I thought it would be interesting to devote a new thread to those creators who, in your eyes, have added something noteworthy to Spider-Man's world, but are rarely discussed for it.

My first choice would be Dan Jurgens. His run as writer and artist on Sensational Spider-Man (has anyone else ever both written and drawn a core Spider-Man title) was brief (seven issues long) but memorable and consistent. After the drudgery of the early Clone Saga Jurgens bought a freshness and sense of fun to Ben Reilly's adventures as Spider-Man. The intrigue around love interest Jessica Carradine was well crafted and I thought that he used villains well. His revamp of Mysterio stands as one of the character's finest appearances in my eyes. According to the Life of Reilly, he left because he was frustrated at not having the chance to write 'the real' Peter Parker. On this evidence, I think it's a real shame that he never got the chance at a longer run on the character.

I would also go for Steve Skroce. Again, his run was pretty brief, and if I remember correctly was dogged by scheduling conflicts. He was also paired with Tom Defalco, in arguably his least fertile creative period as a Spider-Man writer. That said, his pencils were a fantastic fit for Spider-Man. His kinetic, lithe style was a breathe of fresh air and brought great energy to what was, I feel, an extremely underrated Electro arc in particular. He also designed a cool looking new Spider-Man costume that, as far as I'm aware, only ever appeared in a single issue.

Discuss!