BANNED

Default Creation VS Evolution... I-REX vs V-REX!

...DINO WAR!

The pinnacle of carnivorous reptile evolution, the V-Rex(Jackson's Kong) VS the pinnacle of genetic manipulation, the Indominus Rex(Jurassic World)

Khazan conditions.

WHO EATS WHO?

V rex was indistinguishable from a standard T rex which the I rex is vastly superior to.

V might be a little bigger, but those arms will seal the deal.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

spoilers:
    Yet in the T-Rex vs. I-Rex fight, it wasn't the new guy that walked out with the win. Granted the Megladon got the final kill, but the others were portrayed as relatively equal.
    end of spoilers
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    V rex was indistinguishable from a standard T rex which the I rex is vastly superior to.

V might be a little bigger, but those arms will seal the deal.
    The V-Rexes seem a lot more agile than the T or I Rexes, IIRC. And, unlike the I-Rex, would have a lifetime of actual combat experience in the wild.

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    spoilers:
    Yet in the T-Rex vs. I-Rex fight, it wasn't the new guy that walked out with the win. Granted the Megladon got the final kill, but the others were portrayed as relatively equal.
    end of spoilers
    It was a Mosasaur and not really.
    spoilers:
    1v1 the I Rex was clearly winning. 2 v 1 with Blue serving as a valuable distraction was what gave T-Rex the advantage.
    end of spoilers

The I-Rex also had a rocket blow up in close proximity to it earlier that night. It's not a direct hit, but shrapnel has to sting.

I think it also got hit by bullets when shot at that time but they did absolutely nothing. It soaked all the shots from Star-Lord as well. So its no ordinary animal.

An interesting side fight could be Jackson Kong vs I Rex. Yes, I know Kong beat 3 V Rexes. Still would be fun.

I agree V Rex is more agile than a T Rex. The V Rex skulls/heads seemed a little larger than JP's T Rex's based on how a human (Naomi Watts) looked next to one of them, so I'm inclined to say V Rex's were bigger overall.

Size and agility would close the gap in the OP fight. Plus, the whole real world hunting and fighting experience thing. I think this is a really close call but I'm definitely leaning towards the Indominous Rex.
    Last edited by hulahulk; 10-29-2015 at 01:24 PM.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

According to information Universal put out the V Rexs are 22 feet tall at the hip and 50 feet long(about 10 feet taller and longer than a Trex).

Also the punishment they took from Kong gives them insane durability, I mean he was doing swinging drop kicks, judo throwing them, lifting them in the air and body slamming them,

I mean watch the scene again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQknIuieEHM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swYWmOn88pY
    These are at least 10 ton animals, which means when the fall down, to say nothing of being picked up into the air and slammed down, they're hitting the ground with all the force a 10 ton object asserts, for Elephant sized animals just falling down can be extremely hazardous.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    According to information Universal put out the V Rexs are 22 feet tall at the hip and 50 feet long(about 10 feet taller and longer than a Trex).

Also the punishment they took from Kong gives them insane durability, I mean he was doing swinging drop kicks, judo throwing them, lifting them in the air and body slamming them,

I mean watch the scene again https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQknIuieEHM https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swYWmOn88pY
    These are at least 10 ton animals, which means when the fall down, to say nothing of being picked up into the air and slammed down, they're hitting the ground with all the force a 10 ton object asserts, for Elephant sized animals just falling down can be extremely hazardous.

Good call. I never thought of checking the Universal info. I think the raw strength of a V Rex should sway this in its favor. But it's still a close fight. I Rex is a rookie, but has raptor level intelligence.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Oh wow, I forgot how much bigger the V-rex was. I'm definitely giving them much better odds. If they can get a good bite in (which they should, the I-rex doesn't seem to have a good defense to getting bit), I can see them holding on long enough to rip the I-rex apart.

A good close fight - excellent rumble, T51R!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Oh wow, I forgot how much bigger the V-rex was. I'm definitely giving them much better odds. If they can get a good bite in (which they should, the I-rex doesn't seem to have a good defense to getting bit), I can see them holding on long enough to rip the I-rex apart.
    I just thought of another possibility - there's a really high evolutionary pressure on Skull Island, and as a result many species are in extreme competition - the Foetodon for instance, related to Komodo Dragons, have even worse bacterial infections than the Comodo living on it, making its bite even deadlier!

Considering the high evo-pressure, and the many, many scars that the V-rexes sport, much the same way that the Kong sport quite a few scars and wounds, I think there's something else to take into consideration as well: accute infections.

The I-Rex was created in a lab, bred under sterilized conditions, and raised in a controlled environment.

Meanwhile, the V-Rex has been subjected to daily physical violence practically since birth, and exposed to a great deal of novel and aggressive micro-organisms. Would it not be feasible that the V-rex's bite could prove to be fairly fatal to the I-Rex? Theoretically, the I-Rex wouldn't last long against the infections of Skull Island.

On the other hand, that would probably take a few hours at least, on second thought, so probably not that relevant, since these two predators are so highly aggressive...