Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    All-New Member

Hello everyone,

I am a writer/creator looking for comic artists/illustrators for a range of projects. The productions will be narrative stories in webtoon format. For an idea of what webtoons are, check out the 2 biggest platforms:

http://www.webtoons.com/en/
    or
    http://www.lezhin.com

I am flexible in terms of art style as I have a big range of stories to be produced. They fall under the fantasy ,sci-fi, drama, and horror genres. Based on your style, I can match the right story to the right collaborator. The only criteria is that you should be familiar with the general style, format, and pacing of webtoons. Payment to be negotiated.

A little about me: Experienced but little-known creator based in Singapore. My past work can be seen on the first page here: http://johnytay.net. You can check them out to see if you like my storytelling/writing ability. Also, I have a recent webtoon on Lezhin: http://www.lezhin.com/en/comic/everydayzen

All the projects will be pitched to Lezhin as I have a working relationship with them.

Looking forward to hearing from you!
    Johny

Please write me at: johny at johnytay.net

All-New Member

Hey guys,

My name is Stu Perrins, I'm a British Comic Award nominated writer from the Uk and i'm looking for an artist/letter/inker for a new project. I did have someone lined up for this, but after months of going backwards and forwards the artist has jumped ship. Which is a bummer, but the show must go on.

The project is a three issue mini-series called 'Amelia Brightside- The Miracle Child' and the best way to pitch it is to say - 'What would happen if James Bond was a 1890's speed punk Audrey Hepburn?'. I would also describe the story as a cross between Hellboy, Penny Dreadful, 007 and The Goon. Although there is a strong horror element to the story I would like to emphasize that is a very 'fun' story and its something i'm not only extremely proud of but something which I think a lot of people would enjoy. All three issues are written and ready to go!

Unfortunately, I have zero budget for this, so I can't offer payment upfront but what I can offer is 50% of all profits and copyrights, ect. So, if any of you talented lot are interested then please email me at stuperrins1@gmail.com with some samples.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks.

Hello! My name is Darren and for the last 9 years i have coordinated and produced the fan comic Nova619 for Nova Prime Page which has involved dozens of amateur artists from all over the globe under the bannner Team619! This year while Nova619 has a hiatus until late 2018 we're doing a new 6 issue commitment called Novaverses. This is a fan-fiction anthology with accompanying single page splash artwork. If any fan writers or artists would like to consider contributing - please get in touch with me via darrenblackburn101@gmail.com. Stories featuring Richard Rider, Sam Alexander or any new/original Nova related/Marvel Cosmic can be set in any universe - except the regular 616/Marvel Now. Stories can be single issue or multi-arc, no word count limit. Art is purely voluntary but all credit - as with story contributors - will be given. Thanks!

You can also check us out via our Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1633077803649177/

All-New Member

Hey guys my name is Paul.. I have been writing this comic book series, I'm two issues complete and still writing and I need an artist to help me bring this to life...there is no budget for this but I do plan to get the material out there when finish and go thru a publishing company or self publish and when we get to that road we can talk about percentages.. I have more ideas to lead to different series in the future if this goes well.... if interested email me punit32688@gmail.com and we can talk thanks

All-New Member

Looking to showcase your writing/artistic talent? Check out Tethered By Letters. We are an independent literary press out of Denver and we are always on the look out for great new artists and writers. Our magazine is unique in that every story we publish is accompanied by full color commissioned artwork. Check out our website to learn more about what we're all about.

In addition, we just launched the Kickstarter for our seventh issue. If you are so inclined, please consider supporting our project. We just might send you a free mug!

rsmalleyiv

Writer/ editor available for work! I'm up to collaborate on a story, or just to edit script! Below is a link to my site with some info on what I've written and contact information.
    Thanks, everyone!

russellsmalley.com

VladMomotArt

Hola, stranger!

VLAD MOMOT
    Tumblr - Instagram

• Experienced freelancer looking for COVER/POSTER ART commissions! Different diverse styles and content!
    • Affordable prices for a high level quality artwork, accurate numbers may vary and depend on the exact kind and amount of work that's needed to be done.
    • Payment accepted via PayPal.
    • I'm very versatile in terms of styles, moods, genres, approaches. And I really love my job. No tracing, no 3D models, only 100% original stuff.

Hit me up:
    @

Looking forward to draw some cool stuff for the people,
    - Vlad

Bohrer

Hi,
    My name is Fabricio Bohrer and I'm a comic book artist based in Brasil.
    See my samples on my portfolio. If interested, contact me by email.
    Thank you very much.

