BANNED

Default DRUNKEN MASTER: Taekwondo VS Boxing

Like it says on the tin. A Taekwondo exponent with equal years to an active Boxer.

Khazan conditions.

Both fighters of equal weight to ensure equal DRUNKENNESS, and the bell goes after they've both had five shots of GREEN FAIRY Absinthe and had five minutes for the alcohol to take hold.

Unlimited rounds of three minutes each, with rest of two minutes and another shot of GREEN FAIRY the moment they get back to their respective corners(two minutes so the alcohol gets time to work...)

Which style reigns supreme under EXTREME INEBRIATION?

Based on what I know about Taekwondo (admittedly not that much), the result would depend somewhat on the ruleset the TKD guy trained under, since it seems that some rulesets would be more pertinent for a Khazan fight (full contact without a referee stopping the fight after each point scored being ideal, obviously). Somewhat, since I would still give the majority to the boxer, since he will do his best to stay on his feet, and TKD does rely too much on kicking to my taste. I'd say 4/10 to the boxer, 1 or 2/10 for the TKD guy, and they both end unable to fight the rest of the time due to inebriation.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Really not seeing this going well for the TKD guy.

The majority of TKD tournaments don't permit hand strikes to the head (only kicks), don't permit kicks to the legs, and aren't done until Knockout (they have extensive protection to try to avoid this), instead using a scoring system to decide who takes the win. Also, no clinching, so no experience with that. Also, when someone is severely staggered (enough to award a point), the Ref steps in and stops the match, starting a count.

This is less demanding than what occurs in a boxing match.

Granted, both guys are drunk here, but that's going to affect the TKD guy more, if anything, due to the whole 'kicking' thing.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 10-28-2015 at 10:55 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate