View Poll Results: Daken or Raze

Voters
151. You may not vote on this poll
  • Daken

    122 80.79%
  • Raze

    29 19.21%
Results 1 to 15 of 178

Thread: Daken or Raze

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Incredible Member Jameszahra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    653

    Default Daken or Raze

    The 2 phsychotic sons of wolverine. Both very similar in nature but with a completely different look.

    Who do you prefer?

    image.jpg

    image.jpg

  2. #2
    Astonishing Member sifighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,424

    Default

    I'm going with Daken. I've had a longer time to get to know him, understand his character, read his solo and team series and etc. Raze on the other hand is a new character from an alternate future we don't know to much about other then he is Wolverine and Mystique's kid, hates Logan, and hates the X-men. Raze needs to be fleshed out more, so yeah I'm going with Daken.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

  3. #3
    Mighty Member anthony_lynch15's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Derry, N.Ireland
    Posts
    1,565

    Default

    I like them both but I'll have to go with Daken.
    Bad children of superheroes is often cliched but I don't mind it.

    Always thought Daken was a good idea to begin with.
    All the differences between him and Logan really worked for me.
    The fact that he embraced his inner psychopath while Logan rejected his.
    He seemed refined and educated while Logan seemed like a drunk brawler.
    Also the addition of his pheromone powers and the way he used them to mess with everyone was also a nice touch.
    Watching him mess with Bullseye (Hawkeye at the time) in the Dark Avengers era was a lot of fun.
    He's also a brilliant manipulator and I like how he uses those manipulation skills both to be vicious and to further his goals.
    His uber level daddy issues tend to dilute a lot of those good qualities though.

    Raze hasn't had enough appearances yet to merit the top spot between the brothers.
    But so far Raze seems to be pretty much the same template as Daken.
    Manipulator, psychopath and claws. He even seems to have the massive daddy issues with some mummy thrown in for good measure.
    But he also has the very useful and formidable power of being a shape shifter.
    Add to that his knowledge of the future and he has potential to be a good villain.
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

  4. #4
    Super Dupont Nicoclaws's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Real Daken or Remender daken ? If it's the latter, it's a tie.

  5. #5
    BANNED
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Inside Storm's heart
    Posts
    27,269

    Default

    Definitely Daken.

  6. #6
    Storm Goddess Wind Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Definitely Daken.
    Seconded...
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

  7. #7
    Incredible Member Jameszahra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Real Daken or Remender daken ? If it's the latter, it's a tie.
    Hahaha forgot about that. I'm referring to real daken. (Margorie Liu)

  8. #8
    Mighty Member sureshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,551

    Default

    I would like to see them both. Yet prefer Raze. Daken suffers from Marvel not knowing what to do with him. As well as poor writing. Is he a villain, hero or anit-hero. It seems to change from comic to comic. Master manipulator or patsy who gets fooled to easily by sabertooth. Suffering from daddy issues or wants to be his own man. It's too confusing. If Daken returns or gets a solo series then the writers need to figure out what they want to with him and make it stick. Raze being a fam of Mystique it's good to see anything that is associated with her character in a comic. As well he apperently kills her off for something that she did to him or someone else. More powerful and insane than Mystique and less of a people person than Wolverine. A point in his favor unlike Daken the character is fairly new and not ruined by the writers yet.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

    Havok and Emma were right.

  9. #9
    Incredible Member Jameszahra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    I would like to see them both. Yet prefer Raze. Daken suffers from Marvel not knowing what to do with him. As well as poor writing. Is he a villain, hero or anit-hero. It seems to change from comic to comic. Master manipulator or patsy who gets fooled to easily by sabertooth. Suffering from daddy issues or wants to be his own man. It's too confusing. If Daken returns or gets a solo series then the writers need to figure out what they want to with him and make it stick. Raze being a fam of Mystique it's good to see anything that is associated with her character in a comic. As well he apperently kills her off for something that she did to him or someone else. More powerful and insane than Mystique and less of a people person than Wolverine. A point in his favor unlike Daken the character is fairly new and not ruined by the writers yet.
    It was revealed in uncanny avengers that daken was never fooled by sabertooth, he knew what sabertooth was planning the whole time, he just didn't anticipate wolverine actually going all the way through with killing him.

