Spectacular Member

Default Faith Appreciation

DC Forum Appreciation Thread rules:

1) No negative comments about the honoree of this thread. It's an appreciation thread, not a non-appreciation one.

2) No negative discussion about any competitors of the honoree of this thread (i.e. John Stewart in the Hal Jordan thread). No ifs, ands, or buts. Find another non-appreciation thread to do that, just not here.

3) No negative comments about other versions of the character. For example, if you like the DCU version of Cyborg, but hate the DCnU version (or visa versa), just appreciate the earlier version and keep your comments about the latter to yourself.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I miss her.

No one can sip a cup of coffee like her.

Whatever happened to her?

I can't say I'm a big fan of Joe Kelly JLA, and certainly not Byrne/Claremont JLA, but I do like her better than those Native Americans and Major Disaster.

Astonishing Member

Faith seemed like a nice character but the one thing that bothered me was that she managed to be around for a while and had no real origin. Just that she was somehow related to, I think the Brazilian army? I wouldn't mind seeing her return.

Spectacular Member

I don't know. She just seemed to disappear after JLA. Not sure if she showed up anywhere else.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

She tagged along for a little bit with John Byrne's re-tooled Doom Patrol, but yeah after that she just kind of faded away. It seemed like Kelley was setting her up for some kind of interesting origin but no one after him had any real interest in using her sadly. She had an interesting power signature and a unique set for the DC Universe. I would definitely love seeing her return to active duty!

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

I actually really enjoyed her being around. The fact that she had the ablity to make people feel better and get them to work as a team was really a nice thing to have, as well as her power set. I do hope they bring her back one day, she seemed like a happy sort of person.

My favorite addition of the Kelly JLA, which I liked a lot. Shame no one else did nothing with her.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    Whatever happened to her?

I can't say I'm a big fan of Joe Kelly JLA, and certainly not Byrne/Claremont JLA, but I do like her better than those Native Americans and Major Disaster.
    Aw, no love for Manitou Raven and Dawn?

Anyway, I'm the opposite -- The Kelly/Mahnke JLA is actually my favorite, and yeah, Dawn was really cool.

Im honestly just surprised Im not the only one who remembers her.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    My favorite addition of the Kelly JLA, which I liked a lot. Shame no one else did nothing with her.

Peace
    She was in a JL Classified arc.

from JLA / JSA Secret Files & Origins #1 (January 2003)

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I would love to see DC do something with Argus and bring her in as one of the operatives. She would be a good fit for there I think.

I'm not a fan of her costume design, but barring that getting updated, I'd love to see a creator flesh out her character more and get her more involved in the DCU.

Maybe include her in a new Forgotten Heroes title that stars a team of revamped characters that quite literally were forgotten by DC.