Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wildstorm sightings

the New 52's attempt to make the Wildstorm characters major players in the DCU failed. But I still think there are a number of charcaters who could be incorporated into the larger universe. Midnighter is currently featured in one of DC's best written books and he's had some great team ups with Grayson.
    Speaking of which there were some Wildstorm sightings in this month's issue of Grayson.
    (Minor spoilers)

While Helena Bertanelli is having a meeting with members of rival spy organizations we can see one of the shadowy figures is Grifter. I believe this is his second appearance as he was in a similar scene a few issues back. He definitely needs to be used at lot more in the DCU. He was in Future's End but didn't actually wear his costume and was pretty much just the straight man in Fifty Sue's act.
    During the final scene while Agent 37 aka Grayson is infiltrating a secret layer LADYTRON shows up! I'm really glad to see they're using her here. They hinted at the character way back in the Team 7 book but nothing ever became of it. She's an interesting character created by none other than Alan Moore. Would love to see her have a run in with Cyborg down the line.

These characters are never going to rival DC's top heroes as far as popularity and page time but they can still play important roles in the mid tier books.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Helspont is a Superman villain now.

BANNED

My favorites are Grifter and Ladytron. And did I just see Deathblow? Yeah!

A team like the Authority is definitely not going to work in the DCU. But Wildstorm did have a lot of great mercs and special agent type characters. Grayson is a perfect book to showcase characters like Midnighter, Grifter, and Deathblow. Plus the God Garden is helping to introduce characters like Ladytron.
    I would love to see Spartan make an appearance. Possibly as a secret weapon of ARGUS or Checkmate. He could be the Captain America-like character of the DCU. An android super soldier.
    Marvel is always using their Superman clones. DC could have their own Cap.
    Last edited by Robotman; 11-01-2015 at 11:53 PM.

I hope we see more of Gen 13. There was just that little brief couple of appearances with Superboy.

And WildC.A.T.s!

Incredible Member

Give these people their universe back, please. Its better for everyone.
    Also because we all want that JLA/Authority crossver.

I always thought a merging of the original Stormwatch concept with JLI and Global Guardians would make a fun and interesting read.

Outside of Midnighter, there is no much about the rest of the Wildstorm characters. Shame. Only hints and false leads.
    But the rest of Stormwatch are doing wonders as a team so secret nobody knowns nothing about. Or at least make a guest appearance with Midnighter.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

I think that if the Grayson team gives good space to Grifter and Ladytron, it could be the beginning of something wonderful. At leats Apollo and Midnigher are getting more attention.
    I'd like to see more Hawksmoore in Grayson, too! He's a great character and he'd fit perfectly.
    - We were the BEST, Richard. No matter what anyone thinks. - Damian Wayne.

Green Lantern Spanish Fan Site HERE

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    A team like the Authority is definitely not going to work in the DCU. But Wildstorm did have a lot of great mercs and special agent type characters. Grayson is a perfect book to showcase characters like Midnighter, Grifter, and Deathblow. Plus the God Garden is helping to introduce characters like Ladytron.
    I would love to see Spartan make an appearance. Possibly as a secret weapon of ARGUS or Checkmate. He could be the Captain America-like character of the DCU. An android super soldier.
    Marvel is always using their Superman clones. DC could have their own Cap.
    Ladytron and a disassembled Spartan had appeared before, in the sadly short-lived Team 7.

I have to say, though, if there's one character that could show up in Grayson-like books and just throw it in the fan is Henry Bendix.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

BANNED

I hope they bring back Mister Majestic and Backlash one day. You can't introduce Wildstorm characters into the new DCU and not mention WildCATS. I wonder what Jim Lee thinks about the lack of Wildstorm use in the New 52.

Even though they have failed. You still can't fault them for trying and I'm sure they'll try again and again. I'm just glad that Grifter interacted with Green Arrow and Apollo & Midnighter were on the same team as Martian Manhunter! Seriously, how cool is that?
    Last edited by Starchild; 11-04-2015 at 12:48 AM.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Is Ladytron still deeply *&#^ed up and a multiple murderer? Or is she nicened up, the way she was in some of her later WildStorm appearances?
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Always been fond of Mister Majestic but he doesn't really suit the DCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Always been fond of Mister Majestic but he doesn't really suit the DCU.
    Having Apollo in the DCU is already pushing it. There are way too many Superman clones flying around. Majestic did show up in Team 7 but had one of those deaths where you don't see a body. So he could still return.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Having Apollo in the DCU is already pushing it. There are way too many Superman clones flying around. Majestic did show up in Team 7 but had one of those deaths where you don't see a body. So he could still return.
    I don't think it's a bad thing unless their characterization is exactly the same.

Removing Apollo (and Midnighter) from their original origin was, I think, a misstep inasmuch as it removes a lot of what helps distinguish Apollo from a character like Superman. Even the marriage went a way to doing that.
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)