View Poll Results: Who’s your FAVOURITE Thunderbolts writer?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kurt Busiek

67 45.89%
  • Fabian Nicieza

24 16.44%
  • Warren Ellis

31 21.23%
  • Andy Diggle

1 0.68%
  • Jeff Parker

14 9.59%
  • Daniel Way

0 0%
  • Charles Soule

7 4.79%
  • Ben Acker & Ben Blacker

2 1.37%
Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Lightbulb

Oh, forgot to post this, here's a link to the review thread for the latest issue of Superior Foes of Spiderman. It was BRILLIANT! (for far it has 100% votes giving it 5 out of 5).

http://community.comicbookresources....an-13-SPOILERS
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 07-23-2014 at 02:28 AM.

Late to the party, sorry. Can't say I'm too surprised, though I feel bad for the new creative team (they deserved more than 1 issue before it was announced it was ending).

"Thunderbolts" Slated to End in October with Issue #32
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=54086

If I had to put money on it, they were brought on board to end the series and they knew from the start it would end with this arc.

I'll miss it though... turned into a really fun book to read.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    If I had to put money on it, they were brought on board to end the series and they knew from the start it would end with this arc.
    Hmmmm... thinking about it, that makes a lot of sense. Oh well... hope they get a shot at a new project together soon.

Fantastic Member

I just think its a shame they dumped Charles Soule after he made Dan Way's mess readable.

Quote Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
    I just think its a shame they dumped Charles Soule after he made Dan Way's mess readable.
    They didn't dump him. If anything, they've rewarded him. It was his choice to leave the title.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    They didn't dump him. If anything, they've rewarded him. It was his choice to leave the title.
    Agreed.. he definitely left on his own accord. If he wasn't writing a million books and practicing law, I'm sure he'd have stayed on a little longer.

An interesting era....hopefully now we will get a more traditional Tbolts pitch....Zemo looks like he's free

Quote Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
    An interesting era....hopefully now we will get a more traditional Tbolts pitch....Zemo looks like he's free
    Not only are Baron Zemo, Hellstorm, and Constrictor free (Avengers Undercover is ending as of issue #10 ), but characters like Songbird, Task Master (he did not die at the end of Nick Spencer/Ales Kot's Secret Avengers) Arcade (he's not dead, read Avengers Undercover) Moonstone, Diamondback, and oh what the hey let's throw Robbie Baldwin/Speedball in this character gumbo (New Warriors as a series, is on borrowed time. Sad but true). Those listed characters would make an excellent cast for a new Thunderbolts series.

I agree, the next reboot should be a more tradition team.

Quote Originally Posted by Blu_Spyder View Post
    Not only are Baron Zemo, Hellstorm, and Constrictor free (Avengers Undercover is ending as of issue #10 ), but characters like Songbird, Task Master (he did not die at the end of Nick Spencer/Ales Kot's Secret Avengers) Arcade (he's not dead, read Avengers Undercover) Moonstone, Diamondback, and oh what the hey let's throw Robbie Baldwin/Speedball in this character gumbo (New Warriors as a series, is on borrowed time. Sad but true). Those listed characters would make an excellent cast for a new Thunderbolts series.
    Hmmmm... actually, LOVE the idea that the next team is a lot of AU adults. Arcade is a really interesting choice to join. Add Moonstone and Taskmaster to Zemo, Madam Masque, Constrictor and Arcade... that would be an EPIC team. Add Centurius too (he's too awesome to ignore).

Fantastic Member

Zemo and Centurius is a match made in Hell. I love it.

Zemo needs Fixer though. I know Norbert is lost in a timeloop but Zemo has as little respect for the laws of time as he does for any other laws.

I’d really love it if Spencer wrote it and takes some of the Superior Foes with him. Foes seems like a likely cancellation target but Spencer obviously gets the appeal of the classic Bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
    Zemo and Centurius is a match made in Hell. I love it.

Zemo needs Fixer though. I know Norbert is lost in a timeloop but Zemo has as little respect for the laws of time as he does for any other laws.

I’d really love it if Spencer wrote it and takes some of the Superior Foes with him. Foes seems like a likely cancellation target but Spencer obviously gets the appeal of the classic Bolts.
    I'm not sure. I LOVE Spencer's Superior Foes but I don't want him to basically do Superior Foes 2 with Thunderbolts. I'd actually like to see Kelly Sue deConnick have a crack at it. I'd also massively prefer Centurius over Fixer (they are similar characters). But either way... I just want some sort of classic team again.

BANNED

ok so can we bring back the previous Thunderbolts now?

Fantastic Member

I’m not suggesting that the entire cast move over to the main cast. The inaccurately numbered Sinister Six team is already pretty fractured so I figure who makes the jump depends on the All-New Thunderbolts’ mission statement. Still, any castoffs make for handy guest stars or antagonists.

As for Centurius vs Fixer…well I have to figure that Zemo prefers Fixer over Centurius regardless of what fans think. Helmut is a lot more sentimental than people give him credit for. Just look at his gift to Captain America in the Civil War arc.

I figure Centurius gets used as a pawn by Zemo to get his friend …er…”associate”, Fixer, back. Centurius sees the eventual portrayal coming a mile away and makes sure some of the others are loyal to him. Then we’ll have rival Thunderbolts teams again (which is another thing I missed about classic Bolts).

Oh, and Sandman can join whichever team is less objectively evil. His membership on the team is long overdue and it’s about time someone tried to fix the Byrne regression.

So I was a huge original Bolts fan and collected until the Red Hulk/Punisher Bolts book came out. So whatever happened to the original Bolts? I know they renamed it Dark Avengers, but what happened to the original Masters of Evil/whatever Bolts? Is there a series that I can still read about them? thank you.