View Poll Results: Who’s your FAVOURITE Thunderbolts writer?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kurt Busiek

67 45.89%
  • Fabian Nicieza

24 16.44%
  • Warren Ellis

31 21.23%
  • Andy Diggle

1 0.68%
  • Jeff Parker

14 9.59%
  • Daniel Way

0 0%
  • Charles Soule

7 4.79%
  • Ben Acker & Ben Blacker

2 1.37%
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Preview cover for the upcoming Avengers Undercover. Looks EPIC!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SXVA View Post
    I have seriously enjoyed Soule's Thunderbolts SOOOOOO much lol... what a ride.
    I feel like he was handed a weak overall team though, imagine if the team was better. They're formidable but lack a bit of intrigue and excitement. Could've used a bit more zany diversity in the team.
    I don't have much experience with the other Thunderbolts, so... not a lot to compare to really.
    QUOTED FOR TRUTH!! I think he's done very well with what he was handled, not AS GOOD as Jeff Parker did when he was handed Diggle's Assassinbolts; BUT I do like what Soule's done. Would have LOVE to see him write Moonstone I think he team did need a little more "classic" T-bolts. Moonstone would have been perfect (due to her history with Ross), and Daken would have been good. Ghost too. And Erik O'Grady. Really he needed to bump Punisher or Deadpool for a traditional Thunderbolt (though I do love his Deadpool).

Quote Originally Posted by Mooper Films View Post
    Yeah, and I really enjoyed Charcoal and I was an entree too but I read the fine print "Legally your character is then property of Marvel Comics Inc." Charlie going villain again would have worked because being a super hero, he ended killing his own father, couldn't save his team members or anything. After that, Charlie would have been: "Forget this, I'm back in it for myself." Similar to what happened to the Constrictor after Siege.
    It's a shame we never got to see Fabian's story for Charcoal; because he wanted to have Charlie become the "opposite Thunderbolt", a hero who descended into villainy. Pity, a very cool concept, playing with the idea of what is a Thunderbolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Preview cover for the upcoming Avengers Undercover. Looks EPIC!!!

QUOTED FOR TRUTH!! I think he's done very well with what he was handled, not AS GOOD as Jeff Parker did when he was handed Diggle's Assassinbolts; BUT I do like what Soule's done. Would have LOVE to see him write Moonstone I think he team did need a little more "classic" T-bolts. Moonstone would have been perfect (due to her history with Ross), and Daken would have been good. Ghost too. And Erik O'Grady. Really he needed to bump Punisher or Deadpool for a traditional Thunderbolt (though I do love his Deadpool).

It's a shame we never got to see Fabian's story for Charcoal; because he wanted to have Charlie become the "opposite Thunderbolt", a hero who descended into villainy. Pity, a very cool concept, playing with the idea of what is a Thunderbolt.
    Haha. Indeed @ his Deadpool.... Something about Deadpool being naked under his suit and going for a nude swim in those monster infested waters like it was no big deal, a few issues back had me laughing so hard for like 3-5min straight.

I agree with your list, that certainly would've made the team more intriguing... i'd love to see Deadpool stay though, he's been so funny.

BANNED

imo, Digglebolts was missing a couple of things - 1) the classic t-bolts should have become a problem for Osborn (not just Songbird) and 2) they seriously needed the real Yelena Belova around

beyond that, i think that Ghost, Headsman, Paladin, and O'Grady had plenty of story potential. there was some bonding going on, there.

Fantastic Member Jumpoff AKA JohnnyBlazed's Avatar

Rockslide's somewhat similar (in powers), you should check him out if you haven't already. He's awesome, though more cheerful than poor Charlie (not that Charlie had much to be happy about, considering).
    Naw I'm allergic to X-books, I had enough of them in the 90's .

THUNDERBOLTS #29

Haha. Indeed @ his Deadpool.... Something about Deadpool being naked under his suit and going for a nude swim in those monster infested waters like it was no big deal, a few issues back had me laughing so hard for like 3-5min straight.
    That was hilarious!

