Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default PREVIEW: Dark Knight III: The Master Race #1

The epic ending you never saw coming is here because you demanded it! The Dark Knight rises again to face the dawn of the master race!

Full preview here.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Now that's a smart-looking comic. The Bat, saving lives. Wonder Woman, saving lives. Crooked cops and six-limbed monsters!

Oh, yeah!
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Now that's a smart-looking comic. The Bat, saving lives. Wonder Woman, saving lives. Crooked cops and six-limbed monsters!

Oh, yeah!
    Yeah, it looks pretty promising.

Fantastic Member DeathFalcon182's Avatar

This is what i expected from a book written by Azzarello.

BANNED

I didn't know Winder Woman was in this. I wonder if that's why they brought in Azz, to keep a short leash on Miller's standard portrayal of Wonder Woman.

I do hope the syntax of that solicit blurb is an indicator of what's to come in the actual pages.

BANNED

On a brighter note, there are some grand covers here. I like how these two portray the same scene (believe the second one is Capullo's but don't know about the first)

DKIII-GABRIEL-DELL-OTTO-429ed.jpg

DKIII-RAFAEL-ALBUQUERQUE-f31a1.jpg

But they are both so different in tone and composition. Good stuff.

Edit: second one is Raf Albuquerque, not Capullo.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    I didn't know Winder Woman was in this. I wonder if that's why they brought in Azz, to keep a short leash on Miller's standard portrayal of Wonder Woman.
    He treated her just fine in DKII.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post

I do hope the syntax of that solicit blurb is an indicator of what's to come in the actual pages.
    Of course, I like Miller's DKSA Wonder Woman a whole lot more than Azz's recent take on her, but...

What is it with all the conspiracy theories? Two guys who've known each other for years can't work on a comic together without it being forced on them or someone tricking Miller into it or it being a ploy to drum up interest in a movie that's going to make millions anyway?
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    He treated her just fine in DKII.
    Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Of course, I like Miller's DKSA Wonder Woman a whole lot more than Azz's recent take on her, but...

What is it with all the conspiracy theories? Two guys who've known each other for years can't work on a comic together without it being forced on them or someone tricking Miller into it or it being a ploy to drum up interest in a movie that's going to make millions anyway?
    I in fact did not know that Azz and Miller were friends. Anyway, I'm slightly biased against DKIII. I didn't find Miller's old Batman stuff as earthshaking as some, and I can't stand his contemporary stuff. Most of my qualms with his Diana come from ASBAR but I'm still not sure how I feel about the bizzare romance from DK2.

But I don't fault anyone for liking his work. The core of the setting and the idealogy under all the odd stuff is really solid.

BANNED

I absolutely love how it`s clearly Klaus inking but with Azz on board it looks 100 Bullets in places with the Riso dancing shadows.

It looks fantastic so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    I absolutely love how it`s clearly Klaus inking but with Azz on board it looks 100 Bullets in places with the Riso dancing shadows.

It looks fantastic so far.
    i thought the same thing, looks like Risso

I personally never hated Miller's Batman work or understood the hate. IMHO, his work is a stylized take on Batman and his perception of the world he lives in. His writing ranges from darkly poetic to un-apologetically chaotic.
    I'm convinced that most people, who hate on a comic, never read said comic.

Incredible Member

Definitely an attempt to evoke Miller's DKR era art style. Be interesting to see how it works in color. Love it so far.

This is pretty much Azzarello's who with Millers story. Gonna be interesting to see how it turns out. I'd suspect that Azz probably grounded it a little.

Sooooo many covers. DC is gonna ride this fucking thing just like they rode Before Watchmen.
    Back For Good Behavior!

If nothing else it looks like this book is going to have wonderful art. I can't wait to see it in color.