View Poll Results: Who’s your FAVOURITE Thunderbolts writer?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kurt Busiek

67 45.89%
  • Fabian Nicieza

24 16.44%
  • Warren Ellis

31 21.23%
  • Andy Diggle

1 0.68%
  • Jeff Parker

14 9.59%
  • Daniel Way

0 0%
  • Charles Soule

7 4.79%
  • Ben Acker & Ben Blacker

2 1.37%
Page 7 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    So I was a huge original Bolts fan and collected until the Red Hulk/Punisher Bolts book came out. So whatever happened to the original Bolts? I know they renamed it Dark Avengers, but what happened to the original Masters of Evil/whatever Bolts? Is there a series that I can still read about them? thank you.
    Zemo is the bad guy in Avengers Undercover.

MACH-Whatever is a minor supporting character in Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

Fixer is stuck in a time loop.

I don't think Songbird or Moonstone have been seen since Jeff Parker's Dark Avengers ended.

Atlas shows up every now and then as part of a minor team but he's mostly been in limbo since Fabian left.

I think Jolt is still on Counter-Earth but I'm not sure.

BANNED

The reveal of the original thunderbolts as the masters of evil was still arguably one of the best reveal in modern comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
    Zemo is the bad guy in Avengers Undercover.

MACH-Whatever is a minor supporting character in Superior Foes of Spider-Man.

Fixer is stuck in a time loop.

I don't think Songbird or Moonstone have been seen since Jeff Parker's Dark Avengers ended.

Atlas shows up every now and then as part of a minor team but he's mostly been in limbo since Fabian left.

I think Jolt is still on Counter-Earth but I'm not sure.
    Thank you for the reply. Its too bad Marvel is so busy chasing the Avengers and movies around, maybe they could spend some more time or energy on solid books like the original Bolts. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    The reveal of the original thunderbolts as the masters of evil was still arguably one of the best reveal in modern comics.

Agreed one of the best ever.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Viz View Post
    Thank you for the reply. Its too bad Marvel is so busy chasing the Avengers and movies around, maybe they could spend some more time or energy on solid books like the original Bolts. Oh well. It was fun while it lasted.

Marvel still has good villain books. The current Loki series (and its Journey into Mystery successor) plays around with the same redemption themes as classic Bolts. Superior Foes of Spider-Man seems to be the Bolt’s spiritual successor; it doesn’t really do the redemption* thing but it has the same obvious love for the Marvel Universe and uses a lot of former Bolts.

*Though it does show why a guy like the original Beetle would be so eager to go straight. The lives of minor villains like Boomerang and Shocker are hilariously awful.

Its funny that you mention movies though. I’ve been thinking a while about how a Thunderbolts/MoE movie would be awesome … and why it would never happen. The twist ending doesn’t work if comic fans (and the media) spoil it for everyone else. I feel like you need preexisting movie villains and the tendency to kill the bad guy at the end of the movie to give the audience closure means that we don’t get many recurring villains; so far it’s just Loki and some Hydra people. I guess Loki could recruit Abomination and Zola but you can’t have a proper Masters of Evil with just three guys.

Odd question... when is this from? I mean it's obvious Parker/Shalvey... but I have no memory of when this happened. I want to say it's Fear, Itself; but again... no memory. Any help?

The Thunderbolts appear on the cover of Deadpool: Dracula's Gauntlet #6 and will most likely be in the issue.

I'd like to see Punisher lead his own team.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    The Thunderbolts appear on the cover of Deadpool: Dracula's Gauntlet #6 and will most likely be in the issue.

Is this just reprinting the digital comic? They only had a small (but acceptable) appearance in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Odd question... when is this from? I mean it's obvious Parker/Shalvey... but I have no memory of when this happened. I want to say it's Fear, Itself; but again... no memory. Any help?

You are right, it is FI, I want to say the tie in issue just before the majority of the team gets sent time hopping while they were failing to stopp Juggernaut after getting the Asgardian power up.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post

Thunderbolts? Where, I don't see any.

Quote Originally Posted by tsaimelemoni View Post
    Is this just reprinting the digital comic? They only had a small (but acceptable) appearance in that.
    Yeah they basically do their due diligence against the hordes of canon fodder. Which is perfectly fine since it's Deadpool's book. Really it just made me happy when I read it because sometimes it seems Marvel heroes forget they have allies on speed dial, and it plays into Thunderbolts continuity, 'what happened to Deadpool's turn?' well here you go.

1. Who is your favourite Thunderbolt? Songbird and Moonstone
    2. Who is your favourite Thunderbolts writer? between Busiek and Nicieza
    3. Who is your favourite Thunderbolts villain? Zemo
    4. What is your favourite Thunderbolts story arc? All run of Busiek and Nicieza
    5. Who is your favourite Thunderbolts ally? Hank Pym
    6. What is your favourite fight in Thunderbolts? T-Bolts vs Graviton
    7. What is your favourite Thunderbolts romance? Songbird and Mach V
    8. What was your saddest Thunderbolts moment? Death of gennis
    9. Which dead Thunderbolts/Dark Avenger would you resurrect? Gennis-Vell
    10. Who would you love to see join the Thunderbolts? Diamondback

Fantastic Member

1. Who is your favorite Thunderbolt? MACH-whatever and Hawkeye
    2. Who is your favorite Thunderbolts writer? Nicieza
    3. Who is your favorite Thunderbolts villain? Zemo
    4. What is your favorite Thunderbolts story arc? Counter Earth arc
    5. Who is your favorite Thunderbolts ally? Citizen V (though “ally” is a stretch)
    6. What is your favorite fight in Thunderbolts? Zemo Vs Moonstone (and Fixer Vs Everyone else)
    7. What is your favorite Thunderbolts romance? Zemo and Fixer :-D
    8. What was your saddest Thunderbolts moment? Atlas goes into a coma after FINALLY doing the right thing
    9. Which dead Thunderbolts/Dark Avenger would you resurrect? Genis-Vell
    10. Who would you love to see join the Thunderbolts? Sandman

Underdog movie success for Guardians of the Galaxy makes me think Thunderbolts could succeed? I would love to see Ghost, Songbird, Moonstone, and Satana on the big screen... Man-thing is probably off limits, though...