I agree with your list, that certainly would've made the team more intriguing... i'd love to see Deadpool stay though, he's been so funny.
    The team does need more traditional Thunderbolts to link it more, I hope the new writers bring some in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
    imo, Digglebolts was missing a couple of things - 1) the classic t-bolts should have become a problem for Osborn (not just Songbird) and 2) they seriously needed the real Yelena Belova around
    The last page of Diggle's run had her back... and we never learnt more of that till she suddenly appeared in Secret Avengers (Nick Spencer loves his Thunderbolts history). I would love to have her join Rulk's crew!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
    beyond that, i think that Ghost, Headsman, Paladin, and O'Grady had plenty of story potential. there was some bonding going on, there.
    I'm thrilled Parker kept Ghost around, but I really want Black Ant back!

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpoff AKA JohnnyBlazed View Post
    Naw I'm allergic to X-books, I had enough of them in the 90's .
    Awww, missing out. They are soooo good right now!
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 05-21-2014 at 05:32 AM.

This always makes me chuckle...

From Superior Foes of Spiderman

I think all Zemo fans will be pleased about this; and breadth a sign of relief Hopeless seems to "get" Fabian's amazing Zemo work.
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=53126

DENNIS HOPELESS: I love Zemo's moral ambiguity. Helmut has never been evil for evil's sake. Sure, his father was a Nazi and he sort of dresses like a Nazi, but this is a complicated man. He's a self-interested pragmatist who's capable of just about anything if properly motivated. But his is a practical brand of villainy that makes a certain amount of sense. It makes him relatable. Relatable villains are a lot more fun to write.
    [MORE IN LINK]

Man, it's good to see Zemo getting any kind of attention. Especially in the capacity they're showing him over in Avengers Undercover. Now, I just wish folks like Songbird would show up more often.

Thoughts on Thunderbolts #26 and Superior Foes of Spiderman #14. Loved SFoS, but felt it was a little "tredding done ground"; and as for Tbolts... meh. A decent arc, but nothing too exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    Man, it's good to see Zemo getting any kind of attention. Especially in the capacity they're showing him over in Avengers Undercover.
    QUOTED FOR TRUTH!

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    Now, I just wish folks like Songbird would show up more often.
    Ain't that the truth! But where too add them? Songbird to Avengers World, Moonstone to Secret Avengers?

I really, REALLY liked Thunderbolts #26. The arc as a whole was decent, but I especially enjoyed that issue. A huge thanks to Charles Soule for breathing life into the book. I'll miss him on it.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

This always makes me chuckle...

From Superior Foes of Spiderman
    LOLOLOL... which issue of Superior Foes was this in? That's priceless.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    LOLOLOL... which issue of Superior Foes was this in? That's priceless.
    Superior Foes of Spiderman #7; it's an issue that focuses solely on the Beetle's back-story (we find out she's Tombstone's daughter, a former lawyer, it was awesome). More from that scene...

I think all Zemo fans will be pleased about this; and breadth a sign of relief Hopeless seems to "get" Fabian's amazing Zemo work.
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=53126

DENNIS HOPELESS: I love Zemo's moral ambiguity. Helmut has never been evil for evil's sake. Sure, his father was a Nazi and he sort of dresses like a Nazi, but this is a complicated man. He's a self-interested pragmatist who's capable of just about anything if properly motivated. But his is a practical brand of villainy that makes a certain amount of sense. It makes him relatable. Relatable villains are a lot more fun to write.
    This is really great. I love me some morally ambiguous Zemo.
    I've been enjoying AU so far and it's good that Hopeless as you say seems to get him.

As for Thunderbolts. I've enjoyed every incarnation of the team except for the one lead by Thunderbolt Ross. Ross himself, Punisher, Flash Thompson. These are all characters that kill any interest I have in the book.
    I hope it'll get a new line-up soon. Hopefully something more classic Thunderbolts.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Superior Foes of Spiderman #7; it's an issue that focuses solely on the Beetle's back-story (we find out she's Tombstone's daughter, a former lawyer, it was awesome). More from that scene...
    Thanks. I thought that was Fixer. I'm picking up 29 for the cheesy factor of possibly Punisher vs. Ghost Rider, but I haven't read any ThunderBolts since Kev Walker left the book. No disrespect to the current creators, but I miss the previous team of T-Bolts.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I miss Songbird, Mach, Atlas & Fixer. Moonstone too if she is playing off these four. I do wish someone would have picked them up and used them after their run of Tbolts ended.