Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Vision, #1

Will Vision's family turn against him and side with Ultron against humanity? I think so. The Vision will probably have to destroy them.

I really liked this one. By far my favorite of Marvel's new titles so far. It was so freaking weird, but delightfully so. A little wordy but the narration worked. It was just a really out side of the box type of book.

BANNED

Wonderful story and wonderful art. Very unexpected tone. I liked other ANAD books too, but this is really different, could easily be confused for an Image book, or a Vertigo of the old times in a sci–fi key. Don’t know if he can become a commercial success, but it sounds like the sort of story that could be told in 12 issues, so I don’t really care.

I like this. This Vision isn't the old one, but it makes sense if you remember that he wiped all his emotions recently. He emotionally crippled himself, and it's showing...

Astonishing Member

This was the best issue of the week, and the best debut issue of the entire marvel relaunch thus far, and by far.

Tom King does it again.

All-New Member

I can't say with absolute certainty that this is my favorite ANAD book launch so far, but it is by a long haul the most unique and most interesting to see how it goes on.
    The story sucked you in and was well presented, and the art complimented it.
    I know it is early to tell, but the story really looks the kind that should be told in a rather small amount of issues. If the series becomes the success and the story really is of that kind, I would really prefer it if it indeed ended at its proper time.

Quote Originally Posted by Deniz Camp View Post
    This was the best issue of the week, and the best debut issue of the entire marvel relaunch thus far, and by far.

Tom King does it again.
    I'll just second this and add that King is on his way to "A-list comic writer" status.

I was NOT expecting a sort of horrorish vibe that was here. I absolutely loved it!
    Marvel Pull - Fantastic Four, The Immortal Hulk
    DC Pull - The Green Lantern, Goddess Mode
    Indie Pull - The Wrong Earth, High Heaven

Amazing Member

This was brilliant. It's the first ANAD comic that really feels like something special. Tom King is becoming one of my favorite writers ridiculously fast (Omega Men is my favorite current DC comic, Grayson is great too), it usually takes several years for a comic writer to make the kind of impression King has made one me. The guy amazing narration, dialogue, and plotting and just some of the most interesting ideas coming from Marvel and DC. The art deserves mention too, it's very good and a great fit for the comic.

Man, I never expected Vision to be my favorite Marvel comic but here we are.

http://www.geekrex.com/2015/11/revie...beautiful.html

This review brings up some really interesting points.

I have another of those geeky indicia questions.

Marvel's solicits and previews have been calling this 'The Vision' but suddenly their website and many of the online databases and shops are calling it just 'Vision' despite a 'the' in the title design. Does the paper version's indicia have a 'the' or not?

I haven't read it yet but I feel like it's going to be a really good book.... So is it enough for me to not want to read it because I know somewhere down th line Marvel is going to kill them all off?..... except Vision of course.. :/
    I'm blogging reviews again [Comics I Like] : http://comicsilike.blogspot.com/

I've done an X Fan Fic [Agency-X] : http://agencyxfanfic.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    This was extremely interesting. Really reads more like a sci-fi/Twilight Zone story than a superhero one, which is all good.

Also, looks like Vision's wife was modeled after spoilers:
    Wanda
    end of spoilers. Yeah, that will end well.
    There really isn't anyone else he would model his wife after.

So about this issue's surprise guest...doesn't he still have his Horseman powers? Meaning he can't be killed by normal means?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    There really isn't anyone else he would model his wife after.

So about this issue's surprise guest...doesn't he still have his Horseman powers? Meaning he can't be killed by normal means?
    I'm just laughing at how he still had his tacky 80s costume on. Talk about nostalgia!

Quote Originally Posted by joybeans View Post
    http://www.geekrex.com/2015/11/revie...beautiful.html

This review brings up some really interesting points.
    That third-person narration was really what worked for me. I didn't actually get why I was reading the comic differently for a bit till I realised the different pov voice being used. It's reminiscent of listening to the Twilight Zone narrator, which is so appropriate!