Portfolio:
    https://www.behance.net/fabriciobohrer

Email:
    fabricio.bohrer@gmail.com

All-New Member

Hi all,

We’re currently searching for a creative and exciting penciller to work with our existing artists to produce 30 new pages for our digital comic, Half-Life: A Place in the West. You will be working alongside our existing artists Ester Saguero, Ivan Miranda and Javier Puga.

The comic is set in the bizarre world of Half-Life, which follows three characters who are drawn to a secret enclave in the American city of New Franklin. A Place in the West is the first comic to be released on Steam and the first non-game modification to be granted use of the Half-Life intellectual property. Chapter 2 was released earlier this year and our hope is to release 3 this summer.

This is a paid, freelance position, at $40 a page, but it is negotiable. We are open to whatever payment method you so choose - be it via PayPal, check, etc. - and are happy to pay either every two weeks or, again, whatever works best for you. In order to invoice, just send us an email and we will respond right away.

Submission of the final completed page via e-mail in 300 dpi LZW-compressed TIF format.

Please find below examples of previous pencil work.

If you are interested, please email us at aplaceinthewest@gmail.com with examples of your work. We look forward to hearing from you!

http://aplaceinthewest.net/APW_2_Pencil_01.jpg
    http://aplaceinthewest.net/APW_2_Pencil_04.jpg

Best wishes,

The APW Team

All-New Member

I'm a writer, reviewer and editor for free.
    Examples: http://my.w.tt/UiNb/XIsdEnojoC
    https://kanhwiyonne.wordpress.com

All-New Member

Hi all,

Freelance artist available; fast, reliable, and easy to work with.

I usually ask $25 per pencilled page, $40 pencilled and inked (negotiable).
    Don't hesitate to drop a line if interested!

www.sorethumbgraphics.webs.con

tom_page_lo.jpg

Amazing Member

Guys I've been around for a long time, and I make a good living doing comic book art for a variety of companies all over the world. I've been a full time comic book artist and graphic novelist for 15 years.

I thought I could throw my (admittedly non requested) 2c here regarding page rates;

For those of you looking for artists, I see people on here posting they will deliver work for $25-$40 per page-- I'm tempted to hire them myself to ghost some of my work while I charge a "real" rate for them, but as I said I've been around and someone who is offering to work at that rate is not going to deliver the pages. Why? BECAUSE THEY NEED A JOB TO PAY THE BILLS WHILE THEY DO THIS AS A HOBBY.

Because at $40 per page for FULL art they are doing this as a hobby and have some other means to pay the bills. Think it through and do the math-- if a page of art takes FIVE HOURS (and that's extremely fast) then that person is working for $8 an hour. Below minimum wage. If they take 8 hours on a page (and that's more the norm) they are making $5 an hour. Unless this artist is living at home chained to a desk you're going to be buying excuses for missed deadlines because that 8 hours of work has to come during their off hours from whatever job it is they have that actually pays to keep the lights on.

So all you're buying at those rates is headaches and excuses.

For the artists posting these rates-- you do nothing but set yourself up for failure. I get it, you're trying to get work for your portfolio so that you can get hired by the "big" companies. The trouble is posting these bargain rates there is no way you can possibly get 22 pages done in a month and that will mean whatever book you're working on at this rate will have rushed pages, or pages done when you're tired, or the work will be sloppy and in all of those cases it's going to earn you a reputation as an artist who can't deliver pro level work and the work that comes out will be subpar.

Instead, I'd suggest you work on something of your own, post it online and make it the best you can. Hone your skills and the work will come, but if you're seen by a publisher as a bargain basement artist they won't take you seriously.

So what do you do if you're a writer who can't afford an artist?
    1. You could take some drawing lessons and try and draw it yourself. There are tons of self taught artists out here working, Jim Aparo, Frank Miller, etc-- they all taught themselves to draw. It's not as hard as it looks but it does take effort.

2. Pay real rates ($100+) for pages and do only 4-5 pages of your project and pitch it to a company, if the work looks good, and sadly for writers it's easier to sell a project if it's got good art then if it has bad art and amazing writing, you'll get a contract and your book will get a publisher. There are SO many good publishers out there right now the opportunities have never been higher. If your work gets passed on, keep pushing, remember SUPERMAN was rejected by a dozen publishers before National (now DC) bought it. <<and take a lesson there, Siegel and Shuster were so anxious to get it published they sold the rights for $130 and a guarantee of a paycheck which lasted under ten years before they got fired.

3. Go the Kickstarter route. I was involved in a Kickstarter project for a graphic novel that asked for $40K and we ended up raising close to $55k because the money kept coming in even after the campaign ended. It was hard work and we pushed it for the month it was live but we had the money to publish a book which has now been optioned by a film company.

Anyway, my thoughts. I hate to see either writers or artists set themselves up for failure.

