Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default JL:3001 #5 Discussion

Well I couldn't find a thread about it so I guess I'll make one.

As always I really enjoy the book and had a few good laughs from this issue. Guy's part in the book keeps getting more and more interesting so I can't wait to see what happens next with the new procedure. Hopefully Kara can shed some light on this Earth's history and the whole evil Lois Lane.

What did everyone think of this issue?

But seriously does Harley have to be everywhere?

I keep wondering about Guy and who is dna and memories got mixed with. Can't recall who it was but I am interested.

Bruce and Kara had a cute little team-up and just lol at the Crazy Batman suit battle. The bat-suit v the Kryptonian and the Man-bat was neat and that surprise at the end with Harley made me go: uh oh. But I woulda taken Poison Ivy or a c-d list villainess.

But the biggest parts were the re-joining of the Super Buddies coming soon and Lois's big Plan about to go down. It's gonna be sooo good.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Always Rakzo

Wonderful issue. A lot of sub-plots being progressed nicely and tons of good humour. Lois is so ridiculous at how evil she is.

Wasn't expecting to see Harley Quinn 3001 at the end.

Liked it outside of Harley showing up at the end. Not that I dislike Harley, I actually like her, but this book has too many characters as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Liked it outside of Harley showing up at the end. Not that I dislike Harley, I actually like her, but this book has too many characters as it is.
    Yeah, I'd much rather the air time go to Blue Beetle and Booster or stick with the JL3001.
    "A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me."-Frederick Douglass

Amazing Member

I quite enjoyed Miasma showing up in a comic again. I actually really enjoyed Giffen's pree-new 52's Magog series, and he was in a few issues of that as well. Made me light up even more.

BANNED

Continues to be a goofy highlight of the month for me, more so than Starfire is in fact:
    Key things I took away this month:
    -Miasma's prison within a prison, seems ripe for more old-timers to show up
    -Bane having a tea party with 'Lois' vacant body (somewhere I am starting to suspect she's been crossed with Lex)
    -Lois' assistant blowing her cover to the one member of the League too dense to catch it
    -Gal Gardner and her Starro friend
    -that one page story at the back

That said, I am not that keen on how 'Harley' just suddenly shows up. Not that I dislike Harley as as such, but who the devil remembers the spare wheel of a maniac a thousand years later?

Someone probably found her "gear" just like with Blue Beetle.

The solits for the next few months look even crazier. I wonder if Giffen is just gonna let loose completely until this book gets the ax.

Well I just hope that it won't end like Threshold when it gets the axe.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    The solits for the next few months look even crazier. I wonder if Giffen is just gonna let loose completely until this book gets the ax.
    How is the book doing?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    How is the book doing?
    About 18k units. While it's above the 15k line, it's danger enough that it can go any time if DC wants to make room for something else.

Harley Quinn's appearance screams of ratings grabber.

I'm honestly not a big fan of a ton of additional characters somehow also reappearing in 3001. What drew me to this book initially was the characters we knew in a place that they didn't know. I was much more excited to see them take on "The Five" rather than future Bane or now future Harley Quinn. The whole thing is just becoming DC universe in space, which isn't as intriguing IMO.

That doesn't mean I still didn't enjoy this issue. I thought it was a lot of fun. I loved the Batman/Supergirl team up as well as the ultra edgy, bloodthirsty, mecha Batman being a bratty little alien girl. Hopefully the main plot will really start moving next issue with Superman getting a hint about evil Lois.

Astonishing Member

Got a chuckle out of the prison being full of Marvel characters.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Another fun issue. Lois is so ridiculously evil that she makes me laugh whenever she says something and I thought Bane dressing up her empty body like a oversized doll and having tea parties with it was really funny. This one continue to be just goofy, off-the-wall fun for me. I also loved the Batman/Supergirl teamup here. I was surprised to see Harley here though.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Got a chuckle out of the prison being full of Marvel characters.
    Glad I wasn't the only one to notice that one.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG