View Poll Results: Who’s your FAVOURITE Thunderbolts writer?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kurt Busiek

67 45.89%
  • Fabian Nicieza

24 16.44%
  • Warren Ellis

31 21.23%
  • Andy Diggle

1 0.68%
  • Jeff Parker

14 9.59%
  • Daniel Way

0 0%
  • Charles Soule

7 4.79%
  • Ben Acker & Ben Blacker

2 1.37%
Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I miss Songbird, Mach, Atlas & Fixer. Moonstone too if she is playing off these four. I do wish someone would have picked them up and used them after their run of Tbolts ended.

You should be reading Superior Foes of Spider-Man. None of the classic Bolts have huge roles but MACH# is Boomerang’s parole officer and Zemo and Fixer are used to hilarious effect in the new Beetle’s origin story flashback.

I miss Songbird, Mach, Atlas & Fixer. Moonstone too if she is playing off these four. I do wish someone would have picked them up and used them after their run of Tbolts ended.
    What Beacon said, if you have not checked out Superior Foes of Spider Man, please do so, past Thunderbolts members (such as Songbird, Atlas, Moonstone et al) have been shown in flashbacks, (case in point Baron Zemo and Fixer shown in {She}Beetle's story was indeed hilarious) and dream sequences (Troll appeared as a bridesmaid { LOL gold} ). Speaking of Baron Zemo, you might want to check out Avengers Undercover with characters like Baron Zemo & Constrictor (who would have been an amazing Thunderbolt) & Daimon Hellstorm as supporting characters (with Zemo & Constrictor, I wonder if Songbird & Diamondback will inevitably show up in AU, hey fights between ex significant others are fun, especially if kids are involved } )
    Last edited by Blu_Spyder; 06-10-2014 at 01:16 PM.

BANNED

how has Karla stayed off of the radar, so long? and i'd really love to know what happened immediately after the last roster of Dark Avengers arrived back in the 616. is John Walker alive? it seems unlikely; considering how cut-throat June Covington was. maybe Karla and Clor eloped.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I will check it out!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by kieran_frost View Post

I will cut off your uvula!!!!!!

What's everyone's thoughts of Ben Acker & Ben Blacker taking over the book with the upcoming issue? I haven't read a lot of Thunderbolts lately but a new creative team might and a light week might just make me add it to my pull.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    As for Thunderbolts. I've enjoyed every incarnation of the team except for the one lead by Thunderbolt Ross. Ross himself, Punisher, Flash Thompson. These are all characters that kill any interest I have in the book.
    This is how I feel. For the first time since Fightbolts I considered dropping the comic; it's just not Thunderbolts (much like Fightbolts). I consider Superior Foes of Spiderman the "true" successors to Jeff Parker's run.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I hope it'll get a new line-up soon. Hopefully something more classic Thunderbolts.
    Quoted for truth!!!

READ: Superior Foes of Spiderman!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BaneofKings View Post
    What's everyone's thoughts of Ben Acker & Ben Blacker taking over the book with the upcoming issue? I haven't read a lot of Thunderbolts lately but a new creative team might and a light week might just make me add it to my pull.
    I'm gonna give it a try, but if it doesn't SERIOUSLY change up the forumla/concept soon, I'll drop the comic. It's just not Thunderbolts. Hawkeye possibly coming back is a MAJOR step in the right direction (as is getting rid of Punisher).

Quote Originally Posted by BaneofKings View Post
    I think it'll be an interesting opportunity to shake-up both the cast and concept of the title.

I agree with Kieran on this one Superior Foes of Spider Man, and Avengers Undercover are pretty much the successors of The (Classic) Thunderbolts, And I third a line up change for the 'Bolts featuring old school Thunderbolts, or characters that fit the classi-Thunderbolts mold (I'd welcome an "Uncanny Avengers" meets Ales Kot's Suicide Squad/Warren Ellis type Thunderbolts with Songbird, Polaris, Quick Silver,( of X-Factor) Speedball, Diamondback, Mimic, Weapon Omega, William Burnside (in the Scourge outfit Nuke wore in Thunderbolts) under the direction of Val Cooper & the CSA, and assisting Val Cooper, none other than the Dark Beast) In the mean time I'll read & enjoy Superior Foes of Spider Man & Avengers Undercover.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    I think it'll be an interesting opportunity to shake-up both the cast and concept of the title.
    Agreed. Elektra and Red Leader are the only two I'd keep (Deadpool is awesome, but he's elsewhere; and I'd prefer Robbie Reyes if we have a Ghost Rider).

