Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Vision, #1

Super Moderator

Default The Vision, #1

The Vision wants to be human, and what's more human than family? He goes to the laboratory where he was created, where Ultron molded him into a weapon, where he first rebelled against his given destiny, where he first imagined that he could be more, that he could be good, that he could be a man, a normal, ordinary man. And he builds them. A wife, Virginia. Two teenage twins, Viv and Vin. They look like him. They have his powers. They share his grandest ambition or perhaps obsession: the unrelenting need to be ordinary. Behold The Visions! They're the family next door, and they have the power to kill us all. What could possibly go wrong?

Full article here.

I am all over this book.

I wasn't all that excited about this book. But after reading this preview, I'm genuinely curious. Marvel has a very bad track record in recent times when it comes to developing characters with families and lovers, Kamala Khan being the lone exception. The idea of Vision trying to be normal, having a family and being a productive member of an ordinary society, actually sounds intriguing. I hope Marvel doesn't abandon it too quickly, as they so often do with stories that don't involve Tony Stark shooting something.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Behold George and Nora.

I can't wait for this, King really hit it out of the park with Grayson and Omega Men over at DC and this looks just as great.

I'm super excited for this, the prospect of trying to feel normal and fit in could be a great emotional drive for character development in this series. And I'm curious to see what happens with the whole family, will we start seeing them in the larger Marvel U down the line?

Incredible Member

I hope it's not like "Vision and the Scarlet Witch" take three. Just really hated that series because I don't gravitate towards a "human" Vision.
    Also, I'm creeped out by the notion that Vision built his wife. Did "the wife" have free will in choosing to live a married life with Vision, or was that something she was programmed to do?

BANNED

You know if they allow Vision's kids to hang out with other Marvel Universe children, then they wouldn't have the malfunction problem, right ?

Man in the White House? Why do they need a man in the White House? Maybe since Titan appeared in the sky the day Ultron landed, that maybe there would be a problem with Titan in orbit, (Avengers :Rage of Ultron OGN), so it would be nice if someone took it out of orbit, now big brain Reed Richards doesn't exist now? Then maybe Vision should keep the government abreast of things like that, not that Titan appearing out of nowhere was going to help the government if Vision leaves them emails.

I have no prior experience with The Vision. But with King at the helm writing, I'm all over it.

This looks pretty interesting. I'm curious what the tone will be, the intro very much focuses on the fish out of water theme and emphasizes the very odd Vision in these very normal suburbs. Will the focus stay on that or shift to more traditional super-heroics?

Also, to be a bit of a continuity dork, it is interesting that the Vision would be the liaison with the White House, he did after all ** Spoilers from 25 years ago ** once try to take over the world's computers, causing the government to kidnap and disassemble him.

Read it. Love it but it not a feel good story but a very creepy and a dark tale. Tons of doom and gloom ahead.

I picked it up because even though I have misgivings about the subject matter, I was constantly being assured by my comicbook friends that Tom King's a great writer and it'll be fine.

So okay, I can appreciate good writing, let's see where this goes.

You know what, it's...different from all the other ANAD titles, and that's pretty cool. I swear, it actually feels like a kind of Twilight-zone style horror story thing going on, because of the third-person narration style of describing their actions and thinking? It's like we're playing observer some potentially malfunctioning or unstable people/synthetzoids. There's definitely a mystery being set-up straight-off, whole sense of disquiet is going through the book.

And the 'family member' that arrives, I couldn't believe who it was. I kinda started laughing when he busts in because, of all people who get to survive post-SW, it just had to be him. In his kooky costume from the 80s and all. And he's going on about what he always goes on about every single time he attacks Vision, same as before.

Also I like the daughter synthezoid Viv. She has anger issues.
    Last edited by Byakko; 11-04-2015 at 09:48 AM.

Wow. When I first saw the covers for vision I expected it to be about out of control androids. This was way different and I loved it. Gives off a creepy vibe
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else."

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

This was extremely interesting. Really reads more like a sci-fi/Twilight Zone story than a superhero one, which is all good.

Also, looks like Vision's wife was modeled after spoilers:
    Wanda
    end of spoilers. Yeah, that will end well.