Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Vision, #1

You know, I saw that a 'future Avengers' team was going to appear in New Avengers #5, and they were the same team from a 'good future' that Al Ewing showed at the end of Ultron Forever. The thing is that this team had a future version of Vision in it as well.

So I asked Ewing to clarify, whether his future-Vision is from the current post-Secret Wars timeline, or from the 'good future' timeline that he wrote prior to Secret Wars. Ewing confirmed that 'his' Vision is the same Vision that's in the current timeline and the solo; aka King's Vision. Interestingly, he implied that Vision in the future doesn't have the 'issues' of the current Vision.

I'm going to assume that Ewing's not putting it lightly, and that he did at least discuss with King whether their two Visions were the same or not.

Just an interesting wrinkle to the whole thing.

I was thinking that the narrator is possibly a future version of Vision, narrating events in the past, remarking on them as the events go by hence commenting on events in the story 'as they are recollected' but in the past tense (like director's commentary). But then the speech patterns don't really match with how Vision is usually written.

The only other thing I can figure is a Watcher or something, but they don't usually comment on inner-thoughts or have the ability to even read inner-thoughts, AFAIK.
    Last edited by Byakko; 11-07-2015 at 04:06 AM.

Thanks for sharing this dialogue with the writer Byakko !
    I must add that I hope that one of the effects of Hickman's big story is something related to the time-lines problems . There are three simultaneous stories happening in three different years 2060 in the last published issue of his SHIELD - the story makes a jump from the year 1960 IIRC and then becomes quite experimental- , and I think some of them were seen in Loki ( the story with Doom) or in the Avengers Original Sin tie-in. We'll see when they will publish the already finished two remaining issues.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Obviously, I've got a lot of catching up to do on my Vision reading. O_O

Abe, I got the PM. So cool! I'll respond later. Errands.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Well Mrs Vision has got the crazy Wanda in her, if what I'm reading is right. Vision was fearing some dread every time he thinks about his wife, and this "secrets" thing is now what Vision is going to get thrown in his face. Wanda was shaking Vision (after he scrapped all his emotions), because she was afraid he had done something very wrong. Well, Vision is going to get a lesson on fiddling with human emotions, soon enough, because he just set up a family full of human emotions, the exact thing he doesn't want.

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    You know, I saw that a 'future Avengers' team was going to appear in New Avengers #5, and they were the same team from a 'good future' that Al Ewing showed at the end of Ultron Forever. The thing is that this team had a future version of Vision in it as well.

So I asked Ewing to clarify, whether his future-Vision is from the current post-Secret Wars timeline, or from the 'good future' timeline that he wrote prior to Secret Wars. Ewing confirmed that 'his' Vision is the same Vision that's in the current timeline and the solo; aka King's Vision. Interestingly, he implied that Vision in the future doesn't have the 'issues' of the current Vision.

I'm going to assume that Ewing's not putting it lightly, and that he did at least discuss with King whether their two Visions were the same or not.

Just an interesting wrinkle to the whole thing.

I was thinking that the narrator is possibly a future version of Vision, narrating events in the past, remarking on them as the events go by hence commenting on events in the story 'as they are recollected' but in the past tense (like director's commentary). But then the speech patterns don't really match with how Vision is usually written.

The only other thing I can figure is a Watcher or something, but they don't usually comment on inner-thoughts or have the ability to even read inner-thoughts, AFAIK.
    It could be something like a future Vision. This whole family scenario is Vision trying to escape from emotions, because they are uncomfortable, so it's possible by the end of this story, he reintroduces his emotional side, after learning the harsh lessons hat you can't go through life in neutral. The emotional Vision could be recalling this as a diary narrator in this series?

Incredible Member cheesebiggins's Avatar

After hearing all the hype, I decided to buy this issue earlier and I was not disappointed! Really great first issue; I genuinely adored how creepy and eerie it was.

This is probably my favourite of ANAD Marvel so far! I hope it sells well

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Byakko View Post
    I'm just laughing at how he still had his tacky 80s costume on. Talk about nostalgia!
    Well, that was always his problem wasn't it? Dude never COULD accept change...

I have to wonder...what did he think was going to happen to him? It's not like
    he had much success against the Vision when there was only one of him.

Given his 90's power upgrade and his prior appearance in UA, this incident may just be a pattern for this guy now.

Which is both sad and funny, if true.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    I have to wonder...what did he think was going to happen to him? It's not like
    he had much success against the Vision when there was only one of him.
    Are Vision's family members supposed to be as powerful as Vision is? Maybe he was expecting them to be relatively harmless and easy pickings.