Default Smallville Superman vs Superman Returns Superman

Round 1: Clark only gets his feats from the Smallville tv show. SR Superman gets all the feats he displayed in Superman Returns and the feats he performed in the original movies(Superman 1-4). Who wins?

Round 2: Same as above, except Clark also gets all of his feats from the Smallville comicbook.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Even just going by the TV feats, I'm pretty sure Smallville Superman takes this, though it may be a serious fight for him. Strengthwise it's tough to get a bead on them - Smallville Superman pushed Apokolips, though that may have been as much an abstract feat as a physical one given the circumstances, whereas Movie Superman managed to lift a Kryptonite island pretty quickly.

Two things decide this: speed, and the ability to go all-out in the fight. Movie Superman holds back a great deal of his power most of the time, even in extreme situations: he may be able to lift an island or fly faster than light when he's enraged, but most of the time he has to strain himself to catch up with and physically support a falling airplane, even with people in danger. Smallville Clark has no such issues by the time he becomes Superman. Additionally, Movie Superman is juuuuuust able to go faster than light when he pushes it, moving backwards through time maybe a little less than an hour when he really has to and gives it all he has. Smallville Clark, while never independently turning back time (let's chalk that up to different laws of physics between the two universes), casually ran so fast at 21 that a camera flash was moving in slow motion relative to him. Kara, able to fly, seemingly reached at least the edge of the solar system in moments in Veritas, which would indicate a minimum of what Clark could do once he got the same ability. Even assuming bloodlust was on and Movie Superman could use all his power, I'm pretty sure Smallville Superman could speedblitz him.
    Buh-bye

It's been a while since I read the Smallville comicbook, but I don't remember Clark having significantly better feats in there than in the show, if someone could confirm or correct me, it would be great. Anyway, my bet is on Smallville Clark via speedblitz, since they are comparable in strength (moving the moon in SM4, versus moving Apokolips in the Smallville Finale). Smallville Clark would also have the advantage in a heat vision battle, from what I remember (vaporizing a small tsunami comes to mind). And I just saw that in the comics, he blocked Supergirl's own heat vision... Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    It's been a while since I read the Smallville comicbook, but I don't remember Clark having significantly better feats in there than in the show, if someone could confirm or correct me, it would be great. Anyway, my bet is on Smallville Clark via speedblitz, since they are comparable in strength (moving the moon in SM4, versus moving Apokolips in the Smallville Finale). Smallville Clark would also have the advantage in a heat vision battle, from what I remember (vaporizing a small tsunami comes to mind). And I just saw that in the comics, he blocked Supergirl's own heat vision... Yeah.
    https://youtu.be/4hxIOB-uQPA?t=11

He vaporizes it at superspeed, He roasts Routh even with the originals powerset.

We don't even need the comic book feats. Smallville Clark beats him on the television feats alone.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    We don't even need the comic book feats. Smallville Clark beats him on the television feats alone.
    Agreed, and I knew that heat vision feat up there would come into play as soon as I clicked this thread.

I'm thinking back to Superman II, when Superman deflected Zod's heat vision right back at him with a mirror. That was only a fraction of power of Smallville Clark's heat vision in that clip, and it was enough to get Zod to yell out in pain and cease fire, and all at normal speed. That's the general scale that the movie Kryptonians operate; Smallville Clark would fry SR Clark.