Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Formerly Blackdragon6 Emperor-of-Dragons's Avatar

This game have the potential to be the best zelda game ever. In terms of critical acclaim and popularity. And it's the first new HD zelda game to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdragon6 View Post
    This game have the potential to be the best zelda game ever. In terms of critical acclaim and popularity. And it's the first new HD zelda game to boot.
    Every new Zelda games has the potential to be the best Zelda game but there isn't enough Wi U owners to make it the most popular. Also the art style may hold back sales like Wind Waker resulting in the overly dark Twilight Princess (the 2nd highest selling Zelda game) that came after it.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Twilight was a great game though, and wind waker was vindicated by history. I think zelda u shouldn't be compared to windwaker so prematurely. The graphics are kinda different, I mean waaaaay different.

BANNED

Twilight Princess was my favorite Zelda game of all time, and one of my favorite games of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    Twilight was a great game though, and wind waker was vindicated by history. I think zelda u shouldn't be compared to windwaker so prematurely. The graphics are kinda different, I mean waaaaay different.
    Has Wind Waker been vindicated tho? The diverse art syle aside the game is very flawed by being short of dungeons, too many fetch & sail missions and a big but empty world. Don't get me wrong as it's a game I want to love but there's too many things that bug me about it and holds it back.

Astonishing Member

Wind Waker is easily my favorite since Ocarina.

Twilight Princess is good obviously, but there are so many parts that are a chore to get through that I don't find it replayable at all.

BANNED

The only part of Twilight that I found chore-like was the very beginning, the little tasks you have to do in the starting village before you set off. The game is very unclear about what you need to do next, which was pretty irritating. I figured them out the first time I played... but every time after that, I couldn't quite remember how, and ended up always looking it up at GameFAQs.

To me, if I have to go to GameFAQs, that's bad design. GameFAQs should be for completionism. If I had to go there to even advance the main story, the designers have screwed up.

Thankfully, the rest of the game was amazing, and more than made up for it.

As for Wind Waker... it never needed redeeming or vindication. It was an awesome game from the get-go.

The main fault I have with Twilight Princess is it tries to ring too close to Ocarina of Time but at least a 1/3 of the game isn't just sailing.

BANNED

I loved all the sailing, though. It was fun and usually kind of peaceful/zen. When it wasn't, it was sort of fun cartoony combat on the high seas against Moblin pirates.

Except for the gigantic Triforce-map/triforce-piece fetchquest at the end. That was the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Endless_Legend View Post
    I loved all the sailing, though. It was fun and usually kind of peaceful/zen. When it wasn't, it was sort of fun cartoony combat on the high seas against Moblin pirates.

Except for the gigantic Triforce-map/triforce-piece fetchquest at the end. That was the worst.
    That was a third of the game, apparently they were behind schedule so they scrapped 2 dungeons (that eventually ended up in TP) and replaced it with the sail & fetch quest.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    The main fault I have with Twilight Princess is it tries to ring too close to Ocarina of Time but at least a 1/3 of the game isn't just sailing.
    That's kind of true for post of the post-Ocarina games. Most of them feel like they're covering the same ground as Ocarina of Time. They're like remixes, and I'd rather just play the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    That's kind of true for post of the post-Ocarina games. Most of them feel like they're covering the same ground as Ocarina of Time. They're like remixes, and I'd rather just play the original.
    You can make the argument they are all the same as A Link To The Past since Ocarina is pretty much a 3D version of it. I found Wind Waker, Skyward Sword & Majora's Mask different enough but I think the main problem is trying to fit Ganondorf and Zelda in the games without repeating themselves. I found A Link Between Worlds was using them hollowly but Twilight Princess used them needlessly.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    You can make the argument they are all the same as A Link To The Past since Ocarina is pretty much a 3D version of it. I found Wind Waker, Skyward Sword & Majora's Mask different enough but I think the main problem is trying to fit Ganondorf and Zelda in the games without repeating themselves. I found A Link Between Worlds was using them hollowly but Twilight Princess used them needlessly.
    You can, though 3D is enough of a game changer. I think Wind Waker did the best job of being different enough, as much as I love all the games. Ditto LBW.

On another note now, I kind of hope they incorporate some multiplayer/coop in this upcoming game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    You can, though 3D is enough of a game changer. I think Wind Waker did the best job of being different enough, as much as I love all the games. Ditto LBW.

On another note now, I kind of hope they incorporate some multiplayer/coop in this upcoming game.
    TBH I hope they don't but that's just me, I like the solo quest feeling in the games. My main want for the game is to explore the Sheikah, of all the myths and lore of Zelda they are the ones I want to know more about.

Extraordinary Member

I first played through Twilight Princess and Ocarina at the same time, and I really preferred TP. I don't like the combat in any Zelda that came out before Wind Waker. And the puzzles and level design are much more fun in the later games. Maybe I'd feel differently if I'd played them in the 90s, but to me playing Ocarina and Majora's Mask after Wind Waker, Twiliight, and Skyward Sword is like playing Doom or Goldeneye after having played Half Life 2, Team Fortress 2, and Battlefield 3. They feel so much older and less refined in their design and gameplay that I can't understand why anyone would prefer them to the newer games.