation. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by daningotham View Post
    Loved issue #1. I think Clara is going to be my favorite character. It's going to be fun to see her deal with her new.....situation. ;-)
    You gotta love a woman who feels like she going to miss throwing up
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by harashkupo View Post
    You gotta love a woman who feels like she going to miss throwing up
    LOL, exactly. ;-)

Neither chicken nor egg. Dizzy D's Avatar

Like I said in the other thread (and on the Classics board), really liked the first issue and eagerly looking forward to the rest of the series.

Is there any other work (writing/art) by Stjepan Šejić that's recommended? I browsed his wikipedia entry and a most of it seems coverwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy D View Post
    Like I said in the other thread (and on the Classics board), really liked the first issue and eagerly looking forward to the rest of the series.

Is there any other work (writing/art) by Stjepan Šejić that's recommended? I browsed his wikipedia entry and a most of it seems coverwork.
    You have great taste
    If you want to check out Mr. Šejić's work go to http://comicbookdb.com/creator.php?ID=8812 and his interiors are listed under Penciler. I recommend Aphrodite IX and Artifacts. In Artifacts and the beginning half of Aphrodite he painted his work and later on you'll notice the change in style which you see in Death Vigil. One of my favorite things is watching artists evolve so it adds to the enjoyment of the Aphrodite series. Hope that helps.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy D View Post

Yeah, check out Aphrodite IX. Plus the recently recently released Cyber Force/Aphrodite IX #1 crossover one shot. Also later this year I think the IXth Generation comes out which is a sequel to Aphrodite IX. And also of course Death Vigil. I heard Ravine is really good too but I haven't read it yet.

Also if you see nebezial post on these boards that is Stjepan Sejic, he likes to stop by sometimes. He actually created this thread I think.
    Last edited by daningotham; 07-17-2014 at 05:15 PM.

Aphrodite IX was amazing. I think I read the whole second volume in two days because I couldn't get enough of it. I would have read it in one, but I started it late at night and I had school. Ravine is also very good. I can't wait for the second book to come out.

I finally read Death Vigil and I was not disappointed. The art of course was gorgeous, and I already love the characters.
    X-23|ROGUE|EMMA FROST|ARCHANGEL|RAT QUEENS|WONDER WOMAN|OYA|PIXIE|THOR|STORM

I was pretty blown away by the humor and I can't wait to see the other characters. Of course I need to be careful complimenting the writing cuz he might just go full time and then we would never get his pretty pictures
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Spectacular Member

i write and draw:

ravine- epic fantasy

death vigil- epic humor loaded adventure

twitc teen witchblade epic humor loaded adventure - you can see a nice preview of that one here , it is still rough but early next year we are publishing this one http://nebezial.deviantart.com/art/j...here-468775053

and sunstone
    which is an erotic romantic comedy webcomic...that people actually...read. who knew XD

i draw: aphrodite9

and a ton of covers

aaand in case you are curious how i can make all that ...

this is what i can do in 30 minutes
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kE8...H94fDo1MQNQcOw

aaand this is what i can do in an hour and a half
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j20N...H94fDo1MQNQcOw

point is i am somewhat fast...and hyperproductive...and insane...

well 5 out of 37 voices in my head are insane, which is not all that bad in percentiles XD

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by nebezial View Post
    point is i am somewhat fast...and hyperproductive...
    A big understatement for the fastest and most productive artists in the industry right now (probably).

Anyway, really liked Death Vigil. It has good action and is quite funny. And you have a talent for drawing face expressions and a body language. You could remove most of dialogues and readers would be able to more or less guess what is told anyway.

i write and draw:

ravine- epic fantasy

twitc teen witchblade epic humor loaded adventure - you can see a nice preview of that one here , it is still rough but early next year we are publishing this one http://nebezial.deviantart.com/art/j...here-468775053

and sunstone
    which is an erotic romantic comedy webcomic...that people actually...read. who knew XD

and a ton of covers

well 5 out of 37 voices in my head are insane, which is not all that bad in percentiles XD
    Wow, Twitch looks awesome! I really hope that gets published. I have never read Witchblade before. Is Twitch a spinoff?

i write and draw:

ravine- epic fantasy

and sunstone

and a ton of covers

Well thanks a lot man. Now I have to go and look up a bunch of stuff
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

I just had a baby. This is only relevant in that there has suddenly opened up a sizeable gap between picking up comics on Wednesday and actually getting a moment to sit down and read a title.

So, I just got that moment to read Death Vigil. Fantastic! So utterly fun and beautiful. And the size of this first issue... I remember when it took a while to read a comic book. Somewhere between growing up and becoming a faster reader, comics becoming much less wordy than the stories I grew up reading in the '70s and '80s, decompression in storytelling... My friends and I joke that an average read is 2 minutes these days. But this! This! Between the sheer volume, stopping to laugh, and studying and admiring the work in each panel, I honestly don't me remember the last time I felt I got this kind of value from a single issue. And I'm not greedy, I assume that moving forward you will move to a more reasonable number of pages. Just sayin', real strong way to bring the reader in.

And monsters! Brother, you aren't kidding. Really looking forward to what cool, evil-looking beasties we may see from month to month.

Loved the characters, really like the world and the set up. The veil rippers, are those the weapons the Vigil rock? Also great. In that last panel it was great to see the variety of objects. Sad we won't see how the eye glasses were used, but it is so evocative of different ways of thinking about battling evil. And of course we see in this thread that Clara will rock a quill. Love it! Haha, and now, looking back at the cover, Clara's sour expression... This seems like it's going to be a fun ride.

I've been a big fan for a while, learned a lot from you youtube videos (thanks, man!) so I knew I was going to give this a shot. But this is going on my bloated, over budget, needs-to-be-cut-down pull list, because it understand that that's the best way to support a title and I want to see this to the end!

I've got a question that is so trivial I am almost (bot obviously not quite) too embarrassed to ask. What font do you use for the dialogue? I like it so. Much more than the one I use for my wee little efforts.

Anyway, loved it. Did I mention that? Can't wait to see what's next.

Spectacular Member

font is hush hush international from comicraft, a worthy purchase if there ever was one

meanwhile...

i just started issue 3

Spectacular Member

and congratulations of course heiro5