Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default New Batman Solo Film Rumors Say Joker, Red Hood & More Headed to Gotham

A report indicates the next "solo" Batfilm will feature an ensemble cast, introducing a number of major players to WB's growing superhero universe.

Full article here.

I would be down for this. I'm love to see an adult Nightwing, a former Robin and a new Robin.

BANNED

This seems like an esp. tenuous cluster of speculation. Be interesting if it actually happened, but in it's current stated it's dry bone with no meat or marrow to it.

Wait and see mode engaged.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

If Leto's in as Joker, then I'm out.

I will not warm up to that version of The Joker.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

They do know Batman has more villains than the Joker, right?
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Space Ghost, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Yeah I like the idea of a Batman Family film with Dick Grayson as Nightwing, one of the newer Robins (Drake or Damian), Barb's Batgirl, Batwoman, Huntress, Red Hood and the like, but I'd rather they'd keep the Joker as a support villain and consider some others. I always thought that the Hush or Court of Owls storylines would make for perfect Batman Family films.

Team DD +++ BuckyNat Master Man's Avatar

I hope this is true.
    This is what I hoped/expected for the first Batfleck solo film.
    Hopefully the Bat-Family will be done right on the big screen.
    But more importantly, I hope Dick Grayson is done right.

A lot of hope went into this post. A lot of hope.
    Currently reading:
    - Gangsta.
    - Gangsta. Cursed
    - Tokyo Ghoul:re

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Not sure if I am a fan of skipping over the build up of Jason and going right to the Red Hood.

BANNED

Having Jason Todd and the Red Hood stuff sounds like a lot for one movie.

I would kinda like to see them attempt the Joker starting out as the Red Hood persona before his chemical bath. They haven't tried that onscreen yet, at least not in the films.

I am not a fan of the Red Hood identity for Joker or Jason Todd but I do like the narrative of Death in the Family and Jason's resurrection and new lease on life. Chances are they are covering Jason's death in Batman v Superman, and this would be the follow up to that. So people who saw Batman V Superman would know that Robin is dead and it would be a surprise (like a Winter Soldier-esque surprise) when he shows up in the solo film.

Also Nightwing would be cool. And I hope they include Tim Drake. It might seem like a lot but the plot could revolve around Batman taking on a new Robin just as Jason Todd rolls back into town, fueling his already pent up aggression toward Batman for being abandoned. I could see Tim Drake being a plot football, the climax of the plot mirroring Death of the Family but this time it's Jason Todd taking Tim Drake hostage and threatening for history to repeat itself.

I want Clayface or pretty much any other villain we've yet to see in celluloid.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Yeah I like the idea of a Batman Family film with Dick Grayson as Nightwing, one of the newer Robins (Drake or Damian), Barb's Batgirl, Batwoman, Huntress, Red Hood and the like, but I'd rather they'd keep the Joker as a support villain and consider some others. I always thought that the Hush or Court of Owls storylines would make for perfect Batman Family films.
    If the story is going to involve a resurrected Jason Todd/Red Hood then Joker almost has to be involved here and if the plot of the movie here follows the plot of the UTRH comic then there could be other villains involved as well as the Joker. Neither Hush nor the Court of Owls had anything to do with the death of Robin after all so having them involved here makes no sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Not sure if I am a fan of skipping over the build up of Jason and going right to the Red Hood.
    I'm not really a fan of that either but that Jason might be in a film at all is still something that I'm excited about seeing.

I'm looking forward to this assuming that the rumor is more than just a rumor of course.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Bring back Adam West's Bruce Wayne for a Batman Beyond movie.

Do it.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Would rather they do an Arkham based story and get as many villains on screen as possible. Not thrilled with the idea of Red Hood on the big screen. However, I will of course be there opening night no matter how much I complain.

What about the Morrison villains?

Also, from the bronze age, Man-Bat has never been seen in film.