View Poll Results: Who’s your FAVOURITE Thunderbolts writer?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kurt Busiek

67 45.89%
  • Fabian Nicieza

24 16.44%
  • Warren Ellis

31 21.23%
  • Andy Diggle

1 0.68%
  • Jeff Parker

14 9.59%
  • Daniel Way

0 0%
  • Charles Soule

7 4.79%
  • Ben Acker & Ben Blacker

2 1.37%
Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 29353637383940414243 ... LastLast

where can they go from here? is there even a place for the Thunderbolts in the Legacy environment? is someone going to rescue Jolt? what was Ghost even doing out there? Mel and Abe: status?

Didn't Ghost already save Jolt, she just needs time to recharge? And he was following Mel, who thinks Abe is dead (his Mach X armor was destroyed, I expect he'll be Mach XII or something next time we see him). Anyway, when they show up again, they'll probably just have resolved it off panel. Abe and Hallie will both show up alive and well. Maybe those two and Mel could all join one of the secondary Avengers teams. Young or Champions for Hallie, New or Uncanny for the others. Heck, it was a missed opportunity not to use Songbird in No Surrender. Both Ewing and Zub have written Mel recently so she would've fitted in easily.

Legacy is a massive bomb and will not last enough for the release of a Thunderbolts book.
    Songbird Appreciation Thread

Support Flintstones & Future Quest.

Honestly, after Zub's pitch for another run got turned down, I wouldn't expect another T-Bolts run for at least a year. But that's no reason why the members can't join other teams. Especially Mel.

Frankly, it's for the best that the Thunderbolts characters are in the limbo, so they can't be ruined with the terrible editorial disarray. Let's wait for Cebulski to settle in the position and try to steer the ship.
    Songbird Appreciation Thread

Support Flintstones & Future Quest.

Fixer and Moonstone turned up in DEFENDERS #8 yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Fixer and Moonstone turned up in DEFENDERS #8 yesterday.
    there's a Defenders book? what were they doing?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    there's a Defenders book? what were they doing?
    spoilers:
    Playing cards with Titania, as Diamondback walks in and is explaining about how Wilson Fisk became the Kingpin in this very room they're in.
    end of spoilers

.....And Norbert and Karla weren't the only T-Bolts there if you think about it for a moment.
    Last edited by PaxHouse; 12-22-2017 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    spoilers:
    Playing cards with Titania, as Diamondback walks in and is explaining about how Wilson Fisk became the Kingpin in this very room they're in.
    end of spoilers

.....And Norbert and Karla weren't the only T-Bolts there if you think about it for a moment.
    interesting. thanks. it somewhat feels as if Secret Empire didn't happen; sometimes. I guess that I was expecting fallout for the Thunderbolts.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    spoilers:
    end of spoilers

You mean Luke Cage, of course.

The hook I could come up with now is to have a group of C-list heroes "break bad" due to tragedies or personal crises, and form a public heroic group but in secret they decide to do crime. I have no idea who would be the members, though. ???

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You mean Luke Cage, of course.
    ......As well as DP and Frank Castle {from General Ross'/Red Hulk's Team, of course}.....

this likely means nothing. but has anyone else been keeping track of the recent villain "reformations?" 3 prominent examples:

Shocker - Herman's attention seemed to spike when Rogue (another villain-gone-good; in the vein of Screaming Mimi) acted as a character witness, at his post-Secret Empire trial

Thunderball - a continuation of his Illuminati story/wanting to be more than a member of the Wrecking Crew and his recent recruitment by Wakanda (worked for Nightshade)

Titania - as a continuation of her Illuminati story and a possible reaction to Crusher's heroic death

anyone I missed? I would have included Lady Stilt-Man. but I think she may have backslid; from what I've read on another thread.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    this likely means nothing. but has anyone else been keeping track of the recent villain "reformations?" 3 prominent examples:

Shocker - Herman's attention seemed to spike when Rogue (another villain-gone-good; in the vein of Screaming Mimi) acted as a character witness, at his post-Secret Empire trial

Thunderball - a continuation of his Illuminati story/wanting to be more than a member of the Wrecking Crew and his recent recruitment by Wakanda (worked for Nightshade)

Titania - as a continuation of her Illuminati story and a possible reaction to Crusher's heroic death

anyone I missed? I would have included Lady Stilt-Man. but I think she may have backslid; from what I've read on another thread.
    No one followed up with it but after Blizzard discovered he has the Inhuman gene he saw it as a chance of a new life, and wanted to get out of the villain business.

Quote Originally Posted by Noek View Post
    No one followed up with it but after Blizzard discovered he has the Inhuman gene he saw it as a chance of a new life, and wanted to get out of the villain business.
    from memory, Stark placed him in a holographic prison (sort of like that Jude Law movie Repo Men). then he was used as part of a villain team (alongside Gravitron & Nitro) in the short-lived Starbrand/Nightmask series. but he has attempted to reform; several times in his career. he was barely out of high school when he became Blizzard. so he has few prospects outside of being a henchman.