152. You may not vote on this poll
  • Daken

123 80.92%
  • Raze

29 19.08%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Daken or Raze

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Neither. But if I had to choose I'd go with Fire Knives.

Or the long forgotten Erista.
    Who is she and where is she from?

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    Who is she and where is she from?
    Fire Knives (the girl in the picture) is one of Wolverine's kids that he didn't know he had then killed in Aaron's run to the solo.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

If I want to be honest both are kind of like fan fiction characters who over rely on angst, daddy issues, and unoriginality.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Daken: Awesome transgressive character that was able to subvert expectations of both what a hero and a villain should be (including a persistent portrayal of bisexuality from a mainstream male comic character).

Raze: OMG, WHAT IF WE CROSSED MYSTIQUE WITH WOLVERINE, MOVIE FANS WOULD GO CRAZY!
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    Daken: Awesome transgressive character that was able to subvert expectations of both what a hero and a villain should be (including a persistent portrayal of bisexuality from a mainstream male comic character).

Raze: OMG, WHAT IF WE CROSSED MYSTIQUE WITH WOLVERINE, MOVIE FANS WOULD GO CRAZY!
    lol that's a great way of describing daken and raze. I love it

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post

LMAO, that is brilliant!
    Trying to catch up on 2 years of Marvel comics.....
    Comic Book Parody - Funny comic book stuff.
    X-Men: Drama of the Atom - An unfinished Battle of the Atom parody.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Real Daken or Remender daken ? If it's the latter, it's a tie.
    QUOTE FOR TRUTH!!! I voted for Daken (real Daken, by Liu&Way)... Bendis' Raze is better than Remender's Daken (sadly).

Quote Originally Posted by jazzflower92 View Post
    If I want to be honest both are kind of like fan fiction characters who over rely on angst, daddy issues, and unoriginality.
    Real Daken didn't rely on that, in fact Liu&Way specifically moved him passed that (Remender returned him to it); and made him a guy who loves to watch the world burn (very un-angst, specifically).

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    QUOTE FOR TRUTH!!! I voted for Daken (real Daken, by Liu&Way)... Bendis' Raze is better than Remender's Daken (sadly).

Real Daken didn't rely on that, in fact Liu&Way specifically moved him passed that (Remender returned him to it); and made him a guy who loves to watch the world burn (very un-angst, specifically).
    Ah Kieran I knew it was you before even looking at your avatar. Always got the best facts about daken.
    We need another appreciation thread

Very true.

To be frank, I don't like either of them. Put a gun to my head, and I'd probably choose Daken.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozen View Post
    To be frank, I don't like either of them. Put a gun to my head, and I'd probably choose Daken.
    I feel the same way... except I would choose Raze.

BANNED

That`s why Raze is better. Daken is mundane.

Quote Originally Posted by DDD View Post
    That`s why Raze is better. Daken is mundane.
    I would like Raze more if he hadn't come from the god awfulness of Battle of the Atom and was given a more proper introduction. As it stood, it just felt like Bendis was throwing darts at the wall to see what "crazy future events" would shock us more. At least Daken had some potential as a character, though I honestly can't get behind the rapey vibes that I get from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameszahra View Post
    Ah Kieran I knew it was you before even looking at your avatar. Always got the best facts about daken.
    We need another appreciation thread
    LOL! You know me, always rocking the Daken. I'll make an appreciation thread when I get home tonight.

Exclamation

It was revealed in uncanny avengers that daken was never fooled by sabertooth, he knew what sabertooth was planning the whole time, he just didn't anticipate wolverine actually going all the way through with killing him.
    WHAT? Really? Hmmmm... Remender trying to undo some of the numerous problems with the death of Marvel's first true LGBT solo star. Meh, at-least he's trying to correct his wrongs, I'll give him that. Do you have a scan, pretty please?

I think dakens place is with x23 avenging Logan's coming death (post uncanny avengers). Seeking revenge on sabertooth for backstabbing him and taking over Madripoor which IMO belongs to daken.
    LOVE this idea! Not because Daken would care, BUT joining forcing to get back at Sabertooth and build a bond with X-23, I can see (also, he might have a "no-one gets to kill the old man BUT ME!" mentality about Logan's death. Make it happen, Marvel!!!