View Poll Results: Who’s your FAVOURITE Thunderbolts writer?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kurt Busiek

67 45.89%
  • Fabian Nicieza

24 16.44%
  • Warren Ellis

31 21.23%
  • Andy Diggle

1 0.68%
  • Jeff Parker

14 9.59%
  • Daniel Way

0 0%
  • Charles Soule

7 4.79%
  • Ben Acker & Ben Blacker

2 1.37%
Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Cool Very HAPPY 56th Birthday, Kurt Busiek!

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    THANK YOU Mr. Busiek for your thoughtful approach to continuity AND understanding of story ;

http://comicsalliance.com/tribute-kurt-busiek/

Best wishes for the future Mr. Busiek!
    http://www.comicsreporter.com/index....y_kurt_busiek/

Whats the current status of the t-bolts? Is Zemo around and leading them anymore?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    Whats the current status of the t-bolts? Is Zemo around and leading them anymore?
    Actually it's Bucky/Winter Soldier who's in charge of the current T-Bolts.....consisting of former members Fixer, Moonstone, Atlas, MACH X & a new (and very 'young') super-being called Kobik. The circumstances of how this all occurred happened within the AVENGERS STANDOFF Event.

....As for Baron Zemo, recent issues of STEVE ROGERS: CAPTAIN AMERICA hold those answers concerning his fate.

Astonishing Member

Previously, yours truly has posted the following.....

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Actually it's Bucky/Winter Soldier who's in charge of the current T-Bolts.....consisting of former members Fixer, Moonstone, Atlas, MACH X & a new (and very 'young') super-being called Kobik. The circumstances of how this all occurred happened within the AVENGERS STANDOFF Event....
    Well, it appears that everybody's greatest wish will finally come true; thanks to the December Solicts for Marvel....!

So I've been catching up on t-bolts, I'm about at the time when it switched to Dark Avengers. I know at some point a new t-bolts led by Red Hulk and Punisher takes over, but that doesn't seem very interesting, a true least from a traditional t-bolts perspective.

I didn't read Standoff yet. Is Bucky's team a little more normal? Is WS taking on Hawkeye's old role?

Astonishing Member

I didn't read Standoff yet. Is Bucky's team a little more normal? Is WS taking on Hawkeye's old role?
    Yes and No........ since Bucky's/WS's mission was him taking on what Nick Fury was doing (as revealed within the ORIGINAL SIN Miniseries) & he's using the T-Bolts to help him out, which is not easy especially with Kobik along with them.

Looks like Songbird's coming back to the team, judging by recent solicits .
    So I've been catching up on t-bolts, I'm about at the time when it switched to Dark Avengers. I know at some point a new t-bolts led by Red Hulk and Punisher takes over, but that doesn't seem very interesting, a true least from a traditional t-bolts perspective.

Bucky's team is the classic roster doing covert ops good guy stuff, and he's basically in Hawkeye's role of managing the team and directing them towards doing good and acting like heroes.

Is the current creative team anything like the classics from Busiek, Bagley, Nicieza and Grummet?

Astonishing Member

There's a special mini-reunion moment of the T-Bolts within Today's POWER MAN & IRON FIST #8

Incredible Member

Is the current creative team anything like the classics from Busiek, Bagley, Nicieza and Grummet?
    Not in my opinion, having purchased and read the first couple of issues and then dropping the book.

The feeling that I got from it was that they were banking on the popularity of the classic TBolts run to cover up flaws in writing, plotting, characterization, motivation, and artwork.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhudrew View Post
    Not in my opinion, having purchased and read the first couple of issues and then dropping the book.

The feeling that I got from it was that they were banking on the popularity of the classic TBolts run to cover up flaws in writing, plotting, characterization, motivation, and artwork.
    Well thats depressing. I was looking forward to something that was true to the original series.

VERY much so; especially in Moonstone's characterisation. She's back, baby, she's back!!!
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    She's back, baby, she's back!!!
    Good News!!!!!

Last edited by Winterboy; 09-26-2016 at 01:11 PM.
    "Who wouldn't go out with the Black Widow? I'd strangle a litter of kittens for one dinner with her!"
    Adrian Toomes aka the Vulture

"Natasha Romanoff, A.K.A. Black Widow - ex-KGB, formerly with S.H.I.E.L.D...Probably the brains of this operation.I have followed her career, and she has been consistently UNDERRATED."

Are we talking about Moonstone, Songbird or the Thunderbolts in general?

All-New Member

I think the writing is good and it's been very enjoyable. The art isn't bad but it seems to be trying to emulate Rob Liefeld.