Will.15

Quote Originally Posted by AndyFish View Post
    Guys I've been around for a long time, and I make a good living doing comic book art for a variety of companies all over the world. I've been a full time comic book artist and graphic novelist for 15 years.

I thought I could throw my (admittedly non requested) 2c here regarding page rates;

For those of you looking for artists, I see people on here posting they will deliver work for $25-$40 per page-- I'm tempted to hire them myself to ghost some of my work while I charge a "real" rate for them, but as I said I've been around and someone who is offering to work at that rate is not going to deliver the pages. Why? BECAUSE THEY NEED A JOB TO PAY THE BILLS WHILE THEY DO THIS AS A HOBBY.

Because at $40 per page for FULL art they are doing this as a hobby and have some other means to pay the bills. Think it through and do the math-- if a page of art takes FIVE HOURS (and that's extremely fast) then that person is working for $8 an hour. Below minimum wage. If they take 8 hours on a page (and that's more the norm) they are making $5 an hour. Unless this artist is living at home chained to a desk you're going to be buying excuses for missed deadlines because that 8 hours of work has to come during their off hours from whatever job it is they have that actually pays to keep the lights on.

So all you're buying at those rates is headaches and excuses.

For the artists posting these rates-- you do nothing but set yourself up for failure. I get it, you're trying to get work for your portfolio so that you can get hired by the "big" companies. The trouble is posting these bargain rates there is no way you can possibly get 22 pages done in a month and that will mean whatever book you're working on at this rate will have rushed pages, or pages done when you're tired, or the work will be sloppy and in all of those cases it's going to earn you a reputation as an artist who can't deliver pro level work and the work that comes out will be subpar.

Instead, I'd suggest you work on something of your own, post it online and make it the best you can. Hone your skills and the work will come, but if you're seen by a publisher as a bargain basement artist they won't take you seriously.

So what do you do if you're a writer who can't afford an artist?
    1. You could take some drawing lessons and try and draw it yourself. There are tons of self taught artists out here working, Jim Aparo, Frank Miller, etc-- they all taught themselves to draw. It's not as hard as it looks but it does take effort.

2. Pay real rates ($100+) for pages and do only 4-5 pages of your project and pitch it to a company, if the work looks good, and sadly for writers it's easier to sell a project if it's got good art then if it has bad art and amazing writing, you'll get a contract and your book will get a publisher. There are SO many good publishers out there right now the opportunities have never been higher. If your work gets passed on, keep pushing, remember SUPERMAN was rejected by a dozen publishers before National (now DC) bought it. <<and take a lesson there, Siegel and Shuster were so anxious to get it published they sold the rights for $130 and a guarantee of a paycheck which lasted under ten years before they got fired.

3. Go the Kickstarter route. I was involved in a Kickstarter project for a graphic novel that asked for $40K and we ended up raising close to $55k because the money kept coming in even after the campaign ended. It was hard work and we pushed it for the month it was live but we had the money to publish a book which has now been optioned by a film company.

Anyway, my thoughts. I hate to see either writers or artists set themselves up for failure.
    You say they are setting themselves up for failure. Some of them have been listing the low rates for years. And some of those appear to have a lot of published examples to show for it. They should price themselves higher, like a hundred plus like you charge? I've seen the opposite happen, artists cutting their prices, and not ones that draw terrible either, and have in some cases a credit or two by a known indie publisher. While most of the low enders would love to have a series, the reality is they are working for writers, not publishers, and are doing anthology stories that don't pay, or very little that the writer is using to get some credits, or on a proposal by him, or what not like a webcomic. Writers are setting themselves up for failure hiring them? They could be doing the same and the poorhouse by employing someone that charges a hundred and fifty bucks. I've seen some of those that draw fabulous and some I wouldn't hire for five bucks. As for writers doing it themselves, oh, yeah, we all can be Frank Miller if we just put our minds to it. And congrats on the fifty thou kickstarter. I've seen a lot of KSs, though, with that price tag that never get close to being funded, even though the proposal looks professional. There are also allegations some of the known indie publishers pay very low rates, or try to. What's their excuse?

nicoarcu

Hi there!
    My name is Nicolò Arcuti, and I'm a 25 year old italian comic book artist.
    I’ve already worked as a penciller, inker and cover artist for some small US editors such as Lucky Comics, and a couple more of Italian ones.

Down here you’ll find links to my portfolio. Everything you see is pencilled, inked and colored by me.
    Different tecniques are used, I mostly do pencils and inking by hand, along with digital colors and/or watercolors if they work with the setting and mood of the story.

I sincerely hope you like what you see:
    http://nicoarcuti.crevado.com/

If anybody is interested in my work, just send me an email and we can talk about projects and collaborations:

nico.arcuti@gmail.com