Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    All-New Member

For me, two things make Deathlok: the zombie/cyborg aspect (although I'll accept burn victim/cyborg for TV) and the sorely missing human vs. computer interaction in his head.

All-New Member

I want to like this since I like Deathlok, but without the zombie/robot aspect, as someone else pointed out, it's just Marvel's Cyborg. I'd give it a chance at $2.99 though.

RG

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    What's the point of Deathlok without a messed up face?

Fantastic Member

For more non-decayed Deathlok, go read Casey and Manco's Deathlok series.

Because hey, Casey and Manco.

Quote Originally Posted by StoneGold View Post
    For more non-decayed Deathlok, go read Casey and Manco's Deathlok series.

Because hey, Casey and Manco.
    Thank You!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I'm a fair-weather Deathlok fan, I'll admit...
    I'd never consider myself a "fan" of Deathlok the way that many others are, mostly because I've read very few of his appearances. However, ever since BEYOND! I've really been interested in reading more about Michael Collins, and I think his look - the zombie/cyborg thing - was a big part of it.

Without the zombie-ness, he's more or less just a cyborg. Nothing wrong with that, of course, but I liked the idea that Collins SHOULD be dead, and only isn't because he's trapped in a cybernetic nightmare, rigged to a killing system that goes against everything he ever believed in as a pacifist. It presents interesting philosophical dilemmas that maybe aren't quite as apparent when the character is just "a robot guy."

Anyway, I'm hoping you guys find a lot to like about the new series; I'm probably too poor to pick it up when it initially comes out, but some praise will lead me to get it eventually!

-Pav, who believes there are so many 90s characters with untapped potential...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I'd never consider myself a "fan" of Deathlok the way that many others are, mostly because I've read very few of his appearances. However, ever since BEYOND! I've really been interested in reading more about Michael Collins, and I think his look - the zombie/cyborg thing - was a big part of it.

Without the zombie-ness, he's more or less just a cyborg. Nothing wrong with that, of course, but I liked the idea that Collins SHOULD be dead, and only isn't because he's trapped in a cybernetic nightmare, rigged to a killing system that goes against everything he ever believed in as a pacifist. It presents interesting philosophical dilemmas that maybe aren't quite as apparent when the character is just "a robot guy."

Anyway, I'm hoping you guys find a lot to like about the new series; I'm probably too poor to pick it up when it initially comes out, but some praise will lead me to get it eventually!

-Pav, who believes there are so many 90s characters with untapped potential...
    Well maybe they're not giving him the classic Deathlok look because Collins will have it, it's already been confirmed that he'll play a part in the new series

Extraordinary Member

I love the push he's getting.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BaneofKings View Post
    Wasn't really interested in this until I saw Nathan Edmondson's name attached. Now it should be pretty good - Edmondson's Punisher & Black Widow have been amazing. Crossing fingers for $2.99, but knowing Marvel, I wouldn't be surprised if this was $3.99.
    Pretty much my exact feelings. While I'm not hip to him being given a more TV look, a look I feel they did for budget reasons and to show off the actor more, I get it.
    I really liked the 90's series that I read till around issue #20 something. Deathlok has been more of a plot device when seen of late and while I'll pine for Michael Collins or Luthor Manning I'll try this out....cause Edmondson hasn't let me down on Punisher or Black Widow. I feel he has this type character down and Deathlok seems a solid fit based on that.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Can't wait for this!!!