View Poll Results: Which of the DC You miniseries did you like the most?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • All-Star Section Eight

8 13.79%
  • Harley Quinn and Power Girl

3 5.17%
  • Prez

22 37.93%
  • Bat-Mite

1 1.72%
  • Green Lantern: Lost Army

18 31.03%
  • Bizarro

4 6.90%
  • Doomed

2 3.45%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Always Rakzo

Default Which of the DC You miniseries did you like the most?

Most (if not all) of the miniseries that were announced for the DC You are ending in November, so which one was the most appealing to you?

I personally liked All-Star Section Eight the best, is the kind of superhero parody that I can get behind that also brings some level of depth. Prez was a solid series despite of how biased the writing seemed to be at times. Harley Quinn and Power Girl, Bizarro and Bat-Mite were fun too.

I thought Bat-Mite was really fun, even if it wasn't the kind of direction I expected them to go with the character, and I hope we might get to see Bat-Mite come back in the future .

Or at least give Dan Jurgens a new Booster Gold book .

Lost Army was a solid title and I wish DC had given it more issues for Bunn to work with, but I still really enjoyed it and thought it was an interesting story over all. Definitely has me looking forward to the next adventures of the Corps. .

Always Rakzo

I sadly wasn't really a fan of Lost Army, I thought it was one of the most mediocre things that came out from DC recently.

The characterization was derivative for the most part (going so far to the predictable portrayal of John Stewart as a marine instead of the more complex architect one) with a story that went basically nowhere and with the ever so lovely "killing characters to create shock value without giving them an interesting characterization" (the last one was especially obvious in the last couple of chapters).

Hope that Taylor does a better job in the sequel (I honestly wasn't expecting to be excited for his return but in comparison it should be better at least).

Never Giving Up! GreenLanternRanger's Avatar

Lost Army was my fav, sad Bunn only got six issues to work with. But looking forward to the continuation Edge of Oblivion it seems to have a solid team on it.
    There's a Time For Peace, and Then There's a Time To Punch Nazi Scumbags in the Face!!

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Lost Army was my favorite out of them all.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Always Rakzo

Well, Taylor should definitely be an improvement for the kind of direction that this series in particular was going for.

He has a nice skill to execute big moments being either in terms of character and action, his style has a certain "modern" feel that is especially noticeable in the themes and narration he uses and, despite that this is not one of my favorite tools in writing, he knows good and powerful ways to kill characters.

Most of my complaints about his previous DC work (Earth 2) was about how he really didn't know anything about the franchise but seeing how he's going to use new concepts for the most part in Green Lantern: Edge of Oblivion he should be a much better fit than Bunn.

BANNED

I'm going with Prez. It's sad that DC and fans didn't even give it a chance.

I found no enjoyment in any and dropped all after a issue.

Always Rakzo

Speaking about Bat-Mite, I think it turned-out better than I expected.

Jurgens' writing is definitely comic book-y (narration, style, etc.), it couldn't fit anywhere else and that obviously helped it to fit in this series. However, the jokes where also funnier than what I was anticipating, some of the themes were interesting and the characterization was quite on-point. The last issue about the Inferior Five was pretty charming.

As far as cartoony books go, I think I enjoyed it more than Bizarro. Wish we could get a replacement for it.

Mighty Member

Prez is far and away the best, although I loved ASS8 too. I also enjoyed Bat-mite, Bizarro and Doomed quite a bit too. Lost Army was okay but I want to see how it wraps up before I judge the whole thing. The only one I didn't read was HQ/PG.

Always Rakzo

Bizarro was a fun read but at times I felt like the whole "Bizarro dialogue" was getting old, I tended to enjoy the art the most.

Lost Army, of course. I've really enjoyed it.

Again a soldier would be more suitable for the situation they are in. As opposed to an architect.

But my favorite is Prez.

Quote Originally Posted by My Two Cents View Post
    I found no enjoyment in any and dropped all after a issue.
    I never even got tempted enough to try any of them, though I'm glad DC did give those characters a bit more exposure.

I will probably try the Poison Ivy mini- in January, and maybe one or two others.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

All Star Section Eight has definitely been my favorite. The latest issue shows that there's some sentiment under all that skewering.

Prez would be second. It's definitely a good mini, but I felt the satire was low hanging fruit. Then again, people like Donald Trump and Ben Carson have legitimate shots at the Republican nomination, so maybe that's just the world we live in these days.

None of the others really sparked my interest. Bizarro, for example, was pretty funny for one issue, then got same-y really quickly. I wouldn't say that any were outright bad, although Doomed certainly was nothing to write home about.