152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Daken

123 80.92%
  • Raze

29 19.08%
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Daken or Raze

Default Daken or Raze

The 2 phsychotic sons of wolverine. Both very similar in nature but with a completely different look.

Who do you prefer?

image.jpg

image.jpg

I'm going with Daken. I've had a longer time to get to know him, understand his character, read his solo and team series and etc. Raze on the other hand is a new character from an alternate future we don't know to much about other then he is Wolverine and Mystique's kid, hates Logan, and hates the X-men. Raze needs to be fleshed out more, so yeah I'm going with Daken.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

I like them both but I'll have to go with Daken.
    Bad children of superheroes is often cliched but I don't mind it.

Always thought Daken was a good idea to begin with.
    All the differences between him and Logan really worked for me.
    The fact that he embraced his inner psychopath while Logan rejected his.
    He seemed refined and educated while Logan seemed like a drunk brawler.
    Also the addition of his pheromone powers and the way he used them to mess with everyone was also a nice touch.
    Watching him mess with Bullseye (Hawkeye at the time) in the Dark Avengers era was a lot of fun.
    He's also a brilliant manipulator and I like how he uses those manipulation skills both to be vicious and to further his goals.
    His uber level daddy issues tend to dilute a lot of those good qualities though.

Raze hasn't had enough appearances yet to merit the top spot between the brothers.
    But so far Raze seems to be pretty much the same template as Daken.
    Manipulator, psychopath and claws. He even seems to have the massive daddy issues with some mummy thrown in for good measure.
    But he also has the very useful and formidable power of being a shape shifter.
    Add to that his knowledge of the future and he has potential to be a good villain.
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

Real Daken or Remender daken ? If it's the latter, it's a tie.

BANNED

Definitely Daken.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Real Daken or Remender daken ? If it's the latter, it's a tie.
    Hahaha forgot about that. I'm referring to real daken. (Margorie Liu)

I would like to see them both. Yet prefer Raze. Daken suffers from Marvel not knowing what to do with him. As well as poor writing. Is he a villain, hero or anit-hero. It seems to change from comic to comic. Master manipulator or patsy who gets fooled to easily by sabertooth. Suffering from daddy issues or wants to be his own man. It's too confusing. If Daken returns or gets a solo series then the writers need to figure out what they want to with him and make it stick. Raze being a fam of Mystique it's good to see anything that is associated with her character in a comic. As well he apperently kills her off for something that she did to him or someone else. More powerful and insane than Mystique and less of a people person than Wolverine. A point in his favor unlike Daken the character is fairly new and not ruined by the writers yet.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    I would like to see them both. Yet prefer Raze. Daken suffers from Marvel not knowing what to do with him. As well as poor writing. Is he a villain, hero or anit-hero. It seems to change from comic to comic. Master manipulator or patsy who gets fooled to easily by sabertooth. Suffering from daddy issues or wants to be his own man. It's too confusing. If Daken returns or gets a solo series then the writers need to figure out what they want to with him and make it stick. Raze being a fam of Mystique it's good to see anything that is associated with her character in a comic. As well he apperently kills her off for something that she did to him or someone else. More powerful and insane than Mystique and less of a people person than Wolverine. A point in his favor unlike Daken the character is fairly new and not ruined by the writers yet.
    It was revealed in uncanny avengers that daken was never fooled by sabertooth, he knew what sabertooth was planning the whole time, he just didn't anticipate wolverine actually going all the way through with killing him.

But I do agree, the inconsistent writing of daken is a little annoying. Liu had the right idea with the character. IMO I actually think marvel intended to initially have daken in the position sabertooth is currently in (with mystique ruling Madripoor) but for some reason (I'm guessing remender) they decided to use him as a plot device to develop wolverines character.

I think dakens place is with x23 avenging Logan's coming death (post uncanny avengers). Seeking revenge on sabertooth for backstabbing him and taking over Madripoor which IMO belongs to daken.

BANNED

I picked Raze because I found his powerset and heritatge more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameszahra View Post
    It was revealed in uncanny avengers that daken was never fooled by sabertooth, he knew what sabertooth was planning the whole time, he just didn't anticipate wolverine actually going all the way through with killing him.
    Good to know about Sabertooth as it made no sense imo. Why would he not expect wolverine to kill him. See I don't get the writers. They have villains espcially ones that have family ties to heroes keep pushing the heroes buttons over and over again. Laughing in their faces. Harming and killing family and friends. Yet somehow villains act like they can't understand after doing all that why a hero ends up killing them in the end. If anything it Daken should have anticipated Wolverine going all the way. Laughed in his face because for all Wolverine going on about being a hero push him too far and he is human like everyone else.

But I do agree, the inconsistent writing of daken is a little annoying. Liu had the right idea with the character. IMO I actually think marvel intended to initially have daken in the position sabertooth is currently in (with mystique ruling Madripoor) but for some reason (I'm guessing remender) they decided to use him as a plot device to develop wolverines character.
    Daken character development is so inconsistent imo. Though Liu did a good job with him. Is it me or does Liu do a good job with every character she gets her hands own. The only writer I know who does not engage in excessive character favortism imo. I could see Daken more than Sabertooth in charge of Madripoor. As well as Mystique by his side. At most Sabertooth as a bodyguard. Though I'm glad he is not. With them doing another "death" of wolverine (yeah sure). We would have seen Daken not Sabertooth take out Wolverine. Daken does not need another storyline showcasing his daddy issues imo.

I think dakens place is with x23 avenging Logan's coming death (post uncanny avengers). Seeking revenge on sabertooth for backstabbing him and taking over Madripoor which IMO belongs to daken.
    As long as it's not to get revenge for Wolverine death. Which makes no sense character wise. I can see Daken joining X-23 to try and get Madripoor back and Mystique as well.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

BANNED

Sadly, Raze is better.

Avoiding the worst forgotten_utopia's Avatar

i HATE THEM BOTH ACTUALLY ! so I refuse to vote..
    Be the change you want to see in the world.
    Mahatma Ghandi

I love bisexual Daken, but I love transsexual Raze. So both, but Daken more so.

Raze is crap like all characters from BOTA.

Neither, really. But Daken, if my life depended on it.