Super Moderator

Default Michael Cho Balances Shadow and Light in Striking New Marvel Variant Covers

The artist of the acclaimed graphic novel "Shoplifter" comes to Marvel Comics for a new series of 20 variant covers -- check out 12 right here.

Full article here.

I'm curious why (besides All-New Wolverine and Old Man Logan) Extraordinary X-Men, at least, didn't get a Cho cover.

I don't want to beat the conspiracy drum, but if seems like a missed opportunity. I like the style. It reminds me of those Marcos Martin covers from ASM #700.

Quote Originally Posted by Mundungus View Post
    I'm curious why (besides All-New Wolverine and Old Man Logan) Extraordinary X-Men, at least, didn't get a Cho cover.
    The same reason the other 30-odd books Marvel produces in a given month didn't get them?

Quote Originally Posted by Mundungus View Post

I don't want to beat the conspiracy drum, but if seems like a missed opportunity. I like the style. It reminds me of those Marcos Martin covers from ASM #700.
    I think that is actually easily explainable. Take a look at these two pictures

Now take a look at the covers again. See the heavy overlap there?
    All-New Wolverine and Old Man Logan are both officially part of ANAD so they get one. Extraordinary along with the rest of the X-books are not so they don't get any.
    Granted it's not a 100% fit but I do think they prioritized the books they want to push under the ANAD label.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    I think that is actually easily explainable. Take a look at these two pictures

Now take a look at the covers again. See the heavy overlap there?
    All-New Wolverine and Old Man Logan are both officially part of ANAD so they get one. Extraordinary along with the rest of the X-books are not so they don't get any.
    Granted it's not a 100% fit but I do think they prioritized the books they want to push under the ANAD label.

IOW, the franchise that invented ANAD, isn't worthy of the push that the comics and franchises that are appropriating their theme and label are getting.

Hysterical.
    Ironic.
    Sad.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?