Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default did archie comics lie when they promised no more delays for sabrina and afterlife with archie?

seems like it.....

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

You can't promise "no more delays."

At best, it's a hope, or a commitment.

I don't care what you publish, some day, there's gonna be delays.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Is there anyway I can learn when the Megaman Hiatus will end?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    seems like it.....
    Assuming they actually said "no more delays," which I highly doubt, my guess is they didn't outright intend to lie.

More likely, they said something to the effect of they intend to put the books out on a more regular schedule. I'm sure that was, and still is, their intention. But for some reason, they aren't able to execute. It may have something to do with them laying off a bunch of their staff.

BANNED

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/19...-teases-series

“I could give you a dozen excuses, and none of them are really good. We really really wanted to launch the book at New York Comic-Con because it was close to Halloween. In retrospect, we should’ve delayed the launch to get a few issues in the can,” says Aguirre-Sacasa. “there’s no excuse, and there will never be a delay like there was been between Sabrina 1 and 2. Like, never. We are very, very lucky that we have an incredibly passionate and understanding fan base that is eager for the book.”

There is a bit of a difference between a "lie" which is told as intentional, misleading falsehood vs. promising too much when you have good intentions and not being able to deliver what you had said you would.

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    You can't promise "no more delays."

At best, it's a hope, or a commitment.

I don't care what you publish, some day, there's gonna be delays.
    Valiant hasn't had any delays since 2012... Just sayin...
    Valiant- X-O Manowar / Bloodshot Salvation / Ninja-K / Quantum and Woody! / Shadowman / Harbinger Wars II / Brittania
    DC- Justice League / Hal Jordan and the GLC / The Flash / Aquaman / Mera / Mister Miracle / Silencer / The Terrifics
    Other- The Walking Dead / Mighty Morphin Power Rangers / Go Go Power Rangers

Incredible Member

I'd heard about earlier delays on these titles, and that killed any interest from this zombie loving fan. Am I right in guessing things never improved?
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheFerg714 View Post
    Valiant hasn't had any delays since 2012... Just sayin...
    No delays or no delayed releases? Either is respectable, but it's not unreasonable for a publisher to feel that a release with the artist and writer they want, the way that it's best, is favorable compared to pinch hitters or running a just-in-case inventory story.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    There is a bit of a difference between a "lie" which is told as intentional, misleading falsehood vs. promising too much when you have good intentions and not being able to deliver what you had said you would.
    This. I dont think the creative team was lying. I think they had every intention of getting the book out on time but for one reason or another was not able to do that. Promising to much seems more correct here from what we know. Regardless of the reason though it could hurt the sales if people are unwilling to support a titles they have no idea when is coming out.

Incredible Member

Though it does sound like they broke that promise (or failed to learn their own lesson) with The Shield. That one sounds like it definitely wasn't "in the can" when they started soliciting it.
    I read Valiant Comics, and you should too!

Archer & Armstrong / Bloodshot USA / Divinity III / Faith / Generation Zero / Harbinger: Renegade / Ninjak / Savage

Anxiously awaiting: Bloodshot: Salvation / Britannia II / Harbinger Wars 2 / Psi-Lords / Secret Weapons / Shadowman / War Mother / X-O Manowar

Seriously, why aren't you reading Valiant Comics?

The writer has blown it on getting Afterlife with Archie scripts done in a timely manner. I guess Francesco has the latest one, finally, and I'm sure it's drawn, he's pretty fast.

It's a shame, though. I'l still pick it up when it comes out, but they really hurt the title with these huge delays. It's been so long I don't even remember the last time an issue came out or what was even happening.

BANNED

They'll certainly be still terrible, delay or not. Might as well crank this out.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    The writer has blown it on getting Afterlife with Archie scripts done in a timely manner. I guess Francesco has the latest one, finally, and I'm sure it's drawn, he's pretty fast.

It's a shame, though. I'l still pick it up when it comes out, but they really hurt the title with these huge delays. It's been so long I don't even remember the last time an issue came out or what was even happening.
    I thought part of the problem is that the writer for Afterlife is/was working on a project involving an Archie TV series, and that probably has the potential to be more profitable in the long term than the comic book.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/19...-teases-series

“I could give you a dozen excuses, and none of them are really good. We really really wanted to launch the book at New York Comic-Con because it was close to Halloween. In retrospect, we should’ve delayed the launch to get a few issues in the can,” says Aguirre-Sacasa. “there’s no excuse, and there will never be a delay like there was been between Sabrina 1 and 2. Like, never. We are very, very lucky that we have an incredibly passionate and understanding fan base that is eager for the book.”
    No more "delay like this" and no more delay are not the same thing.
    RAS was reffering to the delay between the first two issues of Sabrina. It was seven months.

no more seven months for sabrina is not something he broke yet.

Roberto Aguirre Sarcasa has a very different job now than what he had when he launched Afterlife. Now he has to be creative officer when Archie works on a tv show, try to do something with Dark Circle and have an ambitious relaunch of their main titles.

I assume he was sincere considering they delayed the first issue of the Shield. The thing he said should have been done with Sabrina.