Quote Originally Posted by Blu_Spyder View Post
    I agree with Kieran on this one Superior Foes of Spider Man, and Avengers Undercover are pretty much the successors of The (Classic) Thunderbolts, And I third a line up change for the 'Bolts featuring old school Thunderbolts, or characters that fit the classi-Thunderbolts mold (I'd welcome an "Uncanny Avengers" meets Ales Kot's Suicide Squad/Warren Ellis type Thunderbolts with Songbird, Polaris, Quick Silver,( of X-Factor) Speedball, Diamondback, Mimic, Weapon Omega, William Burnside (in the Scourge outfit Nuke wore in Thunderbolts) under the direction of Val Cooper & the CSA, and assisting Val Cooper, none other than the Dark Beast) In the mean time I'll read & enjoy Superior Foes of Spider Man & Avengers Undercover.
    Songbird joining All New X-factor would be AMAZING! I'd personally: replace Ross with Hawkeye, keep Elektra and Red Leader (our Fixer), bringing in Trauma (our Moonstone), Lascivious (our Songbird) and someone for fire-power.... hmmmmm, either Skein, Cyclone, Blizzard or... some other former Thunderbolt. I'd not want to steal from Superior Foes of Spiderman or upset the flow in Avengers Undercover, but do need a few classics back (WAIT -- anyone but Atlas, he's terrible).

A link to issue Superior Foes of Spiderman #12 discussion by CBR posters:
    http://community.comicbookresources....767#post182767

One last ditch attempt to get old Thunderbolt fans to read Superior Foes of Spiderman, here's Spencer showing his Tbolts knowledge:

And the new "Sinister Sixteen" adds Grizzly and Cyclone, two "former" Thunderbolts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Agreed. Elektra and Red Leader are the only two I'd keep (Deadpool is awesome, but he's elsewhere; and I'd prefer Robbie Reyes if we have a Ghost Rider).

Songbird joining All New X-factor would be AMAZING! I'd personally: replace Ross with Hawkeye, keep Elektra and Red Leader (our Fixer), bringing in Trauma (our Moonstone), Lascivious (our Songbird) and someone for fire-power.... hmmmmm, either Skein, Cyclone, Blizzard or... some other former Thunderbolt. I'd not want to steal from Superior Foes of Spiderman or upset the flow in Avengers Undercover, but do need a few classics back (WAIT -- anyone but Atlas, he's terrible).
    I would love to see Elektra, Moonstone, and Melissa play off of one another

Soooooooooooooooooooo HAPPY!!! INSPECTOR!!!! (also... yey, still not cancelled)

THE SUPERIOR FOES OF SPIDER-MAN #15
    NICK SPENCER (w) • STEVE LIEBER (A/c)
    Still not CANCELLED!
    • GANG WAR begins here. You know it’s a big deal because we put it in caps!
    • Everyone gets in a big fight over the head of Silvio Silvermane. Lives are lost, feelings are hurt, and car keys get misplaced!
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    I would love to see Elektra, Moonstone, and Melissa play off of one another
    OH MY GODDESS! That would be incredible!!! I could 1000% see Clint bringing these two in to help him whip the team into shape.

BANNED

So I finally got around to reading the whole thing (from 1-175) along with the annuals, extras, etc... and the one thing that bothers me is this: At the end of "Born Better" you have a Zemo who's willing to be a hero. After that, we heard nothing from him or Wendell (i think) and then he pops up in the Cap title in 2011, getting revenge over Bucky. His motivation there I understand but now,in Avengers Undercover he's back to his evil old deeds. It completely erases the work done in BB, and reverts him back to a bad guy (yeah, yeah his speech about them giving him the "villain" name was good but it didn't convince me). IMHO after Punisher leaves the team it should get a major makeover and bring back the classic guys and more importantly, gals. Just wanted to get that out of my system.