    But I do agree, the inconsistent writing of daken is a little annoying. Liu had the right idea with the character. IMO I actually think marvel intended to initially have daken in the position sabertooth is currently in (with mystique ruling Madripoor) but for some reason (I'm guessing remender) they decided to use him as a plot device to develop wolverines character.

    I think dakens place is with x23 avenging Logan's coming death (post uncanny avengers). Seeking revenge on sabertooth for backstabbing him and taking over Madripoor which IMO belongs to daken.

  10. #10
    CBR's Good Fairy Kieran_Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    7,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Real Daken or Remender daken ? If it's the latter, it's a tie.
    QUOTE FOR TRUTH!!! I voted for Daken (real Daken, by Liu&Way)... Bendis' Raze is better than Remender's Daken (sadly).

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzflower92 View Post
    If I want to be honest both are kind of like fan fiction characters who over rely on angst, daddy issues, and unoriginality.
    Real Daken didn't rely on that, in fact Liu&Way specifically moved him passed that (Remender returned him to it); and made him a guy who loves to watch the world burn (very un-angst, specifically).

  11. #11
    Incredible Member Jameszahra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    653

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    QUOTE FOR TRUTH!!! I voted for Daken (real Daken, by Liu&Way)... Bendis' Raze is better than Remender's Daken (sadly).


    Real Daken didn't rely on that, in fact Liu&Way specifically moved him passed that (Remender returned him to it); and made him a guy who loves to watch the world burn (very un-angst, specifically).
    Ah Kieran I knew it was you before even looking at your avatar. Always got the best facts about daken.
    We need another appreciation thread

  12. #12
    CBR's Good Fairy Kieran_Frost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Bristol, UK
    Posts
    7,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jameszahra View Post
    Ah Kieran I knew it was you before even looking at your avatar. Always got the best facts about daken.
    We need another appreciation thread
    LOL! You know me, always rocking the Daken. I'll make an appreciation thread when I get home tonight.






  13. #13
    X-Men & Green Lantern Fan Sam Robards, Comic Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Real Daken or Remender daken ? If it's the latter, it's a tie.
    Yeah, Remender's Daken was freaking atrocious. Way to not know anything about a character.

    Regarding the poll question, despite how much I enjoyed Raze in No More Humans, Daken gets my vote, hands down. Too bad recent writers have completely watered down his character, often forgetting his extremely useful pheromone manipulation power.
    What can I say but, "I love comics."

  14. #14
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by anthony_lynch15 View Post
    I like them both but I'll have to go with Daken.
    Bad children of superheroes is often cliched but I don't mind it.

    Always thought Daken was a good idea to begin with.
    All the differences between him and Logan really worked for me.
    The fact that he embraced his inner psychopath while Logan rejected his.
    He seemed refined and educated while Logan seemed like a drunk brawler.
    Also the addition of his pheromone powers and the way he used them to mess with everyone was also a nice touch.
    Watching him mess with Bullseye (Hawkeye at the time) in the Dark Avengers era was a lot of fun.
    He's also a brilliant manipulator and I like how he uses those manipulation skills both to be vicious and to further his goals.
    His uber level daddy issues tend to dilute a lot of those good qualities though.

    Raze hasn't had enough appearances yet to merit the top spot between the brothers.
    But so far Raze seems to be pretty much the same template as Daken.
    Manipulator, psychopath and claws. He even seems to have the massive daddy issues with some mummy thrown in for good measure.
    But he also has the very useful and formidable power of being a shape shifter.
    Add to that his knowledge of the future and he has potential to be a good villain.
    Daken! For all the reasons anthony_lynch15 gave above with the caveat that it's Liu!Daken not Remender!Daken.

  15. #15
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jameszahra View Post
    The 2 phsychotic sons of wolverine. Both very similar in nature but with a completely different look.

    Who do you prefer?

    image.jpg

    image.jpg
    What for? Chess?

    It depends on the writer, but sometimes Daken looks almost sane…

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •