View Poll Results: Who’s your FAVOURITE Thunderbolts writer?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kurt Busiek

67 45.89%
  • Fabian Nicieza

24 16.44%
  • Warren Ellis

31 21.23%
  • Andy Diggle

1 0.68%
  • Jeff Parker

14 9.59%
  • Daniel Way

0 0%
  • Charles Soule

7 4.79%
  • Ben Acker & Ben Blacker

2 1.37%
Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31373839404142434445 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Seriously, there must be plans. There has to be!
    I doubt, not enough legacy characters in the team.
    Songbird Appreciation Thread

Support Flintstones & Future Quest.

If nothing's planned, why hype the characters with these 101 videos? The last three in a row were Thunderbolts.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

like i said, Titania, Thunderball, and Shocker have all had recent storylines involving redemption (or, at least, a softening of their villainy). and who knows what will become of Constrictor's kid.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 01-25-2018 at 08:01 PM.

If nothing's planned, why hype the characters with these 101 videos? The last three in a row were Thunderbolts.
    My question is, if the series wasn't going to actually go anywhere and instead just abruptly end like it did, what the hell was the point of bringing back Jolt,writing Songbird out of New/USAvengers to put her on the team and ending the final issue the way they did with Ghost picking up the shrunken Jolt and Songbird wandering in the Arctic like it was just a 'to be continued' rather than the end? Even with books that are prematurely canceled, you can tell the last issue is the last, but with this one, it feels like they might as well have faded to black mid sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    My question is, if the series wasn't going to actually go anywhere and instead just abruptly end like it did, what the hell was the point of bringing back Jolt,writing Songbird out of New/USAvengers to put her on the team and ending the final issue the way they did with Ghost picking up the shrunken Jolt and Songbird wandering in the Arctic like it was just a 'to be continued' rather than the end? Even with books that are prematurely canceled, you can tell the last issue is the last, but with this one, it feels like they might as well have faded to black mid sentence.
    i would have been satisfied if they had left the Ghost/Jolt stuff out of it, entirely. the idea was that a couple of the T-bolts were waiting for their opportunity to get away from Bucky/his mission. Erik basically did what was necessary to survive. they should have been better utilized during Secret Empire; same with Abe and Mel. as it is, we got even less of the originals during Secret Empire than we did during Dark Reign.

Last year we had the 20th anniversary, the ongoing was a tie-in for the mega summer event and they appeared in cartoons and games and it amounted to diddly-squat.

Maybe in phase 15 of MCU or something...not that I would be interested in MCU version of Tbolts to be honest...

I'll only like to see a Thunderbolts movie if it follows a format like the first Iron Man or Winter Soldier and not the post IM3 mold where all character moments are swapped with non-stop quips.

Astonishing Member

A slight reminder that this week will see the release of TALES OF SUSPENSE #100, where one of the past Leaders of the T-Bolts (Clint Barton/Hawkeye) will be involved with the recent one (FKA Bucky and CKA Winter Soldier) in solving a mystery Post SECRET INVASION.
    .......And here're the Following Preview Pages of TALES OF SUSPENSE #101; starring Two of the former Leaders of the T-Bolts........

Astonishing Member

Previously, yours truly has posted the Following.....

.......And here're the Following Preview Pages of TALES OF SUSPENSE #101; starring Two of the former Leaders of the T-Bolts........
    Well, Today's TALES OF SUSSPENSE #101 concludes the Second Chapter with a very revealing twist to the story, much to the surprise of both Hawkeye & Winter Soldier......And yes, spoilers:
    Yelena Bolena, who was impersonaling Natasha/Black Widow
    end of spoilers was also connected to the T-Bolts.......

......And speaking of T-Bolts; The two that were previously seen within DEFENDERS #8 were again seen within Issue #9 {released Today}..........
    Last edited by PaxHouse; 01-31-2018 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Corrected Issue #.

i wonder if she is still aspoilers:
    Super-Adaptoid
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    i wonder if she is still aspoilers:
    Super-Adaptoid
    end of spoilers
    Not very likely; since spoilers:
    she was wearing a wig that came off, instead of having whatever powers that would've allowed Yelena to shape-sift/"disguised" her face
    end of spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Not very likely; since spoilers:
    she was wearing a wig that came off, instead of having whatever powers that would've allowed Yelena to shape-sift/"disguised" her face
    end of spoilers.
    I thought that that black widow was dispatched at the end of Secret Avengers by Nick Spencer & Ales Kot
    Speaking of Secret Avengers I would be up for a Secret Avengers series with Songbird, Mach X (assuming Abe didn't die in that explosion within the HQ at the end of Thunderbolts 12 (Zub & Malin) Ghost, Jolt, Black Ant, Task Master & Diamondback (Rachel) since Marvel is not doing anything with the Thunderbolts title, and Marvel turned down Jim Zub's pitch to continue Thunderbolts , so Secret Avengers by Jim Zub with cast that I listed, problem solved.
    Meet the new Blu_Spyder,
    same as the old Arachne_Azure

"If Life doesn't give you some sugar to go with the lemons
    your lemonade is gonna suck
    "

I wonder what the movie will mean for Ghost. will the former t-bolt come back into prominence. or will he next appear as a woman (and, speculatively, a relative of Bill Foster --totally uncomfirmed)?

Quote Originally Posted by Blu_Spyder View Post
    I thought that that black widow was dispatched at the end of Secret Avengers by Nick Spencer & Ales Kot
    Speaking of Secret Avengers I would be up for a Secret Avengers series with Songbird, Mach X (assuming Abe didn't die in that explosion within the HQ at the end of Thunderbolts 12 (Zub & Malin) Ghost, Jolt, Black Ant, Task Master & Diamondback (Rachel) since Marvel is not doing anything with the Thunderbolts title, and Marvel turned down Jim Zub's pitch to continue Thunderbolts , so Secret Avengers by Jim Zub with cast that I listed, problem solved.
    I'd be down for that lineup. but I don't expect to see Rachel any time soon. I wonder what she thinks about someone else running around in Frank's costume. and it's a safe assumption that Abe didn't die. he's appearing in Old Man Hawkeye; as a villain. as for the roster, I'm genuinely expecting to see Thunderball, Titania, and/or Shocker become Thunderbolts. I'm not sure that Herman officially made the grade; despite keeping the thunderbolt-belt.
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 01-31-2018 at 03:51 PM.