Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'm preparing myself to be VERY disappointed, just like with Ender's Game.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticScholar View Post
    It looks like Jupiter Ascending. I'll see it, in the longrun, but not sure if I'll spend theater money.
    It really looks nothing like Jupiter Ascending from what they've shown. That looked like some crazy space opera take on Sailor Moon, this just kind of looks like Ghost in the Shell. Looks like maybe it might have needed more money or something, but it's kind of hard to tell from the very little they've shown. They don't even visually look alike.

Now that is one heck of a cool poster.

The outcry of "white washing" will be forgotten if the movie is a hit.

There is no way Hollywood is going to invest 100-200+US millions of dollars into a unknown franchise & fill it with stars with unknown bankability. That would be irresponsible & stupid. I want the movie to be hugely successful to spawn a Star Wars-like franchise & hopefully tap into Shirow's other IP's getting the Hollywood treatment.

Success isn't that what everyone wants for these properties? Then step off on the "good-foot" & make the best version of GITS that can possibly be made.

I think the people holding off on making "Battle Angel, Akira, Attack OT or even 1 Punch Man" are interested to see if the box-office bites on GITS.

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    The outcry of "white washing" will be forgotten if the movie is a hit.
    The reverse holds true if it also bombs.
    There is no way Hollywood is going to invest 100-200+US millions of dollars into a unknown franchise & fill it with stars with unknown bankability. That would be irresponsible & stupid.
    So when do you think the Lone Ranger, Pan, and The 13th Warrior sequels are coming out?

Success isn't that what everyone wants for these properties?
    Yes and no. I prefer they stick to the source martial as much as they can, especially when it comes to casting. Minorities, for the most part, already can't get non racial roles because of white Hollywood not allowing it, for a number of reasons. Yet when the role is suppose to go to a certain minority person for whatever reason and they still can't get it, properties be dam. I mean if they had cast Will Smith as Aragorn and Denzel Washington as Gandalf in the LotR, the out cry I think would have been worse then the new Ghostbusters movie, despite the fact both were huge stars at the time of the movies release.

I think the people holding off on making "Battle Angel, Akira, Attack OT or even 1 Punch Man" are interested to see if the box-office bites on GITS.
    I don't think James Cameron will give a dam if this movie bombs or not. His name alone can sell Battle Angel.

Some new scenes.

Actually, many new scenes.

Last edited by Killercroc357; 02-13-2017 at 04:45 AM.

Hey! I like the 13th Warrior and it was a stand alone alone movie.
    Hail Hydra!

Quote Originally Posted by Titan76 View Post
    The reverse holds true if it also bombs.

So when do you think the Lone Ranger, Pan, and The 13th Warrior sequels are coming out?

Yes and no. I prefer they stick to the source martial as much as they can, especially when it comes to casting. Minorities, for the most part, already can't get non racial roles because of white Hollywood not allowing it, for a number of reasons. Yet when the role is suppose to go to a certain minority person for whatever reason and they still can't get it, properties be dam. I mean if they had cast Will Smith as Aragorn and Denzel Washington as Gandalf in the LotR, the out cry I think would have been worse then the new Ghostbusters movie, despite the fact both were huge stars at the time of the movies release.

I don't think James Cameron will give a dam if this movie bombs or not. His name alone can sell Battle Angel.
    I have yet to make it throught the 13th son lol. Seems to have some cool visuals but the story and acting is wtf all the way around. Which is sad you got jeff bridges sounding like a dr is giving him a prostate exam every time he speaks. Hes making an equally uncomfortable face the whole movie. I didnt hate pan lol but 13th son had a great cast but none of them were good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killercroc357 View Post
    Some new scenes.

Actually, many new scenes.

Looks like it'll be at least entertaining as a pop corn film.

sigh.... they turned it into female robocop.

GINO appears again.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

looks interesting. definitely see a lot of bladerunner influences.

and nice to see the old man looking like the grizzled piece of crap we know and love.

Quote Originally Posted by Sighphi View Post
    sigh.... they turned it into female robocop.

HA! That's exactly what I was thinking.
    I'm a freedom fighter
    I drink apple cider

Fantastic Member Spiritualcramp's Avatar

I've loved every trailer I've seen the city looks amazing, and after seeing the anime it looks like they've respected enough of its influences. Let me reiterate how beautiful the sets are I haven't seen a movie look this good in a long time, some of the holographic images in the city and the scenes with the Geisha robots made my mouth drop

Thinking trainwreck along the level of Last Airbender. But hey, Scarjo in skintight clothes because why not.

Why can't we get a Black Widow movie again? At least on the calendar.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.