View Poll Results: Who’s your FAVOURITE Thunderbolts writer?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kurt Busiek

67 45.89%
  • Fabian Nicieza

24 16.44%
  • Warren Ellis

31 21.23%
  • Andy Diggle

1 0.68%
  • Jeff Parker

14 9.59%
  • Daniel Way

0 0%
  • Charles Soule

7 4.79%
  • Ben Acker & Ben Blacker

2 1.37%
Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    So I finally got around to reading the whole thing (from 1-175) along with the annuals, extras, etc... and the one thing that bothers me is this: At the end of "Born Better" you have a Zemo who's willing to be a hero. After that, we heard nothing from him or Wendell (i think) and then he pops up in the Cap title in 2011, getting revenge over Bucky.
    Yeah, missing the point of Zemo's character arc and throwing Nomad's life away are my only two problems with that Cap run.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
    Yeah, missing the point of Zemo's character arc and throwing Nomad's life away are my only two problems with that Cap run.
    Exactly. I kinda got the reason behind the Bucky thing but current full blown villain Zemo is not that interesting and quite frankly, it doesn't make any sense. What I'd like to see is a new team containing both new and old members, going after Osborn for tarnishing the T-Bolts name.

For a long while it was Nicieza but I've switched over to Parker, he made me love a Luke Cage led Thunderbolts team when I was certain I'd hate it and his arcs just before and during Siege with Diggle's team were almost brilliant.

A damn shame his run ended with him trying to redeem that second and technically worst Dark Avengers team as viable characters.

So I finally got around to reading the whole thing (from 1-175) along with the annuals, extras, etc...
    YEY! Welcome to the thread and Thunderbolt fandom. What was your favourite arc? And who was your favourite character?

and the one thing that bothers me is this: At the end of "Born Better" you have a Zemo who's willing to be a hero. After that, we heard nothing from him or Wendell (i think) and then he pops up in the Cap title in 2011, getting revenge over Bucky. His motivation there I understand but now,in Avengers Undercover he's back to his evil old deeds. It completely erases the work done in BB, and reverts him back to a bad guy (yeah, yeah his speech about them giving him the "villain" name was good but it didn't convince me).
    We haven't seen Wendell since, no.

IMHO after Punisher leaves the team it should get a major makeover and bring back the classic guys and more importantly, gals. Just wanted to get that out of my system.
    I think a lot have been calling for this; this will be the third group of writers to try and make this team work; and I think Marvel need to just count their chickens and try bringing back some classic 'bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
    Exactly. I kinda got the reason behind the Bucky thing but current full blown villain Zemo is not that interesting and quite frankly, it doesn't make any sense. What I'd like to see is a new team containing both new and old members, going after Osborn for tarnishing the T-Bolts name.
    I don't know; I adored Zemo's change, but so far I've not seen anything that actually "undoes" Fabian's work. Zemo wasn't going to be an out-and-out hero after Zemo: Born Better, but he would be an anti-hero. In No Escape (Cap's arc) he was just that. He made Bucky WORTHY of the mantle; ultimately it was for good (just in unheroic ways = perfect anti-hero). And in Avengers Undercover... again, we haven't seen anything that directly difutes Fabian's work (i.e. the next writer wouldn't really need to do any "explaining" if he's in another comic being an anti-hero).

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    I would love to see Elektra, Moonstone, and Melissa play off of one another
    Oh that would be fun! Elektra is kind of "the midway" between Moonstone and Songbird; it would be very awesome to see them interact and do missions together.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellman View Post
    For a long while it was Nicieza but I've switched over to Parker, he made me love a Luke Cage led Thunderbolts team when I was certain I'd hate it and his arcs just before and during Siege with Diggle's team were almost brilliant.
    I too voted for Jeff Parker over Fabian. They are my two favourite runs, but I adored ALL of Parker's team (where as Fabian used Atlas waaaay too much for my liking). Here is one of my favourite imaged from Parker's run, when the originals meet their future selves.

Quote Originally Posted by Wellman View Post
    A damn shame his run ended with him trying to redeem that second and technically worst Dark Avengers team as viable characters.
    I think Jeff Parker did a good job with the hand he was dealt. He made June Covington VERY epic and skilled; and I liked his Ai Apaec and Trickshot too. Plus he made Moonstone even more powerful (now she can be invisible too) in that run.

A lovely image of two Thunderbolts members by the wonderfully talented Phil Noto, as well as one of my favorite covers of the new group

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    YEY! Welcome to the thread and Thunderbolt fandom. What was your favourite arc? And who was your favourite character?
    Favorite arc huh? I really enjoyed the Nicieza stuff. Parker was pretty darn great as well.Favorite character: Either Zemo or Moonstone.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    A lovely image of two Thunderbolts members by the wonderfully talented Phil Noto, as well as one of my favorite covers of the new group
    That's my favorite cover.. and Noto's Elektra is gorgeous.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    That's my favorite cover.. and Noto's Elektra is gorgeous.
    Indeed. Can you imagine an arc written by Soule and drawn by Noto? The second arc of the new group is sooo frustrating; it has the art, and the writing was almost going somewhere interesting but ultimately makes kt difficult to enjoy.

While I am posting covers, allow me to lament that this awesome dude is no longer doing the for Thunderbolts:

Thunderbolts #29, #30 and #31 will no longer be pencilled by Gerardo Sandoval. #29 and #31 will be pencilled by Kim Jacinto, #30 by Jorge Fornés.
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07/...solicitations/

For the best I think. I'm a fan of Sandoval's art most days, but Jacinto is a proven plus to have on the book.

Awesome! Jacinto's thunderbolt art was good. I'm glad they brought him back

Don't recall anything from Fornes though.. anyone know of anything he worked on recently?

just want to chime in for the return of the old bolts and Fabian, I can't believe he is not dooing anything for the big 2

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/07/...solicitations/

For the best I think. I'm a fan of Sandoval's art most days, but Jacinto is a proven plus to have on the book.
    This is fantastic. Didn't enjoy Sandoval's preview work for 28, but I really liked Jacinto's issue.

Previews from the upcoming Thunderbolts issue... not loving the fact it's "moody, silent" Hawkeye; but oh well. I do like how this makes perfect sense for him to get involved (based off last issue's mission).