152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Daken

123 80.92%
  • Raze

29 19.08%
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: Daken or Raze

Extraordinary Member

Daken has had some character development and actually seems, well, like he could have a place in the MU. Raze is just a worse copy of Daken.

I would have voted Daken when he first appeared and a little after when he was on Dark Avengers.

But now he is just this creepy dude that writers try to make seem like he is a hero but fail at it.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Daken, if I must pick one.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I would have voted Daken when he first appeared and a little after when he was on Dark Avengers.

But now he is just this creepy dude that writers try to make seem like he is a hero but fail at it.
    Yeah, but that's what sort of makes him work. He isn't cool, he is just sort of a loser who failed, failed incredibly badly, and never found his footing again.

Raze is rather dull.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Yeah, but that's what sort of makes him work. He isn't cool, he is just sort of a loser who failed, failed incredibly badly, and never found his footing again.

Raze is rather dull.
    I never saw him as a loser, more like a bastard that tends to bite more that he can chew. Still capable of chew quite a lot though.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I never saw him as a loser, more like a bastard that tends to bite more that he can chew. Still capable of chew quite a lot though.
    He died via drowning by puddle after losing to Wolverine because he was drunk. He also failed to become a top tier villain because of his drug addiction. Daken is just sort of a loser.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

He died via drowning by puddle after losing to Wolverine because he was drunk. He also failed to become a top tier villain because of his drug addiction. Daken is just sort of a loser.
    Daken doesn't even seem like a villain. He gets the privilege of being an anti-hero with X-23 and Gabby seeing him as family and being crazy about him. That's at least something. Then he seems to have quite a large fanbase for a character who isn't shown too much.

I hate him, but hard to call him a loser.

Even he gets to kick Creed's ass. And was written as playing him in Remender's run.

Now that's a loser. Daken on the other hand is till solid. lol But I do think he was unneeded given the other Wolverines we had prior to him.

Daken, Jimmy, Gabby, Raze, and OML were all pushing it. I honestly think Laura was pushing it. But if we HAD to have another Wolverine, she was decent enough. But it should've stopped there.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 07-12-2019 at 08:24 PM.

I liked Daken up until Remender brought him back for UXF. Haven't read his post-DoW stuff so I'm not sure if he's gotten better since then.

Neither.101010

Raze is rather dull.
    To Raze has more potential to me. Daken just seems pervy to me in most situations.

But being honest...I would be fine if both ceased to exist
    Last edited by DragonsChi; 07-13-2019 at 07:07 AM.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I liked Daken up until Remender brought him back for UXF. Haven't read his post-DoW stuff so I'm not sure if he's gotten better since then.
    Agreed. I liked him a lot. I don’t think Remender got the character. Then, after that, he went through a series of much worse writers to the point that the character is now severely damaged.

That said, he’s still much better in every way than Raze.
    Last edited by Exciter; 07-13-2019 at 06:26 AM.
    Age of Marvels and DC Next Dawn - Monthly Fan Made Solicitation Competitions on these very forums, make your pulls now! Want back story? Check the Wiki!

Extraordinary Member

I think some writer is going to come along and really do something fun with Daken. The same can't reallly be said for Raze.

I'm not a fan of either, but at least Daken is an actual character. Daken can be fun when he's a 3rd party in a story where you don't know who's side he's really on.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Raze by a longshot but he's taking away from WildChild's kink-positive glow-up so he had to go.

Raze is hot garbage