View Poll Results: Who’s your FAVOURITE Thunderbolts writer?

Voters
146. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kurt Busiek

67 45.89%
  • Fabian Nicieza

24 16.44%
  • Warren Ellis

31 21.23%
  • Andy Diggle

1 0.68%
  • Jeff Parker

14 9.59%
  • Daniel Way

0 0%
  • Charles Soule

7 4.79%
  • Ben Acker & Ben Blacker

2 1.37%
Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member Talkie Toaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Fightbolts, Diggle's Assassinbolts and Tbolt Rosses... just not Thunderbolts for me.
    Diggle's run did bring Ghost into the fold tho, which I thought was one of the best additions to the Thunderbolts cast ever.
    Bah weep granah weep ninny bong

Quote Originally Posted by Talkie Toaster View Post
    Diggle's run did bring Ghost into the fold tho, which I thought was one of the best additions to the Thunderbolts cast ever.
    Oh there are things about Diggle's run I love, Burning Down the House is the DEFINITIVE Songbird story in my eyes. I love Ghost, I love that he continued the tradition of some Thunderbolt always dies when a Scourge comes out to play. But the team just aren't Thunderbolts. I do think this is partly because he left too early, and I wonder where the "Blues Brothers" concept was going. Would Songbird take them on the run, to redeem them?

BANNED

I'm hoping for an All new Thunderbolts to be announced at NYCC

I'd love the classic team plus some new ones mixed in, they need a big artist like Bagley was back in the 90s.

Mach and Songbird need to be in it.

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post

I'd love the classic team plus some new ones mixed in, they need a big artist like Bagley was back in the 90s.

With Superior Foes ending I'm definitely hoping for a new Thunderbolts series.
    I'd rather have Moonstone than Mach tho

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I imagine there will be an All-New Thunderbolts soon enough. Marvel has recently shown a willingness to relaunch with a new creative team/#1.

Outside of the Ellis/Diggle stuff I have never read much Thunderbolts, I tried the last volume but didn't stick around. I hope any relaunch involves Songbird/Moonstone.

Spectacular Member

Oh there are things about Diggle's run I love, Burning Down the House is the DEFINITIVE Songbird story in my eyes. I love Ghost, I love that he continued the tradition of some Thunderbolt always dies when a Scourge comes out to play. But the team just aren't Thunderbolts. I do think this is partly because he left too early, and I wonder where the "Blues Brothers" concept was going. Would Songbird take them on the run, to redeem them?
    To Diggle's credit, he managed to make the title work despite having to introduce a completely new cast and only having 10 issues on the book. He also made sure the central theme of villains tempted to be heroes continued (with Ghost, Paladin, and Headsman protecting Songbird) and continued the "hero infiltrates the Thunderbolts" running plot element with Black Widow. I was surprised that he managed to maintain so many of the Thunderbolts themes with such a radically shifted cast. And he was the reason we got to see Abe and Bert for the first time in over a year.

I want a return to the classic Thunderbolts lineup and feel. Give us a team with Songbird, Moonstone, Mach VII, and some newbies facing off against Zemo, Techno, Atlas, and Zemo's Masters of Evil.

Fantastic Member

I sort of feel like All-New Thunderbolts has a lot to pick from with all the related cancelled or soon-to-be-cancelled comics.

While I never considered Way’s Thunderbolts to be “real” Thunderbolts, it wouldn’t surprise me if they kept up the tradition of using at least one Bolt from the previous incarnation.

Avengers Undercover prominently featured Zemo’s new Masters AND a bunch of young superhumans who exist in the Bolts’ usual grey area.

Then there’s Superior Foes. *Sobs* YOU WERE TAKEN TOO SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by Zartan's Brother View Post
    To Diggle's credit, he managed to make the title work despite having to introduce a completely new cast and only having 10 issues on the book. He also made sure the central theme of villains tempted to be heroes continued (with Ghost, Paladin, and Headsman protecting Songbird) and continued the "hero infiltrates the Thunderbolts" running plot element with Black Widow. I was surprised that he managed to maintain so many of the Thunderbolts themes with such a radically shifted cast. And he was the reason we got to see Abe and Bert for the first time in over a year.
    Oh I think Diggle did a great job with his set-up; and he had some good arcs (the President's plane was cool, very Perfect Dark-esq) BUT... because he left halfway through his story, all the set-up came to nothing (making most of it irrelevant).

Quote Originally Posted by The BaRoN View Post
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'd love that (unless it's more f*ck Rulk, then it can sod off!)

Quote Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
    While I never considered Way’s Thunderbolts to be “real” Thunderbolts, it wouldn’t surprise me if they kept up the tradition of using at least one Bolt from the previous incarnation.
    The Leader or Faustus would be my pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Beacon View Post
    Then there’s Superior Foes. *Sobs* YOU WERE TAKEN TOO SOON!

BANNED

Re Reading the original run and what a great story it was, Thunderbolts just felt like a major team and still did until fear itself IMO.

Bagley was on top form and the Four freedoms plaza HQ was a great idea.

Fantastic Member

The Leader or Faustus would be my pick.

Maybe put Faustus on a rival team so Moonstone has a foil. I don’t think there’s room on the team for two evil shrinks.

I’m totally with you on Leader though.

Really, I could see almost any of them working…except for Punisher and “Electric Nachos”.

Ghost Rider would be fun if only for the awkwardness of the Spirit of Vengeance among a bunch of past and present criminals. After the Penance Stare drives the first Bolt insane I figure they stop messing with him.

Deadpool could work since he’s actually a decent fit for a redemption-themed Bolts but I worry his tone is a little too light.

I never really cared for Rulk (the main appeal of the Jeff Parker run was that he became a punching bag) but I still have to chuckle at him being in something called “the Thunderbolts”.

Latest preview of the GENIUS Superior Foes of Spiderman. Man, I love that comic...

I wish they would continue the Thunderbolts Classic tpbs.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I wish they would continue the Thunderbolts Classic tpbs.
    Me too. I have the first 3. I really wish they'd reprint the original Avengers/Thunderbolts TPB crossover.

Me too. I have the first 3. I really wish they'd reprint the original Avengers/Thunderbolts TPB crossover.
    The Nefaria Protocols? I have it.

Latest preview of the GENIUS Superior Foes of Spiderman. Man, I love that comic...
    Awww man, poor Herman.
    I really thought next issue was gonna be his moment