Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
Hmmm…..I would have to revisit Conway's return engagement on Web and SSM. I have them all and recall them being good runs that fell short of great with a few exceptions (the JJJ/Chameleon story was superb as was the Tombstone/Robbie arc). But, like I said, it's been awhile since I read them all; I would need to catch up on them before I agree or disagree that Conway 2.0 was better than the much more famous Conway run.
You know, I'll be honest, I haven't revisited most of Conway's second stretch on the Spider-Man books in years. But those years are burned into my memory in a good way.

The JJJ/Chameleon story was a real standout. It was almost undeniably the best JJJ story ever written until "Under the Moustache," and there's still a case to be made for it.

The Tombstone/Robbie stuff was fantastic, edge of your seat drama. But don't forget Glory Grant and the Lobos Brothers! And some very cool one offs featuring the Punisher (and a villain called the Persuader), or John Walker Cap and the Tarantula.

But if you want a quick way to see how much Conway improved as a writer, check out the Carrion story from TSSM 149: